Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Selling clan to new owner for plat legal?

Grisznaker

4 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Oh. You are correct.

I'd figure most people have forgotten about that by now, honestly. I know I did, but thanks for pointing it out.

I see too many people still trying to sell the blueprints for unreasonable sums of plat to forget. 

That said there are people who are kind enough to include it for free during a trade with a newb, but there are always a lot of newbies who don't know this and get taken to the cleaners. 

52 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

im well-versed in understanding if u can get banned for NOTHING when de will feel like it just to ban an account there is no difference what you do or wont do

Actually you can't.

DE haters want to believe that there's a guy in community division who have power to ban players, and he's bored enough to abuse that power.

These kind of sentences spreads the wrong messages that DE is an evil unprofessional company run by children. And as far as i can see, younger players in these forums believe it.

But the sad truth is, if such person exists, he's endangering his own job. Even cops need to write reports if they shoot criminals. Teachers need to take responsibility when they suspend students. In the adult world, most of your work need to be accountable. DE is a company, kids want to believe that it's a fun company where people play videogames all day. But it's not.

You need to do something wrong to be banned. And sometimes your definition of "wrong" might different with DE's. But you won't get randomly banned just because somebody want to push a button.

As for OP, i can't recommend it. Even if DE don't mind, it seems like a straight up bad business.

1 hour ago, Soy77 said:

Actually you can't.

DE haters want to believe that there's a guy in community division who have power to ban players, and he's bored enough to abuse that power.

These kind of sentences spreads the wrong messages that DE is an evil unprofessional company run by children. And as far as i can see, younger players in these forums believe it.

But the sad truth is, if such person exists, he's endangering his own job. Even cops need to write reports if they shoot criminals. Teachers need to take responsibility when they suspend students. In the adult world, most of your work need to be accountable. DE is a company, kids want to believe that it's a fun company where people play videogames all day. But it's not.

You need to do something wrong to be banned. And sometimes your definition of "wrong" might different with DE's. But you won't get randomly banned just because somebody want to push a button.

As for OP, i can't recommend it. Even if DE don't mind, it seems like a straight up bad business.

You guys are taking the wrong message from his posts. He is correct that you CAN be banned for any reason, or even no reason at all. He's not saying that you WILL be banned for no reason, or that there's someone who is just going to go ban happy on random players for no reason, just that it's a part of the TOS we all agreed to. 

That kind of clause is there for a reason, it's there to protect DE and allow them to do what they feel they need to, without having to deal with people who think they can get away with stuff just because it's not written into the rules. 

I've personally seen someone make a thread attempting to justify scamming people and not delivering on their promises after getting plat because "they won't enforce trades for promises lul". If memory serves they were using that phrase and insisting that they shouldn't have been punished for what they did. The response was a hard smack down in the vein of "we don't like people scamming players, now gtfo". 

That scenario falls under the "we can ban anyone, at any time, for any reason" clause, and by having it written in the TOS, DE has protected themselves, and the community for when they need to act. And it's probably not a malicious act as far as any sensible person is concerned. 

1 hour ago, Soy77 said:

Actually you can't.

someone CAN ban you for anything they want
someone IS banning left and right for anything they want

i know its very hard but try to find the difference

further example below

IM using 3rd party program to add macros to warframe i got hacking key (use cipher) under capslock while capslock functionality is disabled
MY 5th mouse button while being pressed act both as secondary fire and throw button

its not against ToS im not violating any rules but i CAN get banned for that if someone feels like it
IT DOES NOT automatically mean i will get banned

that said keep in mind u can get banned for anything since de reserves right to do so at any time
AND if someone care to worry that they gonna get banned for doing something that is not described in ToS they should start to worry that if they make their orbiter pink that would get them banned

7 hours ago, Grisznaker said:

Hi,

I was wondering if i make Clan with full research then i decide to sell it for platinum so i can find person that want to own a clan then i make him leader and as next we trade platinum and we're done?

I mean selling in-game item (clan) for in-game currency (platinum).

Legal or not?

I'm just curious if it's a good way to make plat and DE have no problem with it.

You are only trading for in game currency and not real world cash. You aren't trading an actual account, so I don't see why it would affect you and as long as you don't have clan mates who have also invested their resources in it as well to help with the research and you are the only one who did all the work yourself (unless you're gonna share the sale plat with those who helped if any). I don't see why it would not be okay. It's just an unenforced trade. But I don't read the TOS, so there could be some voodoo mamma juju wording somewhere in there stipulating any sales outside of in game tradeable items being okay or not. 

8 hours ago, Grisznaker said:

Hi,

I was wondering if i make Clan with full research then i decide to sell it for platinum so i can find person that want to own a clan then i make him leader and as next we trade platinum and we're done?

