Looking for suggestions, on non-toxic creators.

Good afternoon.

Now that the well-know warframe creators/steamers are becoming toxic towards both DE and those viewers who disagree with them, I'm looking for new and small channels to sub to.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

PS - Please don't ask me who the toxic ones are. They're well known and their brain-dead fans will go after anyone. 

• Like 3

Quiet Shy? She's pretty funny and informative imo.

Maybe DkDiamantes tho he's not very entertaining. But still he usually doesn't talk about drama.

There's OriginalWickedFun? or something like that. 

These are the ones I can mention from the top of my head.

Edited by JackHargreav
Oh #*!%. Distant Observer is a really good one. Oh and Triburos is also pretty good.
  • Like 3

I dunno why creators disagreeing with DE is considered toxic. If this is true, I'm actually glad there are streamers who are becoming more critical of DE's design choices.

Please tell me there's at least someone who's as critical about nuke frames as I am.

• Like 29
2 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

I dunno why creators disagreeing with DE is considered toxic. If this is true, I'm actually glad there are streamers who are becoming more critical of DE's design choices.

Please tell me there's at least someone who's as critical about nuke frames as I am.

Being critical in itself is not a problem. The problem starts when a youtuber does nothing but bash everything that the devs do. 

Just like some of the people on the forums. And some youtubers will straight up delete your comment if you disagree with them.

By far the only youtuber that isn't a total asshat and has well thought out points usually is that Rathatelious (?) guy.

• Like 17
34 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Being critical in itself is not a problem. The problem starts when a youtuber does nothing but bash everything that the devs do. 

Just like some of the people on the forums. And some youtubers will straight up delete your comment if you disagree with them.

By far the only youtuber that isn't a total asshat and has well thought out points usually is that Rathatelious (?) guy.

Unfortunately, that's the only one I know of that still frequently critiques DE. I remember Mogamu also doing something, but I don't know if he still regularly makes vids anymore.

26 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

I can't think of a single you tuber that makes regular wf content that does nothing but bash the devs.  Seriously,  name one.   There are plenty who will criticise and give their reasons for doing so, but they also give praise where they think its due aswell.   And please don't give rio as an example, he just makes click bait videos now.

What you have to remember is, these guys are just normal folks, nothing special at all except they make a few videos.  Its all just opinion at the end of the day, and you can agree or disagree.

I also like the train man, but he's by far one of the most critical content creators out there.  His points are always well constructed and thought through though, plus he gives good solutions to many of the problems he raises.   The white knights hate him though. 

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Unfortunately, that's the only one I know of that still frequently critiques DE. I remember Mogamu also doing something, but I don't know if he still regularly makes vids anymore.

Last warframe video he made was lifeofrio levels of cringe.

• Like 5

MCgamerZ and LeyzarGamingViews are the ones I can view without cringing hard, because they focus mostly on builds they enjoy (that I don't even follow), most of the time I use them to check stuff I don't have to see how it behaves so I can know what to "expect".

In fact, MCgamerZ videos were good enough to motivate me to create videos and while I've made* one so far it was quite a challenge and I'm working on my second video.

Edited by vanaukas
grammar
  • Like 13
20 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

His latest video was cringier than a whole cringe factory that makes cringe. 

I used to love Mogamu too; he was the first youtuber I ever followed way, way back in the day. 

He just kept repeating the footage from some latest trailer for the Deimos Arcana update over and over and stating ad nauseum that because they used the test cluster and then basically just released the update anyways, that they just don't get it, will never get it, and that people who are upset about it should "just play other games". He kept repeating himself. 

It was upsetting to watch a youtuber I enjoyed go that cynical. Why make videos about WF if you just want it to burn? There's being critical of the devs and there is saying "I give up screw this game" which was pretty much the gist of the vid. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

It was upsetting to watch a youtuber I enjoyed go that cynical. Why make videos about WF if you just want it to burn? There's being critical of the devs and there is saying "I give up screw this game" which was pretty much the gist of the vid. 

It sounds to me like he's been having issues with the game that's been piling up for a long time which he's been tolerating up until recently. It doesn't sound like something that springs up out of the blue.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

It sounds to me like he's been having issues with the game that's been piling up for a long time which he's been tolerating up until recently. It doesn't sound like something that springs up out of the blue.

Oh don't get me wrong, I understand how he likely reached where he did. 

It's just upsetting to watch him become so cynical, because I found his particular type of wisecracking to be quite entertaining and I used to enjoy his WF videos a lot. 

Now he has burnt out and basically given up when it comes to WF update cycles; it's kind of sad. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
19 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

MCgamerZ and LeyzarGamingViews are the ones I can view without cringing hard, because they focus mostly on builds they enjoy (that I don't even follow), most of the time I use them to check stuff I don't have to see how it behaves so I can know what to "expect".

