Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orb 30-50 bounties

Sharpstriker

Question

Currently trying to farm for banshee and mirage prime parts and have been stuck doing Orb Vallis Bounties as they have the highest chance for success for some of the relics needed for the parts. Been able to avoid doing the higher level bounties for some of the relics but now the one I'm trying to stockpile (B6 because the part I'm looking for is rare so having a stock of around 10 is preferable), and now OV gets to show the absolute contempt it has for me that it only hinted at in earlier easier missions.

As of right now starting this relic farm I have all but once failed the bounty and the one time I did, succeed, it was most likely out of luck at the timing of the enemy pathing. I've tried my usual tricks and they don't seem to be working, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to builds, frames, strats, etc... as I couldn't find any discussions on this particular problem.

The main point of failure seems to revolve around defending an objective. In this case a drone as I haven't had the ambush bounty just yet, but I get the feeling I will reach the same wall. While defending the objective against the standard enemies is relatively manageable, it all goes downhill once a coildrive shows up and because of pathing, the drone is in the middle of the road and gets promptly annihilated (The one time I succeeded the drone was off the road when the coildrive came by and there were a number of frost bubbles in between).

So any build/strat suggestions for solo play to keep the drone/ defense objective safe reliably during missions?

Also on another note, electric proc's seem especially strong in vallis, as getting one for a few ticks is more than enough to outright kill my frame. Any possibly way to remedy this that doesn't include spamming health and shield pods every time it proc's.

6 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Which indeed confirms that the hostile Coildrives are firing their plasma cannons far faster than normal since mid November 2020. The damage is normally high

I don't think it's as bad as that, in my testing they failed to kill my Mesa without shatter shield active while standing still being shot at by a coil drive. I'd say it would take sustained firepower to kill  a drone cos they have more health and shields than me and you'd have to be very slow to react and kill the enemy to have it happen.

1 hour ago, Duality52 said:

Do you have evidence of your Coildrive getting blown up from 100% to 0 in an instant? No Terra Corpus in the Vallis can inflict Radiation procs, since you also claimed you were playing with a group.

I think you have mixed Tennos (responders) here ... I never said it got blewn up in an instant (but somebody else did). Neither did I reveal anywhere I play in a group (although, I usually do). Still not sure what that has to do with radiation procs, but I made no claims about them, either (I'm not actually sure how they work).

All I know that the coil drives blow up too easily (compared to other bounties of similar level) and I'm not sure who/what has damaged them, and as such I'm not sure how to prevent them being damaged (as I can not see the enemies who are doing the damage). Hence: I'm suspecting something fishy is going on with this bounty (I'm sorry I have to make this very vague claim. I'm just confused about the whole bounty / coildrives which explode too easily.).

13 hours ago, Xaero said:

IIRC Vazarin's Protective Dash gives temporary immunity to the drone. Permanent immunity if you keep using the dash on it.

Last time I've tried that was still bugged (as every single Orb Vallis mobile objective):

I've reported this man, many times in the bugs section, wich elads me to believe that's intended.

1 hour ago, WildPenguin82 said:

I think you have mixed Tennos (responders) here ... I never said it got blewn up in an instant (but somebody else did)

But you did acknowledge that the Special Duty Coildrive took no contact damage from the hostile Coildrives. I find it incredibly hard to believe that something destroyed the Special Duty Coildrive in one hit, as someone claim they've seen. 

1 hour ago, WildPenguin82 said:

Hence: I'm suspecting something fishy is going on with this bounty (I'm sorry I have to make this very vague claim. I'm just confused about the whole bounty / coildrives which explode too easily.).

The only thing I've already known is that the Coildrive's plasma cannons are firing far faster than normal, which attributes to melting Defense objectives in a matter of seconds.

The Terra Corpus's damage output is higher than most enemies in the game, aside from Gokstad Grineer, Juno Corpus, and the Deimos Infested. But again, most of what they do aside from the Terra Sniper Crewmen's Opticor can't "one-shot" either you or defense objectives. Shield gating negates that "one-shot", and the defense objectives are more than sturdy to resist getting "one-shotted". You have to be careless to let the Special Duty Coildrive die, unless a hostile Coildrive drives by.

