Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favorite mods that don’t directly contribute to health or damage?

(NSW)Greybones

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to express appreciation for mods like Motus Signal and Aero Periphery, and also learn from fellow players if they had favorite mods that don’t directly contribute to damage or survival.

I much prefer the threat of death looming over me for even lower-level missions (Stealth becomes valid indeed when I’m rocking 75 health and shield in the Kuva Fortress 😛), and while I take off my survival and damage mods alongside equipping Dragon Keys as needed to level the playing field, I’m hoping to discover replacement mods from others that I can equip and still feel afraid

i would have loved to use more of these niche kind of mods but there is just so many necessary mods you need to equip that there isn't much room left for fun, if basic damage and defensive abilities were part of our warframes and not needed to be moded in i would use more and more of these kind of diverse builds.

3 minutes ago, _junguler said:

i would have loved to use more of these niche kind of mods but there is just so many necessary mods you need to equip that there isn't much room left for fun, if basic damage and defensive abilities were part of our warframes and not needed to be moded in i would use more and more of these kind of diverse builds.

Remember,  we usually do far more damage than we need to.  You can likely drop a damage mod quite easily and will barely notice a difference, especially in normal star chart.   Even on SP, we have massive overkill.

Dont be sucked into the youtube "MOOOOOORE DAMAGE - MILLION + RED CRITS". It's just silly.  Build your way to suit your playstyle.

Some good suggestions, my mind completely blanked that I actually have some of these and it’s nice to be reminded so I can slot them.

14 minutes ago, _junguler said:

I feel you. I gotta focus survival and damage at the high levels too, and it doesn’t leave much room for anything else. To be fair I’m kind of fine with that; feels a little “Time to get serious” like.

When cracking relics or invasions or whatever in lower-level places, I can catch a breath and equip a wider variety of mods since I’m still looking for some risk 👍 

7 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Not a mod but Arcane consequence has become staple on many of my builds.

Once you get used to it , anything else (outside of abilities intended for mobility) feels like you are lacking in movement.

Hadn’t thought of arcanes, but now I want this one. Thanks for bringing it up

Aero Vantage, Aviator and Pax Soar on Wisp means you can hover, move and teleport around without being seen for long periods of time which is really fun!

Aero Vantage and Aviator together on Titania let you switch out of Razorwing into an aim glide hover or you can move as you switch and float off in one direction. You can eat energy pizzas or fire launchers in mid air and then switch back into Razorwing, also amazingly fun! I play Titania in Arbitrations by using this together with Zenith.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to express appreciation for mods like Motus Signal and Aero Periphery, and also learn from fellow players if they had favorite mods that don’t directly contribute to damage or survival.

I much prefer the threat of death looming over me for even lower-level missions (Stealth becomes valid indeed when I’m rocking 75 health and shield in the Kuva Fortress 😛), and while I take off my survival and damage mods alongside equipping Dragon Keys as needed to level the playing field, I’m hoping to discover replacement mods from others that I can equip and still feel afraid

Probably Vacuum/Fetch or Ammo Mutation.

2 minutes ago, Hello said:

Doesn't have many uses, but I like Preparation. Sometimes starting a mission with full energy is nice.  

Looks like it also gives energy when reviving, which is cool too. I’d definitely needed energy that I didn’t have for Nyx’s Chaos after I’d been killed in one or two missions

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Hyperion Rexx said:

Remember,  we usually do far more damage than we need to.  You can likely drop a damage mod quite easily and will barely notice a difference, especially in normal star chart.   Even on SP, we have massive overkill.

Dont be sucked into the youtube "MOOOOOORE DAMAGE - MILLION + RED CRITS". It's just silly.  Build your way to suit your playstyle.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Some good suggestions, my mind completely blanked that I actually have some of these and it’s nice to be reminded so I can slot them.

I feel you. I gotta focus survival and damage at the high levels too, and it doesn’t leave much room for anything else. To be fair I’m kind of fine with that; feels a little “Time to get serious” like.

When cracking relics or invasions or whatever in lower-level places, I can catch a breath and equip a wider variety of mods since I’m still looking for some risk 👍 

some good points made here but i'm a very casual player and i don't want to keep changing my mod setup and want to set and forget it. 

Aeeodynamic + Aero Vantage

I slap them on every single Warframe.

I sometimes need to use frames I barely use (Xaku and Limbo mainly) and therefore don't have this combo, and I feel so gimped without them.

I love them cause it feels so different to just float around... And it also opens up melee approaches that are otherwise not very viable (jump combo ftw).

Usually anything that opens up new melee approaches (gameplay wise, I don't care too much about damage) are my favourite... Infact, I can't wait for the Mitosid set that got delayed. 

Nightwatch Napalm.

sure it *does* technically mean more DPS, but going in I originally expected it to just change the Ogris' behaviour, then it turned out to be quite good. then Heat got reworked and it became a top-tier area denial/armor strip combo.

also Mag's Counter Pulse. nothing quite like taking away enemy shields, refilling my own shields, stripping armor, jamming enemy guns AND shutting down their robots, all with one button press. but please haters, keep calling Mag trash, I want to see how much more she can get buffed!

Archived