Looking for suggestions, on non-toxic creators.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Hyperion Rexx said:

I can't think of a single you tuber that makes regular wf content that does nothing but bash the devs.  Seriously,  name one.   There are plenty who will criticise and give their reasons for doing so, but they also give praise where they think its due aswell.   And please don't give rio as an example, he just makes click bait videos now.

What you have to remember is, these guys are just normal folks, nothing special at all except they make a few videos.  Its all just opinion at the end of the day, and you can agree or disagree.

I also like the train man, but he's by far one of the most critical content creators out there.  His points are always well constructed and thought through though, plus he gives good solutions to many of the problems he raises.   The white knights hate him though. 

There's Rob from AGayGuyPlays...

• Like 2

The ones that come to mind:

QuiteShy: If you are into funny short sarcasm, shes pretty much all you gonna need.

DKDiamantes: He normally does not talk about drama, and focuses mostly on lore speculations.

TacticalPotato: The king of Neutral. Hardly you will ever see him being toxic or having a bone to pick against anyone.

MCGamerCZ: You average and normal warframe player, turned into content creator. He never talks about drama, sometimes points out issues with the game, but thats just it, he never waste time on the video talking about drama or being toxic, and focuses only on his review. Plus he sometimes do quick and short dumb fun videos.

GrindHardSquad: Personally, i find his videos very informative and drama free. Cant say the same about his discord, so if you want good informative videos about builds, hes your man.

Edited by Yakhul
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

I dunno why creators disagreeing with DE is considered toxic. If this is true, I'm actually glad there are streamers who are becoming more critical of DE's design choices.

Please tell me there's at least someone who's as critical about nuke frames as I am.

A good example of what you are saying, is GazTTV. If you are up to date with this whole drama thing, you should know he is critical of DE, but in a very toxic way, often rambling about what should had been done, and what shouldn't, never providing anything that doesn't sound like a child rant when they do not get what they want, and even going as far as calling all of his viewers to take action against DE, yes, he actually did rallied his viewers and told them directly in a video to boycott DE.

That is not how you are critical or even give feedback, that is just being hateful.

Edited by Yakhul
  • Like 9

Honestly, there is a languishing drought of  newish creators who grasp the games innards these days and a plethora of fake oldies obviously just trying to stretch hours while in pain of trying to put up a show that they still enjoy playing the game. 

Tactical Potato used to carry WF a lot with his hilarious group including Frozenballz. Their no holds barred banter used to crack me up while playing the game seeing them enjoy it too through a pop out window. You rarely see that now. and there is nothing close to it that exist among twitch streamers at the moment. 

I used to check Tactical Potato, IFlynn (fairly absent now) and Faceless Beanie for additional info or updates if I missed Devstreams on YT. I still do sometimes so maybe try them too? Quite Shallow and MrWarframe Guy occasionally cracks me up even when they throw some shade on WF direction. But WF is not entirely a big name among the current rosters of mainstream games hogging the lime light so it is not a surprise that they are simply just too few of them scraping what they can get, especially non toxic topics.

• Like 1

I don't watch anyone unless I need a location of something.  Then I randomly click whatever comes up in the search engine and usually mute the video.  Walkthroughs are cool but I'm definitely not watching an opinion video from anyone.  I'm not from that generation though so to each their own.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Criticizing DE is not toxic. Please stop using blanket terms to paint anyone who gives critiques toxic in order to delegitimize their complaints. This approach is very annoying. 

It depends on what you mean by criticize. 

I think there are definitely some people who need to stop being so easily offended on behalf of the devs. 

But there are some, like LifeOfRio, who clearly aren't out to give constructive criticism in good faith.  

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I think there are definitely some people who need to stop being so easily offended on behalf of the devs. 

But there are some, like LifeOfRio, who clearly aren't out to give constructive criticism in good faith.  

It's a trend I've noticed, even outside of Warframe discussions, where person A provides valid criticism and is deemed toxic by others to invalidate the criticism. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

And I admit, LifeofRio is a bit too much for me too. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Brozime.

He’s been critical of DE in recent months, but he almost always follows those criticisms with suggestions and ideas to improve whatever he didn’t like.

He’s also very knowledgeable on the game.

Triburos rarely uploads but usually makes a video worth your time.

Brozime 100% anyone that's been with the game for years will know this lad to the main creator to WF. He both adores Warframe as well as won't hesitate to pull up issues but always gives feedback. His knowledge is always backed up by testing. His builds are beyond useful and infact his pillage mesa build made my mr30 test a joke (loved it).

There is a small youtuber called swagbraham gaming that only started wf vids like 2 months ago. I enjoy his stuff. Then there is tactical potato, leyzar as mentioned by others. Not sure if mentioned but MrWarframe guy and zita wup are good for a laugh and entertainment. 

Edit: Anyone else remember the Crash Course in... videos. Ok so they are 7 years old but it's a blast from the past and were super popular. 

Edited by (PSN)lydon123
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

Good afternoon.

Now that the well-know warframe creators/steamers are becoming toxic towards both DE and those viewers who disagree with them, I'm looking for new and small channels to sub to.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

PS - Please don't ask me who the toxic ones are. They're well known and their brain-dead fans will go after anyone. 

If you're looking for someone who won't criticize DE at all in any way, or does it very very lightly, then look up LeyzarGamingViews. 

4 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

It's a trend I've noticed, even outside of Warframe discussions, where person A provides valid criticism and is deemed toxic by others to invalidate the criticism. 

I think people like to make things easy and make everything black and white. 

They want to put people in a box of "good youtuber" or "bad youtuber". But these aren't comic book villains, they are just people reviewing a game. There are varying levels. 

