Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wraith Warframe: Ability Suggestions

(PSN)Vexx757

#arm by Aaronj-c

As we all know we are getting this warframe after Lavos, a ghost warframe is something I`m looking forward to.

A ghost and a wraith are pretty much the same thing, to me their`s not really any difference. (correct me if I’m wrong)

Ghost – An apparition of a dead person which is believed to appear or become manifest to the living, typically as a nebulous image.

Wraith – A ghost or ghostlike image of someone, especially one seen shortly before or after their death.

Instead of waiting for DE to show us his abilities why no try a steer them to some ability ideas. Here are some ability suggestions, some are from the top of my head and some are what I have suggested for other warframe to get.

He moves freely by having no movement restrictions, this means things like;

·       Shooting while sprinting.

·       Moving at the same speed while aiming.

·       Heavy attacks.

·       No heavy landings.

·       Achguns not decreasing glide time.

·       Can also jump to get out of melee combo animations and many more.

This could be a passive for him.

·       It can take over an enemy’s body and control them. This will provide a buff based on the enemy you take over (heavy units = high health & armour, infested charger = ludicrous movement speed) and can be used in stealth situations.

·       This ability makes you able to faze through solid objects, this includes environmental obstacles, enemies, windows (walls?) and gives you increased movement speed.

·       Turns into a gigantic version of itself slivering through the battlefield using claws, telekinesis and dash attacks.

·       He sinks through flat surfaces and pounces on unexpected enemies.

·       It sheds its skin removing status off of him which draws enemies to it while he is invisible for a short duration.

·       Sends out a telekinetic wave that levitates enemies in the air. Deactivating the ability will turn them in to a projectile shooting them across the room (same as my idea for Nyx`s 1st ability)

·       A sensory ability that lets you see enemies and allies through walls which also giving you punch-through on weapons (some was from my mech warframe idea).

·       Activating this ability makes you absorb all types of damage, when deactivated it will make you dash into enemies transferring the absorbed damage to them.

·       Opens up a portal that moves you from one place to another. Enemies will have their defences reduced while allies receive increased health shields and armour for a short duration.

·       When active it absorbs dead bodies, which reduces shields but increases health and armour (visually giving him ghostly armour). When health is hit, the armour starts to break away bit by bit until there is nothing of him left making translucent for a short duration (some of this was my suggestion for Xaku to have).

·       He separates himself from his body which this physical body fights alongside you. You can switch between physical and non-physical forms, the physical form gives you increase damage to weapons and power strength to abilities while the spirit form gives you damage reduction and increased range on your abilities.

·       Spectres are released from his body, seeking out enemies and crippling them (this idea is from my genie warframe idea but it also fits here), this is a cc ability.

·       Sends out a howl that increases his and allies movement speed and receives damage reduction.

·       This is similar to Revenant`s 1st ability except it activates on a dead body and deactivating it causes then to explode dealing viral damage to nearby enemies.

·       You cast an aura around an enemy. killing it will be spread vulnerability to enemies nearby (this is an idea from my (un) lucky/karma warframe concept I submitted to the community made warframe competition).

·       He can spawn four extra arms that also use multiples of the weapon you have equipped. It will also increase the weapons stats by 40%.

These are just some possible abilities ideas that this warframe could possibly have, do you have any other ideas of your own?

16 minutes ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Instead of waiting for DE to show us his abilities why no try a steer them to some ability ideas.

You don't have to wait.

Just for your information, Liger (who now works at DE) came up with every single ability for Wraithe in 2017. Here's his full concept: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/DJk4n

19 minutes ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

do you have any other ideas of your own?

My idea is that I am eager to see what Liger's concept looks like in practice, instead of pretending that I know any better than him.

22 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

-snip-

Idk what your getting at, it sounds like a jab at me like I know better if that`s the case then I never implied that I know better, these are just random ideas that he could have and there`s no guarantee that his ability (or mine) ideas will be used since DE hasn't said anything about it. Example Xaku was three different frames but DE decided to combine all three to make the broken frame.

