Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR 30 rewards are like 2020 more than just disapointing

ExyPrime

I just barely got to MR 30 before the new year, and was pretty exited because i didnt look what the rewards for beating the test where. rtThe stuff you get is realy disaponting, the hood ornament for the ship looks ok, even if it looks a little out of place. The umbra formas, the riven and loadout slots are not comletly garbage but if you got to MR 30 you where probably more exited by the chat emote than this stuff. By far the most rage inducing reward was the Emote for youre character, not only does it look like its made my DEs unpaid intern but also has absolutly nothing to do with becoming a "true master". I belive the well with boosts is nice and the only thing worth becoming MR 30 for but should not be locked behind tedious grind (but i can take it or leave it).

I really hope DE at least releases a armor set or something which has more of a "congratulations, you got far" vibe, because at the moment its more like a "meh... why do you play this" feel.

I feel like a lot of MR 30 have been with Warframe for a long time and i realy hope DE shows this by not just throws out stuff, like a student who forgot a deadline.

I acually have to agree with people that  like the rewards, if i would care about "gameplay". But this is from someone who likes cosmetics more that getting infinite umbra forma.

(some) Things i would like to see as a Reward:
Armor Set and/or Syandana
Polished Emote (for the warframe)
Ephemera (or Extra appearance slot for something similar like the movember mustaches slot)
Decoration for youre Orbiter
Companion Decoration
Glyph (some random youtubers get Glyphs but this doesnt?)
Deco for Railjack or Necramechs (if they want to expand there annyway)
Generaly i believe MR 30 rewards miss a lot of Particles :)

feel free to share youre opinion, i know not everyone likes "Fashionframe"
(This stuff shoudnt be seen as critisism, im just genuenly disapointed. But its suitable that 2020 ends by being disapointing :) Have a bether 2021 )

apparently some dont get it, this isnt about MR, its about it being a "bad" reward for fashion

As a MR27 player who thinks that mastery rank is borderline meaningless, the only "reward" I care about is the fact that I get 30 mod points on level 0 equipment. I dream of the moment when no mod gets unslotted when I install a Forma. Do we get that? Yes? Then I'm 100% happy.

Other than that, I'm not bothered by the meaningless number being rewarded by stuff.

Thanks for asking my opinion.

They could have given us nothing.

Personally, It feels to me that the reward for MR 30 was cobbled together with very little thought or planning.

Honestly though, for the past couple of years a lot of things in Warframe have felt like that.

Master rank is meaningless to how the game is played, game knowledge or how skilled a player is. Master Rank should be deleted. Progression should be Star chart and Quest based. Not sit in a couple of levels spam buttons level weapon delete weapon so on and so on. All the MR test should then be rolled in to game tutorials for all players. All those MR 30 rewards should be given to players who have completed the star chart and all the quests to date too IMO. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb JackHargreav:

Elitism is fun

ah yes someone who doesnt get the point, its not about the mastery rank, its about the fashion.

Theres nothing wrong with having a centain MR Rank, low or high, it doesnt mater. But for example if you did endourance runs, you expect a certain neveau of reward.

The point is, this discussion is not about MR its about if the rewards look good. And if you dont care about that, then you dont have to be here.

I can't believe I'm taking this side, but...

Aside from the OP's saltiness and bad attitude, I think the point being made is valid. True, nobody is entitled to anything, but getting a nice exclusive cosmetic reward at the highest rank in the game seems like a nice touch. I would think it should be one of the most coveted cosmetics, seeing as how it requires the hardest work of all to get it. Getting one that is less impressive than ones which are far easier to get is... unexciting.

Of course, this being said by me, who is currently MR8 and probably have no hope or plan to ever approach 30 :) But still, I don't see why so much hate for the OP's point. Maybe it's just their attitude...

1 minute ago, MontyCulligan said:

Aside from the OP's saltiness and bad attitude, I think the point being made is valid. True, nobody is entitled to anything, but getting a nice exclusive cosmetic reward at the highest rank in the game seems like a nice touch. Getting a lackluster one that is less impressive than ones which are far easier to get is... unexciting.

Of course, this being said by me, who is currently MR8 and probably have no hope or plan to ever approach 30 :) But still, I don't see why so much hate for the OP's point. Maybe it's just their attitude...

But you get a lot of other cool stuff too. 

Like getting umbral formas which are still super time gated no matter how good you are at grinding, with a Nightwave season that lasted like a year and super rare Teshin offerings being the only other way to get them. 

The permanent blessings stuff too which is nothing to sneeze at, etc. 

Sorry for editing my post while you were quoting me. Yeah, I am just focusing in on the OP's point about the cosmetic only. And the fact that I can understand a desire for people to want possibly the very most coveted cosmetic in the game to be locked behind MR 30. It at least seems logical to me anyway. 

