Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infinite Ally punchthrough

PhiThagRaid

If bullets can't damage our allies, can we at least allow them to pass through them? This came to my attention mainly due to the current event, when shooting the Orphix the vantage points at some spawns require the players to stand in close proximity to each other, this often causes misfires and complete nullification of damage.

When people were complaining about self damage, the most common complaint I saw was that allies could block shots and in turn cause self damage, with the stutter system this has not changed, allies can still cause self stagger.

I don't see any reason why bullets should hit allies at all. Shooting toward an ally does nothing but nullify damage, the only time it makes sense that bullets hit allies is when they are not allies due to radiation procs.

58 minutes ago, PhiThagRaid said:

I don't see any reason why bullets should hit allies at all. Shooting toward an ally does nothing but nullify damage, the only time it makes sense that bullets hit allies is when they are not allies due to radiation procs.

This is one of the things I was always saying when complaints about self-damage by allies were made. It's never been just explosives, the feedback of self-damage just made it more clear and obvious that a problem happened.

Any projectile which has no productive function when hitting an ally should just go through. The game can already differentiate between 'unit punchthrough' and 'terrain punchthrough' (Ignis has infinite unit PT but must mod for terrain PT) so it shouldn't be difficult to just apply that across the board if the unit is allied, or if there's a reason not to.

That 'reason not to' can cover anything from attaching stuff to your buddies - even with triggered explosives or with Adhesive Blast you can intentionally put them on allies for a laugh, since them jumping into a swarm of enemies and your bombs going off is harmless.

Everything else, whether explosive, arrow, sniper round or other non-helpful collision can just be ignored outright.

On 2020-12-27 at 2:36 PM, PhiThagRaid said:

If bullets can't damage our allies, can we at least allow them to pass through them? This came to my attention mainly due to the current event, when shooting the Orphix the vantage points at some spawns require the players to stand in close proximity to each other, this often causes misfires and complete nullification of damage.

When people were complaining about self damage, the most common complaint I saw was that allies could block shots and in turn cause self damage, with the stutter system this has not changed, allies can still cause self stagger.

Omg I wish I could just shove every person that pulls up and stands right in front of me. 

Archived