5 hours ago, Sharpstriker said:

Just a quick heads up, apart from the frames after Harrow and Gara, I've had every frame max ranked since before I took a break two years ago around the time fortuna came out. I'll admit that I'm not very skilled with banshee as I never got used to her kit, and I've only really used Mirage to break the games framerate with atomos or abused the build up mechanic of the simulor.

I've found recently that enemy projectiles can damage through the void when I've tried with limbo so that's not reliable.

Ok, when you said you couldn't do the higher bounties I assumed you were much newer. I'm honestly a bit suprised you're having trouble then, they should be bread and butter for you by now. Seeing as you have all the frames just use Mesa plus magus lockdown, don't let anything get near. A strong weapon like a rubico will 1 shot any coildrives coming near.

For the record I meant banish on whatever frame, I have it on my Mesa. Also if you're using cataclysm they can shoot thru the void yes, by walking within it. But if you simply banish the enemy into the void instead they can't damage anything on the normal plain.

5 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Ok, when you said you couldn't do the higher bounties I assumed you were much newer. I'm honestly a bit suprised you're having trouble then, they should be bread and butter for you by now. Seeing as you have all the frames just use Mesa plus magus lockdown, don't let anything get near. A strong weapon like a rubico will 1 shot any coildrives coming near.

For the record I meant banish on whatever frame, I have it on my Mesa. Also if you're using cataclysm they can shoot thru the void yes, by walking within it. But if you simply banish the enemy into the void instead they can't damage anything on the normal plain.

Like I said the the regular enemies are fairly manageable, but when a drive comes by, all bets are off and they can deal serious damage to the defense target via a large volley of explosive shots that can leave a high damaging electric status effect, or simply driving through. The latter of those choices I saw earlier today come in and reduced the shields of a special coildrive to zero and the health pool by half, as well as kill me because I was preoccupied setting up frost bubbles when it showed up and ran me over.

Just tried my old rubico and while it's still missing some mods because I haven't forma'd it more than once but I do have a riven, and I did test in on a lvl 30+ coildrive it did pretty ok. I think about 3-4 shots and that did the trick. Maybe adding some elemental mods will reduce that to 2. The only downside is whether or not I should forma my normal one, or try to get the prime and forma that one. If I do the latter then I might as well just force my way through and hope luck is on my side like a few runs earlier today and get enough relics that I can reliably get the rare drop because that's the last piece I need and then I'm done with that.

As far as the limbo void. I was more referring to projectiles with splash damage ie. rockets, grenades, drop ship guns, coildrive weapons. Cataclysm doesn't seem to protect from splash damage as I've seen with extractors where a drop ship pops in overhead and proceeds to bombard and rip the extractor to shreds despite it being in the void and the drip definitely not being in the void. 

48 minutes ago, Sharpstriker said:

Like I said the the regular enemies are fairly manageable, but when a drive comes by, all bets are off and they can deal serious damage to the defense target via a large volley of explosive shots that can leave a high damaging electric status effect, or simply driving through. The latter of those choices I saw earlier today come in and reduced the shields of a special coildrive to zero and the health pool by half, as well as kill me because I was preoccupied setting up frost bubbles when it showed up and ran me over.

Just tried my old rubico and while it's still missing some mods because I haven't forma'd it more than once but I do have a riven, and I did test in on a lvl 30+ coildrive it did pretty ok. I think about 3-4 shots and that did the trick. Maybe adding some elemental mods will reduce that to 2. The only downside is whether or not I should forma my normal one, or try to get the prime and forma that one. If I do the latter then I might as well just force my way through and hope luck is on my side like a few runs earlier today and get enough relics that I can reliably get the rare drop because that's the last piece I need and then I'm done with that.

As far as the limbo void. I was more referring to projectiles with splash damage ie. rockets, grenades, drop ship guns, coildrive weapons. Cataclysm doesn't seem to protect from splash damage as I've seen with extractors where a drop ship pops in overhead and proceeds to bombard and rip the extractor to shreds despite it being in the void and the drip definitely not being in the void. 

Well I did a run and recorded it if you're interested, sadly I couldn't get a coildrive to take a direct shot but I think most of the time it should be a non-issue and I've never seen them do any substantial damage to the ambush coildrive either. I didn't mean using cataclysm btw I meant banishing the target with your 1, not cataclysm, I do it all the time for Latrox Une's stupid osprey on Deimos. The drone seemed to take quite a few hits to destroy but if you do happen to see a coildrive coming closer, my advice is use Magus lockdown as it will halt the coildrive, should give you long enough to destroy it easily. Note I also tried the drones and coildrive ambush on both bounty 5 and Steel Path to see if it would annihilate it any faster. Both times the drone survived without issue.