As for his abilities:

• His "passive" is not a passive since if it was removed the abilities won`t function like Chroma before the revisit,
  • I like his 1st ability since it`s similar to my idea which means like the saying goes "great minds think alike", if you read my post you would have known that.
  • I don`t like his 2nd coz it`s a stationary ability and it doesn't say how he teleports to it.
  • Not too keen his his 3rd since it sound like a mix of Loki`s 1st ability augment and Protea`s 4th and it`s not good for mobile missions.
  • And I like the "above 50% part of his 4th ability since again I suggested something similar again if you read it you would have known that.

Idk why ppl turn into fanboys because ppl are apart of DE, before he was hired he was just like everyone else which is how I see him, As for his work I like the Nidus Skin but I don`t like the Khora skin and I think the Excal skin is ugly.

I`m just starting a discussion and if DE sees this, it could give them some ideas, so if anyone wants to have the discussion i`m have it.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Example Xaku was three different frames but DE decided to combine all three to make the broken frame.

O_o

I'm sorry. Are you implying that you cannot distinguish the process of DE creating a Warframe from the in-game lore that is attached to it at the end?

Actually, you know what, I can't even.  I see that having any sort of discussion based on rationality and thinking would be impossible. I am defeated.

Carry on trying to convince Steve and Scott that they should throw away the concept of one of their employees in favour of your ideas. I shan't point out the pointlessness of it any further.

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

Seriously? Amazing! I thought he was doing freelancer designs for them, he is a cool artist.

I'm having some difficulty sourcing this, but the wiki says "Wraithe is a fan-made Warframe concept created by community artist and now Digital Extremes staff Liger Inuzuka. "

And it is amazing. I have been a fan of his for years :)

(Fun fact: last year, before COVID hit, he even made an extremely short appearence on a Devstream, if I recall correctly.)

I read the ability descriptions. And I'm waiting for DE to finish this frame.

I'm completely fine with the abilities currently. And once the frame is shown off/implemented I will see how good or bad he is. 

That's it. There's no point in already criticizing a frame that we didn't even see in action yet.

Honestly the only ability from Wraithe’s concept set, is probably Tombstone since it just seems like a non-Duration based version of Protea’s Temporal Anchor with a mix of Nekros’ Terrify (which does sound kinda useful). I could maybe see it staying if it utilizes the Soul passive instead of it solely being duration. Everything else seems satisfactory for a functional kit.

It has to be mentioned that Liger confirmed (in September or so) that the abilities had been tweaked to be more in line with current design standards.

I also honestly expect Tombstone to be completely reworked. As it is, Protes has the same skill.

But I 'm eager to see what the devs came up with!

I would give it an exalted pet. When you kill with the frame it makes one. Then make the warframes powers use those pets as resources.

Dont care if it’s this frame Nekros Inaros some frame is going to have this passive. DE mock my words your going to do it... 

On 2020-12-31 at 3:26 PM, Scruffel said:

Honestly the only ability from Wraithe’s concept set, is probably Tombstone since it just seems like a non-Duration based version of Protea’s Temporal Anchor with a mix of Nekros’ Terrify (which does sound kinda useful). I could maybe see it staying if it utilizes the Soul passive instead of it solely being duration. Everything else seems satisfactory for a functional kit.

Right. That`s why I'm not 100% sold on the ability however the "terrify " part makes it way better than protea`s 4th, it could be useful in int and def missions but I think it needs to do more than what it currently does.

Just to ask you guys, as we can see here his 4th turns him into a reaper form where he himself is an exalted weapon, this also reminds me of when Death from Darksiders 2 turns into his reaper form. What would you like for him to do in this form? to answer my own question I would like for his combos be including claw and dash attacks, maybe if he is affected by status procs he can pass them over to enemies he`s attacking.

On 2020-12-30 at 7:34 AM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Idk what your getting at, it sounds like a jab at me like I know better if that`s the case then I never implied that I know better, these are just random ideas that he could have and there`s no guarantee that his ability (or mine) ideas will be used since DE hasn't said anything about it. Example Xaku was three different frames but DE decided to combine all three to make the broken frame.

