Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Frame Concept

InvictusTyr

Just throughout an idea out there!

Beast Hunter Frame Orome 

PASSIVE: creatures such as kubrows and kavats and the like, that are damaged or killed by the Beast Hunter frame become allies. Maxed out at 5, and the longer the beast are allies and lower their health becomes, like Nekros 4th ability, but the allies companions won’t die instead their Health will STOP and 1 Health Point, but the lower their health the stronger they are.

Downside however, you cannot have a companion, a companion can still be equipped for the companion mods.

ABILITY 1: Releases all Allied Companions from passive, gaining Health, Energy, and Shield for each Ally companion released.

ABILITY 2: Kubrow form: Take the shape of a Kubrow, gaining stats based off of Melee weapon mods.

ABILITY 3: Kavat form: Take the shape of a Kavat, gaining stats based off of Secondary weapon mods.

ABILITY 4: Avian form: Take on the shape of an Avian, gaining stats based off of your primary weapon along with flight.

As I know balancing is a big issue sometimes here are some side notes and things to know about the Beast Frame

1: Like the passive, staying in each form for too long drains your health but makes you stronger.

2: There is no duration, since you won’t be able to stay in each form for very long. The Drain becomes slightly stronger with time. The Frame’s health as well with stop at 1 Health Point.

I know some won’t like this idea however I just think it’ll be extremely fun turning the enemies pets against them.

Duration would Slow the Health per second drain on forms.

I hope you like this Idea for a new frame. 

Credit to 

InvicutsTrerion

which is my main account

Only the Grineer really have pets though, and they're not exactly common enemies. Making a Warframe's passive or ability depend entirely upon encountering a specific enemy type that isn't guaranteed to appear in sufficient numbers to be sustainable is kinda bad design.

As for the other abilities, well, turning into animals is certainly unique and visually impressive (except that last Avian form which is basically Titania) but doesn't sound particularly practical considering the way you described it makes it sound as if I would trade the ability to use my weapons for the ability to take a small melee-based form that uses the same mod loadout as one of my weapons but probably inferior range and base stats. To say nothing of the inevitable discrepancies that would arise from applying primary, secondary, or melee mods to what is essentially a glorified Exalted Companion.

And speaking of companions, why is it necessary to bar this Frame from equipping a regular companion? Our current precedent for exalted Companions, Khora, not only can equip a companion in addition to her Exalted Kavat Venari, but also has a passive that actively rewards her for doing so. Even my Summoner frame "Hades" didn't have to miss out on a Companion in addition to his Hounds, but then again that was probably because Tartarus, Asphodel, and Elysium were basically glorified short-range turrets that served as staging points for his other abilities while Cerberus, the actual Exalted Companion, had his power and the buffs he provided balanced by the fact that he was a temporary summon that cost a passive resource.

Mind you, I certainly like the idea of a Beastmaster/Druid Frame, but this particular one just seems kinda barebones and counterproductive. I could almost see something like Udyr from League of Legends, though, where you have a full kit of four independently usable abilities that can be held-cast to assume a "form" that doesn't override your normal weapons but instead offers various persistent buffs after the ability ends- for example the "Kavat" stance could give a bonus to slash and bleed procs as well as bonus melee damage, or "Avian" stance gives you reduced weight and increased bullet jump height as well as the ability to move somewhat while aim-gliding, in addition to either evasion or bonus crit chance/damage while airborne. That sort of thing.

Turning into animals as part of the actual casting attack might still be cool, but staying as an animal that cannot hold a gun afterward is slightly less cool. Warframe abilities should increase your capabilities in combat, not lock you out of them unless the trade-off is really worth it.

Hunter or Beast, or Both?

Should it be a transforming druid, or a hunter, or both?

Since such a Warframe is better in a topic that has to be somehow connected to technology, or stupid actions of the Orikin, I have a suggestion.

The hunter who actually hunts himself:

o someone who was rebuilt by the Orokin so that it resembles a curse and this thing became the Warframe.

the Hunter and the Beast

Hunter:

In one mode you are strengthened ranged fighter friends.

Beast:

In this mode you are a melee fighter who weakens enemies.

One skill to transform, three skills that change with but become the same in the AoE / attack pattern.

Yeah, I understand some concerns and issues that can happen...I’m very open to ideas, Like I said It was just a thought, something I feel would be Unique and different from current frames, I do Feel like my idea would do better as a Support, that’s grants buffs and debuffs to enemies.

Regarding the passive, maybe it could tie in with allied companions as well, however think of this as a first draft.

I would like to create something unique and different as I said, before I go and do a design for it. 

Archived