Wait, what?
Seriously? Are people really saying, and agreeing with this topic?
We get 3 Umbra Forma, which is one of the rarest stuff in the game, with only half a dozen being available (except for people who exploited the Sentient anomaly).
30 riven slots (that lets you overflow the max), this alone is 600 plat worth.
You get a daily choice of a lot of different boosters, which you can share with other players...
That's on top of emotes, loadout slots and the like...

You already have a armor set for 1000 day logins, arguably a greater achievement than MR30. So yeah, i'm glad they gave us something as cool as the blessing font instead of another armor that would probably be outdone by the next tennogen or somesuch.

Not to mention if they DID give us an armor, OP would be here complaining why it isn't as cool as he wanted it to be. Entitlement is a thing...

vor 15 Minuten schrieb ReaverKane:

Wait, what?
Seriously? Are people really saying, and agreeing with this topic?
We get 3 Umbra Forma, which is one of the rarest stuff in the game, with only half a dozen being available (except for people who exploited the Sentient anomaly).
30 riven slots (that lets you overflow the max), this alone is 600 plat worth.
You get a daily choice of a lot of different boosters, which you can share with other players...
That's on top of emotes, loadout slots and the like...

You already have a armor set for 1000 day logins, arguably a greater achievement than MR30. So yeah, i'm glad they gave us something as cool as the blessing font instead of another armor that would probably be outdone by the next tennogen or somesuch.

Not to mention if they DID give us an armor, OP would be here complaining why it isn't as cool as he wanted it to be. Entitlement is a thing...

I acually have to agree with you that the rewards are nice, IF you care about "gameplay". But this is from someone who likes cosmetic freedom more that getting infinite umbra forma. I havent even used the Nightwave umbra formal, and dont realy care about stuff that affects gameplay, im just dissapointed in what DE could have done, i myself sometimes use 3D software and i can tell you from experience that no effort has gone in the cosmetic stuff, wich dissapoits me.

I acually side with the people that say MR doesnt matter, this said The Booster Well shouldnt be MR 30 locked and the Umbra forma too. For the riven slots, they are nice if you care about gameplay instead of cosmetics.

Everyone wants to play the smart!@# without ever having a thought of whether he actually sounds like an idiot.

One says the rewards are not enough, another that they're randomly selected...

Loadouts, riven slots, umbra forma, that's the most late game reward you can get in this game.

This is worth a lot more than another cosmetic item.

1 hour ago, MontyCulligan said:

Aside from the OP's saltiness and bad attitude, I think the point being made is valid. True, nobody is entitled to anything, but getting a nice exclusive cosmetic reward at the highest rank in the game seems like a nice touch. I would think it should be one of the most coveted cosmetics, seeing as how it requires the hardest work of all to get it. Getting one that is less impressive than ones which are far easier to get is... unexciting.

Nah.

Fashion frame is garbage. I mean the good news is DE can not make meaningful game content and still receive money but it's been plenty proven that cosmetics only is slow death, and the past two years have borne that out pretty handily across the board.

In two completely disparate disciplines, piloting and restauranteering, there's a thing called the death spiral or coffin corner, where the confluence of outside forces align in such a way to make continuing to exist in said plane or restaurant becomes virtually impossible and the possibility of a crash becomes a virtual certainty unless some miracle type S#&$ occurs.

DE is entering this territory with a firm aim of staying here. Railjack took seven years to come to be and required oversight funding to logistically implement, "endgame content" which surprise surprise is not fanciest dresses and frilliest hats finally appeared in the form of Steel Path about four and half/five years after it should have, and with a reward list outside of umbral forma that simply contain a literal trader's roster of rewards instead of any extension of meaningful content. It's all stuff we've seen before or can get somewhere else.

DE's enforced scarcity followed by logistical flooding simply can't entice extended play times and engagement any more. Case in Point do you know another massive population game that relies solely on cosmetics to survive on a continual basis? Cause I don't. WF's mechanical action model is add a variation of the base mechanical warframe (operators, archwing, necramech, railjack) that you mod just like a warframe, and play it in a new hallway, a hallway bound by the same set of rules that has governed the rest of the game since day one.

This paradigm is simply getting old as hell; take your variation of a warframe and put it in a new square arena, get the same kind of loots you've gotten for seven years, and shiny lights and pointy boots while compelling do not lasting content make. There's nothing on the horizon that implies DE is trying anything new, and the game's population reflects that. MR 30 does not bring anything to the table that changes that and "dragonball anim" is not a goal, it's literal distraction.

Looks are certainly important, but they don't define what a game is.

The coffin corner is waiting, and shiny skins won't avoid it.

Archived