As for his abilities:

• His "passive" is not a passive since if it was removed the abilities won`t function like Chroma before the revisit,
  • I like his 1st ability since it`s similar to my idea which means like the saying goes "great minds think alike", if you read my post you would have known that.
  • I don`t like his 2nd coz it`s a stationary ability and it doesn't say how he teleports to it.
  • Not too keen his his 3rd since it sound like a mix of Loki`s 1st ability augment and Protea`s 4th and it`s not good for mobile missions.
  • And I like the "above 50% part of his 4th ability since again I suggested something similar again if you read it you would have known that.

Idk why ppl turn into fanboys because ppl are apart of DE, before he was hired he was just like everyone else which is how I see him, As for his work I like the Nidus Skin but I don`t like the Khora skin and I think the Excal skin is ugly.

I`m just starting a discussion and if DE sees this, it could give them some ideas, so if anyone wants to have the discussion i`m have it.

his passive can be function like Nidus when he use his I think it was his 2nd ability larva, if it touches the enemies and wrap around like a ball it would consider his kill if a teammate kill it for stacks still goes up.  This should implanted same thing if either he/she hit a enemy and kill been stolen it should of count as their touch kill.  Then again we got the flamethrower touch everything for pretty much it would stack nicely

3nd ability is ezy explain, I'll explain it what it really mean it is a tome stone will act like spawn point like COD when you place down a beacon device, but accept for the part when you die, it just that if your in danger or about to die you can spawn where you place that tomb stone that you place it at but the funny thing is players can troll this alot by sending noob in the room and as you can leaving the room and locking them (noobs) inside while they die in the boss room.

Spoiler

74864d0a7920067de6c47dc22d2eb670.gif

(lock them in the jackle room all you hear they are screaming at each other trying figure out how defeat the boss)

as again his 3nd ability probably going make it creepy as always like zombie flick coming out the ground obviously to scare the dropping out the players as doing the animation.  Then again, this is only good for interception, excavation or disruption mission because you know if a player is down trying to defending the spot pretty much you don't have to look at it for it just teleport you there.  It would of been great idea if the artiest thought, they could use tombstone on a player making a mini-tombstone floating by the player just like wisp's stationary letting the player know that they got the buff from wisp's stationary accept for it doesn't float around but just should of float near by head (sort of remind me of japan's tomb stone that tiny one they got but made out of wood).  Anyway, it would be great idea to mark a player from a distance or near by so that it would be great if a teammate you know who will go down you'll could be next to them right away just think as nekro's soul survivor but just teleport to them and just heal them in the spot.  For that type suggestion for the artiest should of put that on it and I pray that artiest DO NOT THINK IT SHOULD BE A SUB MOD JUST NO PLZ NO FOR I BEG OF YOU!

Going for 2nd ability you had issues with that would be wrong your saying, for I read it that it's like grendal of his 1st ability accept for he does store and try eat them in his tummy, this one when same thing devouring enemeies but it is super power buff for his 1st ability reap so think of it of Garuda for it is like a extra step in garuda ability which garuda could massive spam her 1st ability just think of black hole 2nd ability is like her/his 1st ability but differently charging dmg for reap for by reading the artist's ability it is going be like old school excal of his 1 was dashing though enemies but doing explosive massive dmg that actually hit really really hard because thanks to 2nd ability absorbing every buff it can get from the enemies.

4th abilities I am not complaining anything about this but the one thing I would do making it hint of salt of letter "E" for something on that festering around what gives and what it takes will give you the answer when this frame comes out.  The meta ppl know what I mean

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=4133163

soon you'll know it.

Just now, (XBOX)annabannanna333 said:

Digital Extremes, I love the concept abilities of this frame, Do not change it, stick to your plan, do not touch 4th ability, it is perfect as is.

:D  i missed edgelord frames, so excited to have wraithe.

do you know the meta?

42 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

I would do making it hint of salt of letter "E" for something on that festering around what gives and what it takes will give you the answer when this frame comes out.  The meta ppl know what I mean

Archived