There are a handful of WF youtubers who truly are just using negativity on purpose to get views and really don't care about the game, but the majority of those being called toxic are just giving constructive criticism in a fairly pointed manner, more often than not. 

Then those WF youtubers considered to be positive aren't just kissing DE's butts either, as some who think the devs need to more seriously change their approach would assume, they may just be people who are less likely to find things to be critical of -- some people simply are easier to please. It doesn't mean they are there to lick butt. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Criticizing DE is not toxic. Please stop using blanket terms to paint anyone who gives critiques toxic in order to delegitimize their complaints. This approach is very annoying. 

I do agree that providing criticism isnt toxic. But the way some people do it, is beyond just giving a critic in good faith, and more like going after DE neck, borderline threats.

I do not believe anything is being blanketed here, there is legitimate criticism with very good and valid points, with good argument and even evidence to back it up, like Rahetalius. After all, he did not did all of the moderator drama just because. He had good insight of what was going on and gave valid examples and evidence to prove it. That is how you provide criticism without sounding like a toxic mofo.

And then you have ppl like LifeOfRio, who's sole purpose is to stir drama. His channel is all about drama, his thumbnails are clickbait and deceiving, and during his video, you will never ever hear feedback coming from his mouth.

There are ways to provide criticism and feedback, without doing all of that drama. Unfortunately, those like me who are neutral but even dare to say something good about DE, will be classified as "DE Whiteknights" and that is just adding to the toxicity, labeling people who disagree with your negative point of view of DE.

• Like 5
vor 2 Stunden schrieb o0Despair0o:

I mean, it's no secret that - in my opinion - every single WF youtuber is a waste of oxygen.

Except for the sh*tposters. I like those.

I agree, the most hilarious are those that claimed "they'll quit the game" and as soon as they realized that they're so uninteresting that no one clicks their garbage, "magically" they returned, some even went ahead and deleted those videos and are now continuing milking the label 'warframe'..

Absolutely hilarious 🤣

• Like 4
5 hours ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

There is no such thing as toxic.

Thanks to the social justice era we now have delete the word from the dictionary.

Personal threats, flooding the chat and those type of behaviors are over the line. Racism and inciting crime, something like slander or whatever are illegal.

That aside, saying anything you want is fair game. Of course you are just as equally free to listen to whatever you want, or not.

But be very careful when you are now arguing censorship, trying to write off the right to speak.

Changes, improvement, progress and accountability only comes from people complaining, being dissatisfied and critical.

In all aspects of life but especially with gaming corporations, who only care about your money, AND, are entirely unregulated, it's fundamental that players hold developers accountable, you teach them how to treat you.

Simply said, the less complaining, the worse the game.

The complaining is the only safety net, show them there is a line you don't cross.

Where the ultimate problem of neckbearding, hyped preorders, fandom and all that is actually destructive to the quality of the products.

Most recent example cyberpunk 2077.

• Like 1

the ones I watch(ed)

- Sabuuchi rarely uploads, it's mostly memes but it's funny. also a good channel if you like Axolotls, and if you don't know what an Axolotl is, go watch Sabuuchi.

- Porphi used to have great fashion vids but stopped uploading ages ago. dunno if he ever came back.

- Quite Shallow is good for brief guides on things, if you can remember to take a joke and don't mind a TTS voice.

- Zanagoth has good vids but moved on to other games. loved the 8-*Insert warframe here* Raids, before raids were removed. also showed some of the greatest exploit builds you could get before they were patched.

stay away from:

-LifeofRio. negativity Central.

-Mogamu; used to watch his vids when i started playing, but over time he got too cringey for my tastes, apparently now he's gone the same way as Rio.

-AGGP. if you don't know why, literally anyone else here can do the honors, I'm not getting into it lol. 

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7
  • Like 3

I don't like Brozime because he is pretty biased like the others. He flat out said anything that does not instantly kills high level enemies as "useless" or "don't bother". Just another meta slave.

But the thing I hated most regarding his channel is his community full of YES MANs. They'll agree to anything he says. Everytime you disagree with his view or criticize him they instantly mark you as a DE white knight.

If you want chill creators look at OriginalWickedFun, XandyPants, OmniVoice, Xenogelion, QuiteShallow, LeyzarGamingViews, Nash Prime, Grind Hard Squad. They are mostly chill and does not ruin your mood.

• Like 8
5 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Rathatelious

Ah yes, Rahetalius. I love the guy.

Also Better Name Pending.

The ones I absolutely hate (mix of personal opinion and factual evidence) are;

Brozime. I just dont like his attitude at all. He has some fantastic points in regards to mechanics, but his attitude, is well, to quote one of the interviews they once did on Shy's channel (note: im paraphrasing the exact quotes, you can fact check if you look up the video on YT);
"(DE)Scott: Im just a dude making videogames. And some of the criticism we get is delivered in a very harsh and hurtful manner.
Brozime: But am I wrong?"

For me, THIS is the problem (imo at least). Personally I dont care if you're right, if you're being a $&*^ about it. Like in the movie The Big Lebowski; "You're not wrong, you're just an A******"

Gaz. Complaining most of the times, and i find it quite unbecoming (that's just my pet peeve).

AGGP. We all know why.

• Like 7
56 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

Changes, improvement, progress and accountability only comes from people complaining, being dissatisfied and critical.

Highly disagree with this.

There is no doubt that change for the good happens when there is criticism and feedback. But being a negative mofo, complaining all the time like an entitled karen, and being constantly dissatisfied with the game, that is entirely different, that's just complaining and being entitled for the sake of it, like buying products from X company knowing you dislike them, and yet you keep buying their products because you want to be THAT nasty person.

Change and improvement also come from very well written and positive feedback. It doesn't really mean that because is positive, you should leave it like that. It also means that you are doing a good job, and people like it, and there is room for improvement.

• Like 9