Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I the only one aware of this!? "The Expanse" series x "Warframe" videogame

Roble_Viejo

10 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

d97.jpg

No seriously man, I was thinking the same thing, like "Sy-Fy has declined in quality why would I watch a show from that network still?" 

Then I watched the show and realized it's the SyFy channels The Wire. Hugely underrated but everyone that's watched it knows it's probably one of the best shows ever created.

Haven't seen the series, but read the books up to...mm...spoilers, I guess...up to the exploitation of the gate. It's a good read up to that point. 

The story goes a bit off the rails after that, but I don't think the series is going to go there. 

The protomolecule is some seriously creepy stuff and I did think of our own infestation right off. However--spoilers again, sorta--it's not what it appears to be and things take some pretty radical narrative turns after it hits Venus. 

People keep telling me I should watch it and I'd like to, but time, time, ask for anything but time. 

On 2020-12-27 at 12:52 AM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

No seriously man, I was thinking the same thing, like "Sy-Fy has declined in quality why would I watch a show from that network still?" 

Then I watched the show and realized it's the SyFy channels The Wire. Hugely underrated but everyone that's watched it knows it's probably one of the best shows ever created.

Yeah it was really impressive... The production quality, set designers, prop designers, 3D artists, costume designers... absolutely astounding. I remember watching the show for the first time I had to double check I wasn't watching HBO or Netflix because of how well done the production was. Feature movie level quality in a show is what it is... and the best part? It's not all effects and no substance... The acting is great, and the show's writers/directors excellently trimmed the 'fat' from the books in adapting them into a show.

Season 4 was a wild ride. Season 5 is shaping up to be absolutely bonkers. Definitely noticed the big bump in production budget the show got moving to Amazon as well.

2 hours ago, Letter13 said:

Yeah it was really impressive... The production quality, set designers, prop designers, 3D artists, costume designers... absolutely astounding. I remember watching the show for the first time I had to double check I wasn't watching HBO or Netflix because of how well done the production was. Feature movie level quality in a show is what it is... and the best part? It's not all effects and no substance... The acting is great, and the show's writers/directors excellently trimmed the 'fat' from the books in adapting them into a show.

Season 4 was a wild ride. Season 5 is shaping up to be absolutely bonkers. Definitely noticed the big bump in production budget the show got moving to Amazon as well.

Yea that's exactly why. They put a massively serious effort into it not seen on the average show, that's easily seen by any passer by.

• 4 weeks later...

Show looks interesting. 

However, I really don't like crossovers, especially in anime games (mucking mihoyo and their cringe game with trope-incarnate characters and unoriginal story (they ripped off Evangelion, removed the mechs, and mashed it together with Naruto and Sailor Moon). And guess what they collaborated with: The very same anime they ripped off).

Let each piece of media do its own thing. There's no need for amalgams (regardless of what Alad V told you). 

• 1 month later...

After watching the series and seeing some of the parallels, I used to have it as my headcanon that the events of The Expanse take place before Warframe's Orokin era. That was until the Heart of Deimos update.

Spoiler

Because the UNN blew it up (though there are some loose rocks on the Mars orbiter skybox, so maybe the Orokin somehow built a new Deimos)

+ there are some other lore differences, though that could be because of lost history due to the sheer amount of time that has past.

Spoiler

(Mainly about the Void being the first form of FTL travel discovered)

I guess if this somehow was a thing (though very unlikely)

Spoiler

then the hybrids could be considered as a very primitive first iteration of a Warframe

Archived