Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it normal for Hildryn to become immortal through just one mode? lmao

Amazon_Prime_Access

14 minutes ago, Amazon_Prime_Access said:

It it normal that Energy Siphon makes Hildryn immortal? I can not die with that aura mod.

Energy regen was changed to give her shield regen, and her extended shieldgate period allows her to regen a point of shield to keep it up continuously. You can do the same with energizing dash, but its not quite as passive. So likely an unintended consequence of an intended change.

I decided to test this and Hildryn is somehow completely immortal with this mod on. For some reason, her health takes no damage with energy siphon equipped, even under constant fire preventing her shields from rebuilding or activating shield gating. 

It's a mystery as to why this somehow affects her health. I also tried it on Lavos, who also has no energy, and he takes damage and dies as normal. 

Just now, KCToxic said:

I decided to test this and Hildryn is somehow completely immortal with this mod on. For some reason, her health takes no damage with energy siphon equipped, even under constant fire preventing her shields from rebuilding or activating shield gating. 

It's a mystery as to why this somehow affects her health. I also tried it on Lavos, who also has no energy, and he takes damage and dies as normal. 

Because her shields are related to regualr energy and also an advanced shield gating, lavos has cooldowns and his shield has nothing to do with regular energy and also it doesn't have advaned shield gating.

________

After looking for info it seems to be a nasty bug, since energy drain will also affect you as hyldrin, her shields are working like literal energy

26 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Because her shields are related to regualr energy and also an advanced shield gating, lavos has cooldowns and his shield has nothing to do with regular energy and also it doesn't have advaned shield gating.

________

After looking for info it seems to be a nasty bug, since energy drain will also affect you as hyldrin, her shields are working like literal energy

Yeah, testing it on Lavos was just ruling it out as being related to having no proper energy bar. 

You are right about the game treating her shields like actual energy as eximus will drain her shields. 

Energy Siphon appears to be affecting her shield regen rate as @(XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said. Her shield regen works as intended without the mod equipped and she will die as normal, so perhaps they need to drop the functionality or fix it so it doesn't make her functionally immortal. They need to fix the game literally treating her shields as energy, because I can feel that opening the door to bugs in the future due to spaghetti code. 

When did they change her passive to not give her full immunity while her shields start to rebuild once they are fully depleted? Could that be related?

The real catch is that Hildryn is already basically immortal without needing to cheese.

But yeah, case #3489 showing DE can't keep track of their own game anymore. While I don't envy trying to make sure 45 different frames work properly every time a game mechanic is changed, this was a Hildryn-specific change with a very predictable consequence. It shows that they somehow didn't account for the resulting infinite shield gating loop, that they didn't really test it, and that they have since then ignored the issue for months.

No this is most certainly a bug. It seems that it's preventing her shields from fully breaking (shield gating never kicks in) but can still die to Toxic Ancients just fine.

She has always been capable of 99% immortality through modding with maxing shield regen and minimizing max shields with dragon keys. But even that can still get you killed with poorly timed status procs. This interaction though is completely unintentional. If anything the aura should just be giving her a passive shield regen.

She isn't completely invincible

Infested are a problem at high levels like steel path, your abilities can't damage some enemies that much, your weapons may struggle, melee is a pretty nice idea, but all it takes is a toxin enemy and you die so melee is quite dangerous.

High level enemies also bring eximus units that disable the effect of the aura, meaning you go from invincible to instadead if you are really on the edge, do you know what it feels like when you die and you don't know what killed you, that's what happens when certain eximus units come close

So yes, you can't die but at some point you will, just due to the sheer amount of enemies hiding either toxin units or eximus and if you're not quick to dispatch them, then you are on a playing field where you can die.

Glassmaker can also kill you with his big sword

For general gameplay it's great, when you try to solo an infested mission on steelpath or you get swarmed in very dangerous missions then that one eximus will make sure you go from full health to insta dead because the shield gate stops working, the enemies only need to deal like 300 health damage.

17 hours ago, BDMblue said:

How it’s meant to work is once your shields hit 0 you need to go back to full to have a gate again. With this the shields never seems to count as 0, but the gate triggers it’s strange. Just unlimited gates.

You get a mini gate from not fully refilled shields (on any frame), for 1/3 of a second. There isn't really a "bug", it's just that DE forgot how their game works before making the change to Hildryn.

19 hours ago, KCToxic said:

Thats hilarious. 

Can a toxin fart cloud still kill you? 

OK, I just spent 10 minutes in steel path Mot, and while her shields dropped to 0 a lot, her health never dropped. The only ability I used was 3, which would shut off every time her shields hit 0. (Like they do regularly.)

I found a bug report from last month.

3 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Please don't call bug fixes, nerfs.

Rakta Dark Dagger did the same thing. It got nerfed, and DE didn't even list it as a "bug fix". This interaction isn't any different to the dagger. It is just another example of DE forgetting the existence of something.

General Changes:

• The Rakta Dark Dagger Shield bonus when damaging an enemy afflicted by Radiation is now only granted if you have Shields.

Archived