Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player, Help Needed With Volt Mods And How To Deal With Tougher Enemies Like Level 20's.

(NSW)Pockybutaaaaah

Question

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Muralivilla said:

There is no quick solution for this. You become tanky with mods and deal more damage with mods.

When you are feeling difficult to kill an enemy it means you are lacking in something at this point.

Grind endo and max your mods. Not every warframes are suitable for every missions. If you want to be tanky use Rhino and concentrate on killing the enemies.

If you are on the blind side of not considering elemental damage, then now is the time you should start exploring.

Ah okay, yeah i just recently learned about Rhino so i'm currently building them, but thanks for the help anyway. 

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)LilDoctorWhoBoi said:

Platinum. If you need to find things to trade for platinum as a new player, I suggest ayatan sculptures. Keep in mind that making platinum as a new player is a long annoying process.

ah okay, i don't have much platinum, only having like 3, so i guess i'll have to get it the normal way, thanks for the help though!

7 hours ago, (NSW)IronElemental said:

Im thinking you need clan support, if you dont have a clan already. Being in a clan is really useful to show your warframe/weapon builds and get useful info on what to improve. Often someone will have a spare mod you need, and can throw it at you in the dojo. Farming every mod you need by yourself is a bit of a pain. Especially if you then find out people have been sitting on piles of spares, but didnt know you needed them.

Warframes are only the 'tasty sauce' on this game's core powersource; your mod collection.

If you re not in a clan yet and wanna join one, i can invite you into the one im in, since we're both on switch. They're a friendly bunch.

I mean sure, i'm not in a clan yet, been meaning to join one but at the start of the game i wasn't sure if any clans would let me in. As i progressed i kinda just forgot about clans so sure, why not?

4 hours ago, (NSW)Pockybutaaaaah said:

So i'm new to the game and i'm currently on Europa, been struggling with level 20 enemies and especially level 25 enemies, so i heard mods are good way to deal with them, so what mods should i have on Volt and what are some ways get stronger to deal with level 20's?

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but it seems that you're not awfully familiar with the mods system just yet.

So although people here have give wonderful advices, i encourage you to just look at every mods and simply read their descriptions.

At lv 20s, life is as simple as it is and you shouldn't trouble yourself with more advanced activities like trading, or mechanics like multipliers. The time will come soon enough.

If you have trouble surviving, look for mods that says it gives more health, more armor, more shields. If you have trouble killing enemies, go to your weapons and equip them with mods that says it'll give more damage, multishots, or increase your damage by having certain elements. If you're using abilities a lot, increase their strength, efficiency, and your maximum energy.

If you still feel that you need more, go to your mods console and "upgrade" those mods. These basic things still works wonderfully on lv 20s. And it'll teach you the basics to face higher level enemies.

As someone already said, you need to figure out how mods work. And how they affect armor, shields and health, and how that affects your survivability. You also need to figure out how the four central warframe stats work (Strength, Duration, Range, Efficiency). All the other interesting and complex things (like how damage actually works) can come later. A good place to start figuring things out is with Volt's "Abilities" page on the wiki: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Volt#Abilities

Rhino makes early levels easier due to one of his abilities (Iron Skin), but in my view Volt is a much better warframe when learning how to play the game. This is because you can "build" him (use mods) in very different ways.

Learning Warframe can be frustrating, but figuring stuff out and getting it to work is also a very fun process, so I don't want to spoil anything with a "do this" and "do that". I'll give you just one tip: Volt's "Electric Shield" will both protect you from incoming damage (it stops enemy bullets) and increase your damage when you fire through it (adds 50% extra electric damage per shield you are shooting through). In the beginning this is a very powerful ability, not only due to the protection and damage increase, but because one of your biggest problems will be energy. By increasing the Duration stat of your warframe every Electric Shield will last longer, and if you focus on using that ability only (or "mostly") you will almost always have energy enough for the next "Electric Shield". Volt can also pick up his shield and move it around (it gets smaller, but still protects him). However, if you are going to use your shield both as protection and damage increase you need to adopt how you play, and think about what weapons to use (and focus on guns). But with the basic Volt, your "basic" mods (upgraded), the normal low-MR weaponry and Volt's shield you can pretty easily go beyond level 25 enemies, when you get the hang of it. And as you start to unlock the starchart you will continuously get more (and better) mods.

And learn how to aim & shoot, headshots gives 2X damage (so shooting a Grineer in the head through Volt's shield will do 3 times as much damage as if you hit him somewhere else without the shield). Shooting through shields also increases your crit multiplier, but understanding how to calculate all that comes "later" 😉. Hang in there, it's totally worth it.

Redirection is needed, as volt is a shield based frame.

Augur Accord is recommended, as it further increases your shields (and therefore overshields) and every time you cast an ability (often) it regenerates your shields a little - triggering the shield gate more often. You can get this through bounties on the plains of Eidolon. 

Flow is useful, as volt uses a lot of energy.

Streamline is useful, as it reduces the amount of energy volt needs to cast his abilities. 

Capacitance drastically increases your survivability at lower levels - you can get it off either the Arbiters of Hexis syndicate, or the Red Veil syndicate. It converts 3% of the damage done by your ultimate into shields. 

Steel Charge is a good aura mod to put on - makes melee stronger and gives you more room to mod. Also it matches Volts aura polarity.

Continuity makes your abilities last longer - two out of four of volt's abilities are on a timer and it's a good all round mod to get. 

