Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Help For Solo

omgeveryone9

Question

Becuase my internet is horrible this week I can only play solo. The problem is that I can't play a single mission without dying. I only have an excalibur and a vauban, both with a potato but no forma. Am I just too bad to play solo with what I have, cuz it feels like I need a potatoed Rhino with top mods and a 3 formad soma?

10 answers to this question

vauban with potatoe?

Cmon. Post your Loadout.

Vortex/Bastile /Flow/Redirection.

Kunai/boltor 

Should do you good.

Rank 5 energy siphon

rank 3 tesla

rank 0 bastille (for now)

rank 9 streamline and flow

rank 6 redirection and vitality

rank 3 steel fiber

rank 4 rush (this is probably a bad choice)

rank 4 fast deflection

rank 2 focus

Overall lvl 25 vauban and either a rank 13 soma, rank 17 snipetron vandal, or rank 17 strun wraith (all full damage builds)

Is this any good?

I run through with Loki + Carrier (so I never see myself run out of energy as long as I'm careful) while using the Ignis. Grineer are still hard to take down without Disarming them because of their high armor, but Corpus have incredibly low armor values (and none whatsoever if it's one of their heads or a MOA). A decently-modded crowd control weapon can make very short work of them in a matter of minutes. Even with just Kunai or Boltor or something, you shouldn't have much trouble as long as you aim at the heads to conserve ammo.

If you want ease of play, fight against Corpus, and be quick to stun Elite Crewmen (with an Electric-modded weapon, ideally) if you see a beam hit you, since it can kill you in a matter of seconds with ease. With the Ignis, you hardly even have to aim to do this; a simple sweep will temporarily incapacitate everything around you and leave them open for the kill.

Use Shade if you're not confident about your survivability and anti-Shockwave MOA ability, and use Carrier if you're able to blaze through and want to maximize your efficiency.

EDIT: If you use Soma, try and stay back and pick off enemies from afar to minimize your chances of getting surrounded and laser'd to death. Make sure you pick off enemies that are attacking your Grineer teammates, since they're vital to success if you don't have powerful mods. Elite Crewmen are your top priority; they can rid your team of Heavy units with terrifying efficiency, since their attacks ignore armor.

If you use Strun Wraith (better to use against Elite Crewmen since you can place elemental effects more easily), then just get in there and destroy everything that poses a threat before they attack you. Elite Crewmen first, of course. Loki and Ash are the best for this playstyle, since you can just go invisible and massacre everything. Loki lets you stay invisible for longer, and Ash can quickly stun things around you so you don't continue taking damage as the Invisibility animation is cast (which is responsible for many Loki deaths).

Edited by SortaRandom

Rank 5 energy siphon

rank 3 tesla

rank 0 bastille (for now)

rank 9 streamline and flow

rank 6 redirection and vitality

rank 3 steel fiber

rank 4 rush (this is probably a bad choice)

rank 4 fast deflection

rank 2 focus

Overall lvl 25 vauban and either a rank 13 soma, rank 17 snipetron vandal, or rank 17 strun wraith (all full damage builds)

Is this any good?

Well.

It shouldnt be hard for you then.

Crowd Control heavy units. move slower. Try using some obstacles as cover.

Id throw away steel fiber and rush. for now

Get Vigor

Rank up Bastille

max out as much +power strength, duration and range as you can

Throw a bastille into the room

kill the floating guys

If large concentrations, throw a vortex into them

rinse+repeat

Travelling slower through the map will spread out the spawns and hopefully prevent the 'room with 70 enemies' from spawning

any frame (rhino prefered for iron skin and ult)

fleeting, streamline, flow, blind rage (rank 5), overextend, redirection (rank 11), alll ability (optional but ult and iron skin a must)

weapon main and all u will need is a Ignis

multi, serration, heavy cal(rank 5) , stormbringer, cyro round, ammo mutation (can be extra ammo if u dont have the mod), ap

and dual zoren with maxed fury to fling urself

ignis will kill everything no matter wat side ur on