Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea's shield grenades ignore equipped mods when landing incorrectly

the_Zinith

When casting Protea's 1 in shield mode, the grenades can ignore installed mods and Protea's passive when it's charged, possibly all buffs, when the nade 'lands incorrectly'. They then default to the 50 shield per second for 13 seconds configuration for vanilla Protea.

What I mean by 'landing incorrectly', i.e. ways to trigger the bug:

• Somehow catching the grenade with your body while it's still in midair? Happens quite often to me, though I'm not 100% sure if that's the actual trigger
  • Potentially when the same happens with an enemy unit, not sure about this at all
  • And the most reliable, probably with 100% reproduction rate, is when you cast the ability when standing in Deimos Exocrine pools/rivers
  • The real culprit may be collecting the grenade the instant it's cast, with no time to actually land/travel?

Below is a video with the exocrine interaction. I modded my Protea with high strength and low duration, correct grenades give high regeneration and disappear almost immediately. When standing in the exocrine however, the grenade is deployed and collected instantly. This broken grenade shows that it gives 50 shields per second and stays active for 13 seconds, though visually the satellite fizzles out correctly after 1.63 seconds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Any updates to this? It's been 4 months and nothing happened.

It triggers regardless of mission and is heavily inconsistent outside of exocrine. This bug also fully extends to the shrapnel grenades - when improperly deployed they hover in midair at their spawning point, ignoring mods.

Some examples in this post here, and in videos in the spoiler below - built for comically small radius to showcase bugged grenades ignoring range mods:

Spoiler

Archived