Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept | Fear Frame

(XBOX)ExtraThicLad

I know most people just find Nekros's 'Terrify' ability to be somewhat annoying, but I think it's a cool concept, and we can go a step farther with it.

I have not come up with a name for this Frame yet, I will refer to him simply as "Scary".

Description: Uses FEAR to keep complete control over enemies, and to make himself stronger. As long as they are afraid of him, he cannot be killed.

Stats:

• Health: 170
  • Shields: 75

• Armor: 350

• Energy: 150

• Speed: 1.05

• (Rank 30: Hp + 200%, shields + 200% energy + 50%)

Passive: Every enemy inflicted with FEAR will have x% damage vulnerability, and will increase Scary's power strength by x% and his armor by x%. FEAR will be kept track of through a FEAR counter that is displayed in the bottom right of the HUD similarly to Saryn's spores. Enemies effected by FEAR will attempt to run away from Scary and his FEAR pillars (see ability 3) if they are within x meters of either. Enemies with FEAR will also spend x% less time than usual shooting at Scary.

Ability 1: Scary marks an enemy, scaring it into compliance. For x duration, once every five seconds that enemy will be forced to pick out and point towards one of it's friends within an x meter radius. The enemy being pointed at is dealt x% of their health in True Damage. If there are no enemies within the x meter radius, the marked enemy takes heavy damage. During the duration it is marked, the enemy will not be able to fight back.

Ability 2: For each bullet fired at Scary, Scary gains x% chance to not take damage from that bullet. The value of x depends on how high the FEAR counter is. This continues of x duration.

Ability 3: A pillar rises from the ground before Scary. For x duration, every enemy who comes within x meters of the pillar is instantly inflicted with FEAR. A total of 3 pillars can be in use at a time,  but that number will scale with power strength.

Ability 4: Scary flies up into the air for x duration and takes decreased damage, but loses all movement control. During this time, press trigger to slam into the ground, dealing x damage and sending out a FEAR shockwave that instantly inflicts FEAR on enemies.

In case anyone was wondering, x is just a filler variable, I just don't know what the values of it should be in any of the instances it is used.

I tried to design Scary to be a kind of Crowd Controlling Tank. I hope you like the idea!

Not a bad idea. His CC abilities are really good, even if the fact that who 1shots an enemy with the 1st seems a bit op, maybe a little balance could be that the marked enemy, when he hits his ally, deals x% damage to him below. form of true damage, where x% is a percentage of the marked enemy's life, so that a player would simply avoid spamming the ability, but would try to use it on a high hp enemy.

If I can suggest any stats for this warframe, being that you didn't put them, they might be like:

Hp : 170

Shields : 75

Armor : 350

Energy : 150

Speed : 1.05

(rank 30 Hp + 200%, shields + 200% energy + 50%).

7 hours ago, (XBOX)LilDoctorWhoBoi said:

A pillar rises from the ground before Scary. For x duration, every enemy who comes within x meters of the pillar is instantly inflicted with FEAR.

Quick question, how many simultaneous pillars can be active?

First of all, thank you so much for the feedback, it's extremely helpful. I'm entering in the stats you suggested now, I can't tell you how helpful it was of you to provide them.

6 hours ago, Enderman20 said:

Quick question, how many simultaneous pillars can be active?

I was thinking the limit would be something like 3 or 5, I think any more and it would start getting into the realm of op.

54 minutes ago, (XBOX)LilDoctorWhoBoi said:

I was thinking the limit would be something like 3 or 5, I think any more and it would start getting into the realm of op.

I believe that a limit of 3 pillars, with the possibility of increasing with the increase of the ability strength (+1 pillar every 30% for example), may be sufficient. But it also depends on the radius of the effect (if type is 7 meters in radius, 3/4 would be a good limit, if you want a smaller radius then 5, otherwise the opposite).

Archived