14 hours ago, Sharpstriker said:

Which indeed confirms that the hostile Coildrives are firing their plasma cannons far faster than normal since mid November 2020. The damage is normally high, but their rate of fire should not be that high. Also, did you confirm that the Special Duty Coildrive (defense objective) took no damage from the contact damage of the hostile Coildrives?

I would also suggest Zephyr, as again, her Turbulence negates most of the Terra Corpus's attacks. Just watch for Terra Trenchers and Shockwave Moas if you're too close to them.

14 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

my advice is use Magus lockdown as it will halt the coildrive

Remember that @Sharpstriker is likely not at Rank 5 with Vox Solaris, which grants access to the Arcane. Unless he traded for it, it's off limits for now.

If you are soloing and having problems, I would suggest using Nova/Prime. With maxed duration, +45% Strength and the Molecular Fission augment. Nova's [4] will slow everything down, which helps a lot in some of the stage missions. Also gives you +100% damage against affected enemies. Nova's [1] + max duration + the augment + using the [4] will help a lot keeping you alive. And if they get close your Null Stars will help killing them. The rest is down to what you have and what you like. If you can't drop the enemies quickly enough, consider using a primary or a secondary with high status chance and radiation, that will slow things down a bit further.

Simply having "killing power" is not enough when soloing, what you want most of all is control. If you have control, killing off the enemies becomes much less of a problem. And Nova's [4] gives you a lot of control.

On 2020-12-30 at 10:51 AM, Duality52 said:

Right, and yet you haven't told me what level the Bounty was done as well as the alert level, along with how much health your Special Duty Coildrive had too. That could've helped support your claim of your Coildrive getting "one-shotted". Someone else here didn't experience your bizzare "one-shot" scenario either:

Because you're not a dev and I don't owe you an explanation.  I don't have to prove S#&$ to you, and I'm not about to go out and run bounties until a coildrive collides with mine then upload the video just to prove it to you because you're not important in the slightest.  The fact that you're on the subreddit talking trash about me only makes me want to engage with you even less, so honestly, I don't care that you don't believe me.  

7 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You can get Banshee for free from the dojo and the vanilla works just as well and Mirage from an easy quest also. Sounds like currently you may be wading in a bit too deep too early on. Get the vanilla versions, see how you enjoy the frames.

Just a quick heads up, apart from the frames after Harrow and Gara, I've had every frame max ranked since before I took a break two years ago around the time fortuna came out. I'll admit that I'm not very skilled with banshee as I never got used to her kit, and I've only really used Mirage to break the games framerate with atomos or abused the build up mechanic of the simulor.

3 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Just banish the coildrive if it's causing issues.

I've found recently that enemy projectiles can damage through the void when I've tried with limbo so that's not reliable.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

The fact that you're on the subreddit talking trash about me only makes me want to engage with you even less, so honestly,

The subreddit confirms that I'm not the only one confirming this: Coildrives are firing far faster than normal. Their plasma cannons are far more deadlier than their contact damage. My tests, as well as some players like @WildPenguin82, confirmed that the Special Duty Coildrives do not take any contact damage from the hostile Coildrives.

This is basically the Tusk Heavy Gunner scenario back in September, but this time giving the firing rate of the Grattler to the Coildrives. By not supporting your claim of the bizzare "one-shot" of your Special Duty Coildrive, you're making your claim more incredulous.

4 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I'd say it would take sustained firepower to kill  a drone cos they have more health and shields than me and you'd have to be very slow to react and kill the enemy to have it happen.

It's true that you'll have to be careless to get the Surveillance Drone killed, but with those rapid-firing Coildrives, they're the only ones that nearly drained the shields of the Drone or outright destroy them in a few seconds. Several times back when I was leveling Bonewidow in November, I had multiple Thermia Canisters destroyed due to the Coildrives. Nothing else came remotely close to damaging the Canister as fast as the Coildrive.

It's true that you'll have to be careless to get the Surveillance Drone killed, but with those rapid-firing Coildrives, they're the only ones that nearly drained the shields of the Drone or outright destroy them in a few seconds. Several times back when I was leveling Bonewidow in November, I had multiple Thermia Canisters destroyed due to the Coildrives. Nothing else came remotely close to damaging the Canister as fast as the Coildrive.

