Multishot. Why am I not seeing all the the "Multishot"

Question

Using the Sobek, I have I think 10 multishot. I decided to try and use a Max Tainted Shell to see what it could do in terms of headshot damage. Sometimes I see many instances of damage popping off the target which is good; however, sometimes I see 2. Like a literal 2. 

Is the game combining the pellets? Is accuracy bad? A bug? What's actually happening?

8 answers to this question

Depends, is this happening on killing blows? That usually cuts off the multishot numbers if they died to less then the full load.

Yep just tested, and I'm getting the full pellet load on every hit, until the last hit which shows the pellets needed to kill them.

Edited by rapt0rman

Sometimes excess damage gets cut off, sometimes the damage of multiple pellets get combined. Also if all of your pellets do not hit the head when the enemy dies, the game might also display the numbers of the pellets hitting the body instead of the weakspot damage numbers. There are probably many other other possibilities as well. I think I have also seen some 100% crit weapons doing non-crit damage on enemies because the non-crit damage is enough to kill the enemy. Idk if that is still possible.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

Maybe the game reduces the numbers shown to increase the performance?
I don't know if it's done for all types of dmg, but at least for slash it should be:

Zitat

Each Slash Status has its own duration, but now we only show a maximum of 10 damage numbers in the HUD, damage is unaffected, but reducing how many damage events we show helps with performance.

- https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1172454-warframe-revised-update-2720/

1 hour ago, rapt0rman said:

Depends, is this happening on killing blows? That usually cuts off the multishot numbers if they died to less then the full load.

Yep just tested, and I'm getting the full pellet load on every hit, until the last hit which shows the pellets needed to kill them.

That might be it but idk I'll test and try again. 

It's just a UI thing. 

They combine or dont show numbers if it's gonna be a lot popping up all at once. 

It's for performance issues. 

I see this a lot on the wiki, here's an example: 

"Multiple instances of the effect can stack on the same target, with each instance having its own timer, but only up to 10 tick numbers are actually shown, the rest are hidden to save performance."