Intensify if you have the mod space increases the damage volt's abilities do (synergizes with capacitance) and makes his second ability - the speed - faster. 

These mods are similar to what I use for volt when I take him to the steel path. He's not my main but he's a good frame to play in a squad.

Aside from modding volt, look into getting weapons that will synergize with volt! I don't know what mastery rank you are, but volt's abilities work well with high fire rate - long reload, long range guns - assault rifles, where you can activate speed and sit behind a shield (that provides extra damage along with protecting you), with your speed increasing fire rate and reload. Be warned though, this turns him into a bullet hose, and its very easy to run out of ammo like this. 

Volt is also all around great with melee - I used to use polarms with him all the time. I'd personally recommend the tipedo - a MR3 polearm that you can purchase from the market. Its super fast (made faster by volts speed) and has a decent critical and status chance (which, when combined with many hits per second is pretty useful). His speed however can make heavy weapons great too - greatswords and hammers at super fast speeds are oh so much fun. 

Hopefully this helps! 

16 hours ago, Graavarg said:

As someone already said, you need to figure out how mods work. And how they affect armor, shields and health, and how that affects your survivability. You also need to figure out how the four central warframe stats work (Strength, Duration, Range, Efficiency). All the other interesting and complex things (like how damage actually works) can come later. A good place to start figuring things out is with Volt's "Abilities" page on the wiki: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Volt#Abilities

Rhino makes early levels easier due to one of his abilities (Iron Skin), but in my view Volt is a much better warframe when learning how to play the game. This is because you can "build" him (use mods) in very different ways.

Learning Warframe can be frustrating, but figuring stuff out and getting it to work is also a very fun process, so I don't want to spoil anything with a "do this" and "do that". I'll give you just one tip: Volt's "Electric Shield" will both protect you from incoming damage (it stops enemy bullets) and increase your damage when you fire through it (adds 50% extra electric damage per shield you are shooting through). In the beginning this is a very powerful ability, not only due to the protection and damage increase, but because one of your biggest problems will be energy. By increasing the Duration stat of your warframe every Electric Shield will last longer, and if you focus on using that ability only (or "mostly") you will almost always have energy enough for the next "Electric Shield". Volt can also pick up his shield and move it around (it gets smaller, but still protects him). However, if you are going to use your shield both as protection and damage increase you need to adopt how you play, and think about what weapons to use (and focus on guns). But with the basic Volt, your "basic" mods (upgraded), the normal low-MR weaponry and Volt's shield you can pretty easily go beyond level 25 enemies, when you get the hang of it. And as you start to unlock the starchart you will continuously get more (and better) mods.

And learn how to aim & shoot, headshots gives 2X damage (so shooting a Grineer in the head through Volt's shield will do 3 times as much damage as if you hit him somewhere else without the shield). Shooting through shields also increases your crit multiplier, but understanding how to calculate all that comes "later" 😉. Hang in there, it's totally worth it.

Ah yeah, didn't know about that with shield, i've being using volts shock skill to just kill everything, then im kinda just stuck with zero energy until i find some, plus i kinda just melee everything as its hard to aim so melee it is, so i'll try to practice more. I have looked up early builds which i think help, with level 2 redirection, lvl 2 rush, lvl 2 vitality, flow, lvl 1 stretch, lvl 2 continuity and streamline, with physique as aura (it's the only aura i have) as my main mods, so i think my main problem is just my aim.

14 hours ago, bonamb said:

Redirection is needed, as volt is a shield based frame.

Augur Accord is recommended, as it further increases your shields (and therefore overshields) and every time you cast an ability (often) it regenerates your shields a little - triggering the shield gate more often. You can get this through bounties on the plains of Eidolon. 

Flow is useful, as volt uses a lot of energy.

Streamline is useful, as it reduces the amount of energy volt needs to cast his abilities. 

Capacitance drastically increases your survivability at lower levels - you can get it off either the Arbiters of Hexis syndicate, or the Red Veil syndicate. It converts 3% of the damage done by your ultimate into shields. 

Steel Charge is a good aura mod to put on - makes melee stronger and gives you more room to mod. Also it matches Volts aura polarity.

Continuity makes your abilities last longer - two out of four of volt's abilities are on a timer and it's a good all round mod to get. 

Intensify if you have the mod space increases the damage volt's abilities do (synergizes with capacitance) and makes his second ability - the speed - faster. 

These mods are similar to what I use for volt when I take him to the steel path. He's not my main but he's a good frame to play in a squad.

Aside from modding volt, look into getting weapons that will synergize with volt! I don't know what mastery rank you are, but volt's abilities work well with high fire rate - long reload, long range guns - assault rifles, where you can activate speed and sit behind a shield (that provides extra damage along with protecting you), with your speed increasing fire rate and reload. Be warned though, this turns him into a bullet hose, and its very easy to run out of ammo like this. 

Volt is also all around great with melee - I used to use polarms with him all the time. I'd personally recommend the tipedo - a MR3 polearm that you can purchase from the market. Its super fast (made faster by volts speed) and has a decent critical and status chance (which, when combined with many hits per second is pretty useful). His speed however can make heavy weapons great too - greatswords and hammers at super fast speeds are oh so much fun. 

Hopefully this helps! 

i have been just maxing out my rank at this point so i haven't really been paying attention to which weapons i choose, as for mods, i have most except Steel Charge, Augar Accord, and Capacitance, as for Augar Accord is it worth it to do this at this point in the game? i've read open world areas are meant to be done once you finish the starchart. I'm silver novice btw.

Archived