Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

How many of you still use the extractor?

As time pass by, and players are farming resources like chugging it like nothing as they play warframe but I still question, does the players still use the extractor these days because it was DE basic idea for players farm and less grind in the game and they even have apps for auto mining materials off the planets.  This bring a question for me for I had stop using extractor because well the fastest way farm resources was actually playing the game.  So this been collecting dust like it is been sitting in my orbital in ancient time, thus bring my answer do I use my extractor is just "barely" and extremely rare I do it because this is just encase I am too damn lazy do any job of farming but no I don't really use it at all.

At the time being, I need learn about this year that the players had been using their extractor

450?cb=20140318185420

in these past whole year in this 2020?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*edit*

Link to vote on poll: xoyondo.com/ap/xcBIKl7y5zG5BJ9

Edited by ChaoticEdge
Just now, JackHargreav said:

I built a bunch of extractors but as it turns out you can deploy like 4 at a time.

So then I didn't bother to use them again. Otherwise I would use it if I could just drop one on each planet.

I am doing a test of the players did they use it or not but I also had in plan in using it for mining other resources like RJ and OM like PoE, Solaris and HoD.  If the result is too great it is better for we make a great discussion rather or not we should get the extractor mining the materials off OM and RJ

I last used them when the Gas City remaster came out to get me a little extra Hexenon. Still farmed most of it in-mission, but getting a few more for zero effort was still helpful.

Still remember than time some guy on this forum tried to call me out on it, thinking Hexenon was a Rare resource and therefore I couldn't possibly get any significant quantity from Extractors. So I bided my time explaining that no, I wasn't relying exclusively on Extractors, it was just a little zero-effort extra on top. He called me a liar, so once my latest (at the time) round of Extractor work was complete, I showed him a screenshot of my phone app with the Hexenon my Extractor had collected, and explained to him that Hexenon was actually an Uncommon resource. He went into full meltdown and erased every post in his thread, which was locked soon after.

Ah, good memories.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 3

Extractors are a very under rated farming tool. Many wont use them because of the limit on how many you can deploy, or how much time they take to extract resources compared to the amount you get in the end, and maybe other reasons i dont know about.

But i personally always like to leave some extractors active extracting the resources that are probably some of the most needed ones: Plastids and Polymer bundles. I swear this 2 resources are basically used on EVERYTHING. Dojo decorations, refining minerals, weapons, frames, gear items, etc. Since i have both Prime extractors, they do their job on collecting couple hundred or thousand resources while i am offline or afk, so is nice to see some extra resources at my disposal once I log back in or stop afking.

• Like 2

only back when i needed a lot of orokin cells, i used to just deploy them via the app before bed, in the morning etc

now that i have almost every prime object and warframe, i've managed to build up lots of orokin cells over time so i never bother with extractors anymore

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

only back when i needed a lot of orokin cells, i used to just deploy them via the app before bed, in the morning etc

now that i have almost every prime object and warframe, i've managed to build up lots of orokin cells over time so i never bother with extractors anymore

then remember to vote which I had a link up on top 1st post for a website for you to vote on.

Edited by ChaoticEdge
1 hour ago, T-362 said:

Me. Just sending it to get Hexenon from Jupiter, amount not so big but better gameplay comparing to sitting on infinite missions there.

+1

My helminth or other things (rarely) wants Hexenon and 50 free Hexenon each day (if I don't forget) is nice addition.

As for other I randomly put if I "feel like" (2 more free extractor) however they are not good for things I want - Mutagen & Argon. Mutagen is in smap quantity and we cannot mine Argons.
There rest resources I have enough or it cannot be farmed by extractors.

• Like 1

Yeah, I use them every day, but for polymer only. If I'm not doing anything that's heavy on the health/energy pods, or not crafting anything, I'm set for life with pods. It's great for maintaining average use of them. Extractors spared me from otherwise many hours of polymer farming.

Every day I log in since I first got them 6-7 years ago. Got 5 loyal mini vacuums loitering around the system collecting stuff at any given time. Wish I could use them to collect Railjack resources though.

Edited by Larsurus
  • Like 1

I no longer do because I've long since lost the need to gather resources outside of Argon.

But for those who do still need basic resources should be using them just because they're a passive source of them. Doesn't matter if manually farming is faster since Extractors work alongside manual farming.

• Like 2

By reviewing it right now, it seems that most likely players do not really use extractor barely at all for only 12 ppl voted and it seems that it is on mostly "never".  This is problem, more likely these extractor are more likely are useless it become but I will get more ppl and see the real result.

• Like 1

I use them ocasionally, whenever I see something is short or new, when hexenon came i used them for a while, and now with Deimos that you can extract mutagen samples as an uncommon resources, it helped me get the ones left for the Hema for my solo clan

• Like 1