I mean selling in-game item (clan) for in-game currency (platinum).

Legal or not?

I'm just curious if it's a good way to make plat and DE have no problem with it.

It isn't illegal, you won't be arrested for it.

From what i could gather as i have had this conversation with mods and support before, is that if you advsertise, trade or sell, there won't be any consequences, because both the plat and the clan are warframe related components, however, you automatically lose any benefits from support tools if the trade doesn't go the way someone wants, you lose the right to complain, you lose the right to ask for punishement and support will not reverse any trades related to it. (the plat traded will not return to the owner)

So yes you can do it, but it's at your own risk.

What you CAN'T do, is selling it for non warframe related content, like actual real world money, such thing may potentially get you banned or at the very least get you observed HEAVILY and at the 1st sign of RMT (regardless if it was RMT or not), they ban you under that pretext and you're done.

I'm going to give you an example of what you can't do. To give proper context this user already updated this post, he knew he messed up so the post (if you are able to find it) should have an edit with the proper modifications so it seems like an ok trade, so this is a pre edit screencap of what you should never do, i also removed the discord contact as that would trow a rather large anime/hentai community into chaos given that this is the leader of said community, support is aware of this so there's no point in me sending this again, it's just to give players an idea of what kinds of trades aren't allowed.

Spoiler

ESQPn9e.jpg

Thank you all for your point of view on this topic. I'm just regular old player with mr30 and i like trying new things to not die from boredom on end-game content in Warframe. I was curious if i can find new interesting way to earn platinum (because what else to do on end-game?). Doesn't matter for me if it's worth to earn about 5k platinum in 3 months or maybe longer but the most important thing for me is not to fall into the tiresome routine by trading the same way over and over again (prime sets, arcanes, riven mods, prime mods etc.).

Someone mention about my English skill but i think it wasn't necessary and was off topic. This is a very petty approach and shows some kind of mania for being superior and better.

OF COURSE by "full research" i meant to complete every research that is possible to do for new clan except Ignis Wraith and those ones from Orokin Lab. Try be logical. There is no need to take extra context from such a short sentence. If you play for a long time, you would know what's going on.

10 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

I reckon the rules would be the same as for selling accounts - illegal.

I mean, you could just promote the guy to the highest rank and then leave. Nothing wrong with that. But "selling" the clan? I wouldn't be so sure.

Heck, who would even buy a clan?

:I...

*having flashback about tyrant clan*

we probably we don't want talk about it but it is possible to buy a dojo with plat depending on the number of that plat amount it is with in.

1 hour ago, Grisznaker said:

Thank you all for your point of view on this topic. I'm just regular old player with mr30 and i like trying new things to not die from boredom on end-game content in Warframe. I was curious if i can find new interesting way to earn platinum (because what else to do on end-game?). Doesn't matter for me if it's worth to earn about 5k platinum in 3 months or maybe longer but the most important thing for me is not to fall into the tiresome routine by trading the same way over and over again (prime sets, arcanes, riven mods, prime mods etc.).

Someone mention about my English skill but i think it wasn't necessary and was off topic. This is a very petty approach and shows some kind of mania for being superior and better.

OF COURSE by "full research" i meant to complete every research that is possible to do for new clan except Ignis Wraith and those ones from Orokin Lab. Try be logical. There is no need to take extra context from such a short sentence. If you play for a long time, you would know what's going on.

Nobody criticised your English. The only comment that mentions that you may not be a native speaker was directed to me because they thought I was critiquing the construction of your post. I wasn't. 

And I'm the one who mentioned ignis wraith, as part of the research that can't be completed, and if you look carefully at my responses you'd see that the reason for pointing it out is that people have repeatedly remarked about it in threads where they are saying that clans shouldn't advertise as full research if they lack the ignis wraith. I was and remain surprised that nobody else has mentioned it on the thread. 

21 hours ago, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

Never alone later on you want to just sink resources into it for fashion dojo once your a bored mr30.

Wow I thought I was the only one doing this. I gotta say using their shonky, extremely dated decoration placement system is more challenging than any new content they've churned out in the past 2 years.

I am locking this thread, as there appears to be a bunch of contradictory claims going around.

At the end of the day, the premise is simple - don't trade for promises. If it cannot be put in a trade window at a Dojo, then you should not be trading it. If something were to go wrong with your trade, such as being scammed, a disagreement down the line, or something was done in bad faith, you lose the ability to go to support to have it fixed. If someone is offering you a large amount, you also run the risk of having that platinum reversed and a deficit being placed on your account, leading to other issues that you are going to have a hard time fighting.

Best way to avoid all that headache? Just don't do it.

Archived