Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

venom orphix: I would like to know what DE is going to do with the cheats?

I would like to know what DE is going to do with the cheats of the orphix venom event classification table, I consider by putting a high number that more than 25,000 points is impossible to do legally and it is more than 23,000 it would be very complicated but well let's say 25,000, The question is, what is DE going to do with this?

Edited by -EwC-Magnus
  • Like 2

How do you know if more than 23 000 must be cheat ?

I have score around 21,5k and we just rush Orphixes and dont care about other units, so if someone killing everything, 23k is not that hard to achieve

Edited by Myscho
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, Myscho said:

How do you know if more than 23 000 must be cheat ?

Looking at one of the other topics talking about getting 30k+, it looks like the reasoning is likely "I can't do it, so it's impossible"

Apparently the high score people are just farming sentients while leaving one of the actual targets alive.  I guess this doesn't fail the mission if you don't kill it fast enough?  Dunno.  I'm on PS4, and we obviously don't have the event right now.

• Like 1

I've gotten 32k legit, It's doable in the right conditions. 
I really hope you mistyped and meant 35k+ because getting to 30k is very simple where as anything above 35k seems very fishy.

Edited by Satan
24 minutes ago, -EwC-Magnus said:

I would like to know what DE is going to do with the cheats of the orphix venom event classification table, I consider by putting a high number that more than 25,000 points is impossible to do legally and it is more than 23,000 it would be very complicated but well let's say 25,000, The question is, what is DE going to do with this?

To put it simply and put your mind at ease: 

DE always looks for cheaters in leaderboard events. If a score looks really high, they have ways of going through that persons data and checking out their whole game, their stats, and see if anything was actually strange. 

If someone was actually cheating or using some kind of exploit to do something that should be impossible, their scores will be removed and they will be punished, as has happened in the past. 

If they just figured out a way to get a really good score then it is what it is. Some people figure out ways to get really good scores, they try really hard and figure out all the ins and outs. Probably leaving the orphix alive as long as possibly can get away with while farming sentients, maybe with a good team that is designed to kill sentients really, really fast. Seems doable under the right conditions with a truly optimized clan group with voice chat. Anyways I would never assume exploits, let DE keep an eye on it as they have always done, and if something really IS fishy, they will find out rest assured. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

IIRC, Sentients  add points to the score. They might be keeping the Orphixes at 1% HP, farming the Sentients and then killing the Orphixes before it reaches 100% control. Raise and repeat.

Same as regular Corpus/Grineer units, those are 1 pts, Sentients 2pts

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

People keep talking about 30k points in this new event and I don't want to spoil myself too much, but, getting that score has any meaning besides bragging rights or there's some stuff behind it

Clan trophy, cuz they are rewarded depending clan score which is sum personal best of each clan member and also humans have competition in nature, so thats that

Edited by Myscho

I doubt that the high scores are cheats. It's more likely that the game bugged out and that's it. Besides as others said De won't just leave those abnormal scores up.

I personally wouldn't really care a lot about it even if it was a cheat. Because it just gives some thropy for best performing clans. Nothing that would give an advantage to anyone. At max it's a spit in the face for those who got their score without exploits.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

At max it's a spit in the face for those who got their score without exploits.

Doing the mission as intended: At best 21k or so via predicting spawns and meta setups, hard-capped.

Other tactics: Approaching literally double that.

Yeah, it is a bit of a sour taste.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Doing the mission as intended: At best 21k or so via predicting spawns and meta setups, hard-capped.

Other tactics: Approaching literally double that.

Yeah, it is a bit of a sour taste.

its legit, you just need to prioritize kill sentients instead of rushing every Orphix and you can get 30k easily, the scoring is just not explained well enough

• Like 3
Just now, Monolake said:

its legit, you just need to prioritize kill sentients instead of rushing every Orphix and you can get 30k easily, the scoring is just not explained well enough

It may be 'legit' but it's not the intention of the mission. The intention is to kill Orphixes and keep control from increasing, so if you score better by doing worse at that it's a failure in design.

Also only for groups. The game ticks you 2 points per second for the entire time no sentients are on map. One person killing the single-person spawn quantities as they trickle out is not going to outdo that while also progressing through the mission to avoid total failure.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

At max it's a spit in the face for those who got their score without exploits.

This. IDGAF about "exploiting" the thing or forcing me  to have "better" performance in points just avoiding the Orphix

As far as I understand this now what they do is kill 35 Orphix. Leave the last one alive then farm the mobs under it.

If the mobs keep spawning and the score keeps going up then you have no real limit to how high your score can go.

38 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

As far as I understand this now what they do is kill 35 Orphix. Leave the last one alive then farm the mobs under it.

If the mobs keep spawning and the score keeps going up then you have no real limit to how high your score can go.

nah that doesnt work i tried it. they exploiting