Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bonewidow Feedback

Obe-Ron-Kenobi

Hello there! 

So I just finished leveling my first Nechramech Bonewidow and I thought I'd share some thoughts for anyone who cares to read em. I'll start by saying that thus far, I've honestly had a lot of fun playing Bonewidow during the event! It feels fairly tanky and has a very straightforward kit which seems mostly fitting to its "theme" I guess. I know people seem to have a lot of problems with this mech compared to the other and to be frank I can't quite address many of those complaints as my only experience with  Voidrig has come from the unmodded ones scattered around the event (which I don't feel is representative of how the mech actally preforms). 

That being said, there are only a few things I'd like to see changed or addressed with Bonewidows abilities, those being (in order of importance to me):

1). The lack of combos when ironbride is out.

2). Nechramech Pressure point should be additive with ironbride and the subsequent mods on the sword.

3). A debuff applied to enemies affected by firing line.

Honestly, I friggin love Ironbride. Its very strong and makes the slide attack super satisfying to use. My primary issue with it (and thus my biggest complaint over Bonewidow in its entirety) is simply having only one way to swing the blade. Don't get me wrong, the big sweeps and smashes are awesome, but it simply needs more. I'm very used to having block combos and forward combos with my melee weapons and it just feels very lacking not having access to more just because I'm piloting a mech. Maybe having a forward combo and the current combo at base and then adding block combos when shield maiden is active. It seems like shield maiden already has a  block animation outside of the shield bash thing, thus I don't think there would be complications in activating the bash outside of a block combo. I know its got to be difficult to code for and even harder to make animations for, but oh man if I had just one more combo to work with this mech would be practically perfect in my book.

The second point is simply a desire to do more damage with ironbride. It does a lot already, but only getting 30ish percent more damage for a mod that boasts higher doesn't sit well with me. Making it additive would also help quell some of the complaints that people have regarding Bonewidows damage compared to Voidrig. To me, making it additive doesn't seem any more broken or OP or anything, its just providing a more substantial boost for those who have made the investment for it.

Finally, I think firing line is a really neat and creative ability (that my punchthrough weapons enjoy quite a bit) but it seems like its a bit lacking in effect. I think adding a slow to enemies affected by firing line, or defense reduction/enemy susceptibility to damage, or really any small debuff would do wonders for Bonewidows overall kit and effectiveness. As it stands right now the ability is fun to use, but can at times feel like a waste of energy in many scenarios when I can just slash my opponents in half just as easily.

And thats really it! If you have any of your own opinions or thoughts I'd love to see replies and I'll do my best to address them in a timely manner! Happy holidays Tenno, hope you kill plenty of Sentients for Saint Nick.

12 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

yea, my main gripe with bonewidow is the lack of combos on iron bride. Im not a fan of the smash at the end, I feel like it kills all forward momentum.

With enough attack speed I kinda prefer the slam, but if there was a forward combo that could cancel/interrupt  the slam it's be a non-issue in the first place. 

Oh man and there could be so many wicked moves they could implement. Like imagine the mech's hand turns into a swivel like grevious (if I can find a way to share the image I've got saved I'll post it) and you just start walking the enemy lines down as a helicopter of death. So many opertunities...

13 minutes ago, Obe-Ron-Kenobi said:

With enough attack speed I kinda prefer the slam, but if there was a forward combo that could cancel/interrupt  the slam it's be a non-issue in the first place. 

Oh man and there could be so many wicked moves they could implement. Like imagine the mech's hand turns into a swivel like grevious (if I can find a way to share the image I've got saved I'll post it) and you just start walking the enemy lines down as a helicopter of death. So many opertunities...

Sounds like you just want another Warframe not Mech

Just now, Askell91 said:

Sounds like you just want another Warframe not Mech

I don't see what you mean. Maybe weapon stance or something, but I think its a bit of a stretch to claim I want an entirely new warframe with an exalted sword type weapon (when we already have excalibur) just because the only sword weilding mech we have only has one melee combo. I'm only talking about potential melee combos in the post above, I really don't see where you're getting anything else from that 😂 

Archived