In fact, MCgamerZ videos were good enough to motivate me to create videos and while I've doing one so far it was quite a challenge and I'm working on my second video.

These are the only two WF creators I care about. The rest are too clickbaity or drama queens.

I like them because they are mostly objective, and when they are being subjective they make it clear. In my opinion WF isn’t a particularly fun game to watch someone else play. No suspense, everything’s too easy. So all i want out of content is hard info.

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, (PSN)sister-hawk said:

These are the only two WF creators I care about. The rest are too clickbaity or drama queens.

I like them because they are mostly objective, and when they are being subjective they make it clear. In my opinion WF isn’t a particularly fun game to watch someone else play. No suspense, everything’s too easy. So all i want out of content is hard info.

For me thereis no game fun to watch, the joy of this medium (for me) it's on interacting direclty with it. If I want to just see something; I just watch a movie or a series.

1 hour ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

Good afternoon.

Now that the well-know warframe creators/steamers are becoming toxic towards both DE and those viewers who disagree with them, I'm looking for new and small channels to sub to.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

PS - Please don't ask me who the toxic ones are. They're well known and their brain-dead fans will go after anyone. 

Grind Hard Squad, Layzar, Nightmareframe, Original Wicked Fun and now Pupsker are really good at focusing on the game and not the "negative = views" stupidity. Tactical Potato is great when he's playing with buds but he has a really REALLY bad habit of spoiling the game ASAP. Either he forgets that people are easy to turn into mindless cults or he very much knows this. Either way, he spoils the game too much.

The worst are Rio, Aweblade, Mogamu. There's nothing worst than crying disguised as "satire", calling for segregation (salty vets versus white knights) and stupidly stating old, less useful systems were better (old alerts were NOT better across the board. Old gameplay was NOT better. The old tier system was NOT better.). I especially dislike anyone who openly request people be fired because you don't understand simple storyboard directions or simply because you don't get your way.

Borderline is iflynn and Brozime. Both have overplayed the game...like most youtubers, and have agendas that don't represent the game. Big damage numbers isn't all the game is. 

Ok, I'm about done. Sorry, I just hate how some youtubers are fake, shady leeches that bite the hand that feeds them while also claiming they don't need the food. 

• Like 14
1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

Can you give a Youtuber that bash this game? Cuz sometimes critisism is often being misunderstood as an insult 🤔

43 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

MCgamerZ and LeyzarGamingViews

+1, the content there is also pretty solid. A lot of so-called guides involve ridiculous amount of bs, wrong builds, silly advices, essentially poor content quality. Sometimes people will openly admit that they don't know what they are talking about. IMHO, if a creator cannot be bothered to read a wiki and check the things in-game, there is no point in watching despite possibly being entertaining. Grind Hard Squad, Knightmare frame, and Nash Prime are kind of OK for the most part IMO. Brozime and iFlynn have been unsubscribed and never watched for the past year just because there is a lot of wrong and inaccurate information, poor builds, strange tips, simply not worth it due to low content quality. Quite Shallow and Triburos are hilarious, highly recommended for a good laugh.

IMHO, Tactical Potato still reigns supreme, there is nothing even remotely close.

This is all very subjective though.

• Like 5

i haven't looked at the children for a very long time. only if there is useful information such as reviews about new weapons and their options.
and why do i need someone else's opinion? i have my own. I am not in the least interested in what someone else thinks. most of them only have soup in their heads. and when i look at reviews of well-known products and companies, i mostly see lies. namely liar with salary. i can name MANY examples. that's a huge comedy. I come on their channel and everything sounds like farts in the toilet. reality meanwhile.

warframe isn't perfect. and not bad or good either. the project has many sides and everyone rates it differently. everything is based on comparisons. besides, opinion changes all the time. content is not static. there are major updates several times a year. really...

I do it differently. i filter garbage and only take useful information with me that i can use. useful information is very rarely available.

43 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

For me thereis no game fun to watch, the joy of this medium (for me) it's on interacting direclty with it

I'd say some youtubers (in general, not referring to Warframe specifically) can have a transformative effect on the games they play, such that watching them will give you an entirely different experience to playing the games yourself.

OverEnglishMan springs to mind as an example. The guy has an absolutely incredible vocal range which he often uses to give characters in games like Undertale or Shovel Knight voices, or pepper in additional in-character voice lines in games like X-Com 2.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I'd say some youtubers (in general, not referring to Warframe specifically) can have a transformative effect on the games they play, such that watching them will give you an entirely different experience to playing the games yourself.

OverEnglishMan springs to mind as an example. The guy has an absolutely incredible vocal range which he often uses to give characters in games like Undertale or Shovel Knight voices, or pepper in additional in-character voice lines in games like X-Com 2.

I can understand that view, but I prefer to do that myself