Jump to content
Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

How to Avoid Burn-Out


Recommended Posts

So I've just finished The War Within (TWW) quest and it was amazeballs. However, it had a few technical glitches here and there: (1) Bloom effect causing black screen to appear when unlocking Transference skill due to Bloom effect; (2) Poorly explained final boss fight instructions when timing/stealing septre via dash as the shield animations are hard to spot out.
*Note: On Switch

I've also been reading and watching videos about Warframe in the past two years about its downward spiral.

To me, I think that the developers of DE are burnt out or close to burning out. There are two suggestions to this problem. (1) Replace the current team with a new group of developers - as Bungie did with Halo 4 (which turned out amazeballs). orrr.. (2) Take a long needed hiatus to get those creative juices flowing again after returning.

What it really needs is some new/fresh ideas brought to the table (e.g. parkour race game mode, K-drive racing events, raids, appropriate reward and enemy scaling, shorter duration/wave missions, permanent increase of drop rates, reduction of available weapons (as it's quite saturated - with a lot of clones), re-vamp of old mission styles, re-introduce a fair conclove system - e.g. preset warframes with mods and weapons, better and unique maps and secrets = replayability as in Resident Evil 5, etc.).

TWW was done beautifully, although some parts interrupted the flow. I would like to see more of this. It would make sense to have the mission types (i.e. spy, exterminate, defense, etc.) all with a first unique mission included with an in-game tutorial. Having a linear story from the start to the end of TWW would make sense. Then having the open worlds as end game content would also make sense (i.e. putting altogether what you learnt into a different environment, although lacking parkourable structures/places).

Seriously, I don't hate the game. I see a lot of potential (but it's going to waste in my opinion). I'd hate to see this game die off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (NSW)Filo4Lif3 said:

I've also been reading and watching videos about Warframe in the past two years about its downward spiral.

And that's your biggest mistake right there.

120% of WF videos on YT are nothing more than pathetic clickbait youtubers who know jack about the game they're playing and are only in it for the money.

You could link literally any video about warframe going to die, I guarantee you right now it's a clickbait youtube-cash grab.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (NSW)Filo4Lif3 said:

. (1) Replace the current team with a new group of developers - as Bungie did with Halo 4 (which turned out amazeballs). orrr.. (2) Take a long needed hiatus to get those creative juices flowing again after returning.

What it really needs is some new/fresh ideas brought to the table (e.g. parkour race game mode, K-drive racing events, raids, appropriate reward and enemy scaling, shorter duration/wave missions, permanent increase of drop rates, reduction of available weapons (as it's quite saturated - with a lot of clones), re-vamp of old mission styles, re-introduce a fair conclove system - e.g. preset warframes with mods and weapons, better and unique maps and secrets = replayability as in Resident Evil 5, etc.).

tenor.gif

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, (NSW)Filo4Lif3 said:

There are two suggestions to this problem. (1) Replace the current team with a new group of developers - as Bungie did with Halo 4 (which turned out amazeballs).

There's so much wrong with this statement alone that I have to wonder if OP is a troll.

For one, Bungie didn't replace anything. They left the franchise and Microsoft put together a new team to continue it. For another, 343i's contributions to the franchise have been... contentious at best for a good chunk of the fandom (bear in mind that Halo 4 is my favourite game in the series), so saying they turned out "amazeballs" indicates that you really aren't paying attention.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2020-12-28 at 1:49 PM, (NSW)Filo4Lif3 said:

 

I've also been reading and watching videos about Warframe in the past two years about its downward spiral.

 

yup, that's your problem right there.

the whole "warframe doom and gloom" thing is basically made youtubers who doesn't play warframe, and watched by people who doesn't play warframe. at least anymore.
it's part where the money is, and part justification.

drama and negativity gets more clicks. it's sad. i can make wall of text about media history and popular examples, but it's just how our world works. that's the money part.
as for the justification part, when you stop playing a game, you'll feel glad when that game becomes worse. it's like you've made the right decision to quit. just like how the consolewar works: people can only afford one console, so they feel glad when seeing competitor console's doing bad. it feels like they've made the right purchase.

 

to be fair, your idea isn't bad. but think about this: painters paint their whole life. musicians make songs everyday. heck, pewdiepie post a video every single day for 10 years straight. do they experience burnouts? it's inevitable. but did it stopped them? no.
DE has made this awesome game. and they have the ability to keep releasing quality contents for the rest of warframe's life. they still go on vacations. they still hiring new people. of course not every contents will as good as the others, but just stay off youtube drama and you'll be able to enjoy warframe better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Am 28.12.2020 um 12:27 schrieb vanaukas:

tenor.gif

Oh my, at first I was like OwO an informative post? And when I read the "replace the dev team" part .. 

It's one of those moments .. you know.. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...