Personally I don't mind, I played Fortuna on release and was very disappointed that DE nerfed the enemies 1 week in. I like it when enemies are capable of killing us, destroying objectives etc. I mean we're supposed to be defending the objective, that's the mission. It's not much of a mission if the enemies attacking can't actually damage the objective now is it?

The subreddit confirms that I'm not the only one confirming this: Coildrives are firing far faster than normal.

The thing is, unlike you acting high and mighty, I never said they weren't firing faster than they should be.  I never contradicted your point at all.  The only thing I've said is that an enemy coildrive collided with the objective coildrive and instantly killed it, and it was through collision.  There were even people in your thread saying that they'd seen collision damage coildrives after they allegedly fixed it.  These things are not mutually exclusive.  By all means though, keep running your mouth.

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

The thing is, unlike you acting high and mighty, I never said they weren't firing faster than they should be.  I never contradicted your point at all.  The only thing I've said is that an enemy coildrive collided with the objective coildrive and instantly killed it, and it was through collision.  There were even people in your thread saying that they'd seen collision damage coildrives after they allegedly fixed it.  These things are not mutually exclusive.  By all means though, keep running your mouth.

I've seen some collision damage before, but never this 'one-shot' stuff. I've had an enemy coildrive stuck on the defended one with the pathing being just that perfectly-aligned and still not blowing it up, so it's not likely some damage-per-contact-frame shenanigans.
I'm not exactly sure when the last time I saw collision damage was because DE started only dumping old garbage relics into bounties and consequently I mostly stopped doing them except for Nightwaves. But unless we're talking Steel Path and the SpecialDrive doesn't scale up its tank accordingly to a +100 level Coildrive bonking it, then my anecdotal experience doesn't match yours.

On the flip-side of that, I also run as Ivara and keep the coildrive inside a Cloak Arrow at all times. So if it was dying to actual firepower then that'd follow suit with what I've personally seen (and not-seen).

On 2020-12-30 at 3:30 AM, Sharpstriker said:

The main point of failure seems to revolve around defending an objective. In this case a drone as I haven't had the ambush bounty just yet, but I get the feeling I will reach the same wall. While defending the objective against the standard enemies is relatively manageable, it all goes downhill once a coildrive shows up and because of pathing, the drone is in the middle of the road and gets promptly annihilated (The one time I succeeded the drone was off the road when the coildrive came by and there were a number of frost bubbles in between).

So any build/strat suggestions for solo play to keep the drone/ defense objective safe reliably during missions?

If you have the Archwing Launcher for open-worlds and access to a Dojo Tenno Lab for the blueprints, the answer to your object-protecting woes is the AmeshaIt supplies itself with energy, terminally slows everything around, and specifically can protect those objects one of two ways:
Drones from Watchful Swarm protect the target from a set number of hits much like Revenant's Mesmer Skin (you'll have to watch the health and re-cast when it starts getting touched again, there's no visible counter for targets other than yourself) - this works best for the Bounty Drone, especially as the bonus condition is not allowing it to take health damage at all, and if there is an issue with Coildrive collisions then this should also fully protect against that too.
The Benevolent Decoy will attract away most ranged attacks, and the interior 'core' bubble, when hit, reflects healing to everything in the exterior bubble area. This means it effectively maintains the health of anything still being hit (e.g. due to melee units) as other fire keeps it healed back to full long before it can die. This works best on anything immobile - Excavators and the Special Coildrive can be maintained with this.

As long as you try to avoid being hit by Nope Rockets too much and having your 'wing abilities dispelled as a result, you're gold.

On 2020-12-30 at 3:30 AM, Sharpstriker said:

Also on another note, electric proc's seem especially strong in vallis, as getting one for a few ticks is more than enough to outright kill my frame. Any possibly way to remedy this that doesn't include spamming health and shield pods every time it proc's.

Electric procs are all still doing vastly more player damage than they should be doing, across the whole game. Have been ever since the status rework. It's ridiculous, and is one of the few procs we still can't even immunise ourselves against via stacked Arcane, either.

2 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

I've seen some collision damage before, but never this 'one-shot' stuff. 

