Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Small shout-out to those watching the backs of players experiencing burn-out

(NSW)Greybones

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

And listening to the WF community cannot be easy, since the same people that want "challening" content are often also the same that rage whenever a nerf happens or when there is talk about removing the silly AoE we have access to. How the heck do you please people that want it all when one must make way for the other in reality?

And there is the universal problem with a long running and successful product. Ultimately, maintaining a euphoric "wow" factor is impossible even with the very best of games/products. Normalcy is real and just isn't handled well by some. This goes back to the original post and acknowledging those people who need to understand it's all good to not be excited after a while. I've been playing for over half a freakin decade...that is a TREMENDOUS amount of great gaming time on my part as well as great value and joy for a company to hear about their product. When I get burned out, I stop and play other games like Streets of Rage 4, God of War, etc. No harm, no foul.

23 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

And the downvote nonsense for arcana, I'm still trying to find out what's so horrible about the update since it's console launch. 

That "review bomb" was the same day when they "nerfed" the SE farm and the Khora change. Using that (the dislikes) as a factor to meassur it's ilogical, considering the fact that most reecnt videos shows the literal same "like/dislike" ratio compared to most of the WF oficial videos. If the problems with the game were "so bad" as people claim it, the dislikes would keep going, but it wasn't the case. So, I'm inclined to believe that the nerfs were the major reason behind that dislike ratio. 

It's easier to appreciate something when you have contrast. I'm fully supportive of people taking breaks, I've had quite a few breaks over the years and always come back. And I have lenient rules for activity in my clan to allow people to take breaks so they don't burn out. I want to enjoy the games I play, and I want other people to enjoy what they play too and I find the quickest way to burning out is the expectation to do something. Once that expectation is gone, it's your decision entirely and I find it much easier to avoid burn out looking at games in this way. 

Personally, I've been playing a lot of No Man's Sky lately. Very relaxing game, an yet weirdly enthralling. Seriously, I can load it up and suddenly it's three hours later, and I've just been pottering around my tiny corner of the universe chasing some thing that absolutely wasn't the one thing I was meant to be doing.

"Alright, I'm gonna build this base on this radioactive mountain. Huh, I'm running low on power. Welp, better build more solar panels. Damn, out of Chromatic metal? I could buy some, but I've been putting off finding a good location for an Indium mine, so I should do that. Hm... which star should I look at? For 'rare class' stars there sure are a lot of blue-class stars... this one looks good. Six planets? I ought to check each of them out, I made the mistake of just parking on the first planet I saw the first time. Ooh, I came down right next to a structure! You want me to go beat up some kind of Pirate storage Depot? Sure, I'll go do that..."

Highly recommended. Lovely little game. Excellent anti-burn out game for Warframe since it's about as different as can be.

Archived