It doesn't get 1 shotted I've tested a bit more today, the coil drive fires fast but still requires a sustained volley to actually destroy it. I find it more likely that OP is simply not protecting it very well, shooting an approaching coil drive isn't difficult and there's no reason they should ever be allowed to get in range if you're paying attention. The odds of the pathing actually creating this scenario as well are small enough that it's not really a concern, I was unable to replicate it over 10 missions.

4 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

my anecdotal experience doesn't match yours.

The issue I have with this right here, and the insistence of the other guy that "doesn't happen to everyone else, so it didn't happen to you." is that it's complete BS.  It's narrowminded BS.

I was using Bonewidow earlier on the Vallis, farming some stuff, getting some XP.  I had one of the larger Raknoids show up, pulled out my Ironbride, and swung it.  The Landslide ability banner popped up (I brought Baruuk but was obviously in my mech.) and it drained energy like I cast Landslide, and even did a weird forward lunge like my mech really used Landslide.

That's how this goddamn game is.  When someone tells me something happened that wasn't supposed to happen, like an instant kill on a coildrive due to head-on collision from another coildrive, my first reaction is to shake my head at DE, not start talking down to the person that experienced it and treat them like they're blind and dumb because there's no way DE could ever be wrong, or the issue I'm having is the only one that's allowed to exist.  DE made the game.  I promise there's room for multiple people's bugs and issues.

"But they fixed it" but they didn't.  I was in a bounty, protecting a coildrive when I started taking a huge amount of damage (because dude is correct about their damage/fire rate being bugged.  I never said they weren't.) so I dodged and turned to see what was hitting me just in time to see a coildrive, that was still shooting at me not the special duty coildrive, slam into the one we were supposed to be defending and watched it go from partial shields and full health to chunks on the road.  Not too long before that one, I was watching the trap for a special duty coildrive, watched the target pull up on us, veer off the road seemingly to avoid the trap, do a super sharp almost 180 turn into a rock formation, get stuck and spin in place for about 5 seconds and then just explode.  I'm sure that's working as intended too though.  I've literally had access to every single bounty stage at the same time while out on the Vallis.  I'm like 90% sure there's a memory leak associated with the Vallis and the Drift and that's why the Vallis started crashing for some people all at the same time right after an update.

Bottom line is that this is bugframe, and to just start dismissing someone else's issues because yours are the only ones that can be real is just ignorant.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

The issue I have with this right here, and the insistence of the other guy that "doesn't happen to everyone else, so it didn't happen to you." is that it's complete BS.  It's narrowminded BS.

That's why I explicitly said it was my anecdotal experience not matching yours. I could have somehow not had it bug out in a specific way whenever I've had collisions, or you could be somehow mistaken in observation or explanation (I've noticed 'one shot' is often misused by players to describe things which are certainly not one instance of damage event). It's all anecdotal. I wasn't telling you 'you're certainly wrong', because I called it out as the subjective experiences they are.

Sorry to say, but if anyone was being ignorant and presumptuous there it was you.

10 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

That's why I explicitly said it was my anecdotal experience not matching yours. I could have somehow not had it bug out in a specific way whenever I've had collisions, or you could be somehow mistaken in observation or explanation (I've noticed 'one shot' is often misused by players to describe things which are certainly not one instance of damage event). It's all anecdotal. I wasn't telling you 'you're certainly wrong', because I called it out as the subjective experiences they are.

Sorry to say, but if anyone was being ignorant and presumptuous there it was you.

You were commenting on my reply to someone who is telling me I'm certainly wrong, to also tell me that you didn't experience it.  Maybe that's presumptuous, but it's entirely reasonable to assume you were just piling on.

Just now, Duality52 said:

They've already removed the hostile Coildrive's collision damage with the Special Duty Coildrive. Again, what matters is that their plasma cannons are firing far faster than normal, easily stacking those high Electric procs.

And again, I've watched it happen recently.  It wasn't multiple damage instances all at once, the hacked coildrive wasn't even the thing being fired at, we were.  It took collision damage and died.  I do not care what you say, because again, I watched it happen.

My go to for vallis bounties is Mesa for quick and easy killing.

Using Hildryn or Nezhas subsumed ability to remove status effects.

There's a couple weapons that can make quick work of coildrives, Stahltas altfire, Bramma, Prisma Gorgon. Alternatively moving ahead of the drone to make the coildrive stop earlier, drop off its dudes and drive away.

Archived