Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting into a squad for isolation vaults.

XTROPrime

Question

I've been doing Tier 1 isolation vaults solo and can do them.

I'm finding that Tier 2 and 3 definitely require a squad.   I don't usually join squads, so I'm having some trouble understanding Multplayer mechanics.

Here's what I run into. The Tier 2 and 3 'mothers' are out in the Cambion Drift.  I can't switch from solo to Public in the Drift. I have to do it while on the Orbiter.  So when I get down into the Drift, its as part of an already formed squad. I go to the Mother for Tier 2 or 3 and get that mission. The other's in the squad are doing mining fishing another things and give the mission an X vote.  So I  push the 'Leave the squad button.'  Next thing I know, I'm all alone there and receive no messages from the game,, yet when I tap the Mother, she says a mission is currently in progress.  And it just stays that way. Even when a new player joins the squad, no messages or directions about the mission from the game. The game just sits there, and the Mother tells me again that a mission is currently in progress.

What am I doing wrong?

14 answers to this question

Your getting the wrong players. :tongue:

When you leave squad it's probably best to just go back into the gate to reset mission when it does that.

Tier 1, 2 and 3 can be picked from Mother in Necralisk.

The problem with going to the open worlds as public you join squads you don't want to be in.

You can switch from solo to public from within the Necralisk.

While in the Necralisk ask in chat if anyone is up for some vault runs. Or in Recruitment chat.

I've currently been doing Vaults and Bounties solo for days and days and days now and not getting what I need, so if you want to tag along with me, shoot off a friend request I don't mind depends on your timezone.

Go from ship to necralisk -> set to public now -> talk to mother and choose the bounty quest you want to do -> go to the gate and get out to cambion drift.

At that point you should be appointed to another squad who have chosen the same bounty, or if there are no active squad, people who select that bounty after you will start joining your squad.

That's how every missions go: Set first, then post quest. If there are squads, you will join them. If there are no squads doing it, people will start joining you. If no one joins, probably nobody is doing that quest at that time.

Slayer-.  and Soy77 thank you very much for your answers.

I'm beginning to see where I went wrong.  I was looking in Necralsk and not finding a Isolation Vault mission (for Necralsk the Iso vault bounties are absent for a while sometimes).

Once in the Drift, I found three mothers for Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3.   While soloing, I was picking from those.  Now I get it that those Drift Mothers are for after you complete a mission with the squad you left Necralsk with so that you don't lose your squad by going back to Necralsk.    So its:  Go pubic in Necralsk,  squad assembles  and goes into the Drift,  Do mission selected in Necralsk, then Tier 1 iso vault from one Mother in the Drift, then Tier 2 from a different Mother in the Drift, then Tier 3 from yet another Mother in the Drift.

Three Questions:

1.) If you get killed in Tier 3 (using up your last revive), do you lose the rewards from Tier 1 and Tier 2?  

2.) I have 4 revives when I start a mission. When does the revive count get reset back to 4?

3.) The game picks the player with the best computer setup to be the host. How do I tell if I happen to be the host?  I heard that if you are the host and you  leave the squad before all the squad members have left you, those squad members remaining will go into host migration and possibly lose their quest rewards. If I'm host I want to warn the squad if I leave so they can leave me with more safety.

Slayer-.  I thank you additionally for your kind offer to do the iso vaults with me.  I can do Tier 1 by myself , but Tier 2 and 3 are iffy.  The challenge is that you have to arm for two different enemies.. The Infested, and the Necramechs.   The frame that survives the most for me is Garuda with her claws. She tears up the Infested and uses her secondary on them.  My primary is a Zenith (infinite punch-through) set for radiation.  But the one that usually puts down the mech is my Imperator archgun, set for radiation. (I know there are better weapons - Stropa, Fuluctus, etc -, but it would take a long while for me to get them.) If its more than one Necramech, things get dicey.  But I'm feeling a little down and I might not play today.  Thanks again for offering. I will keep you in mind.

4 hours ago, XTROPrime said:

So its:  Go pubic in Necralsk,  squad assembles  and goes into the Drift,  Do mission selected in Necralsk, then Tier 1 iso vault from one Mother in the Drift, then Tier 2 from a different Mother in the Drift, then Tier 3 from yet another Mother in the Drift.

no problem, man. thanks for being so polite. it's pretty rare nowadays and i really appreciate that.

i know you already got the point, but to avoid unwanted accidents, it's:
Go public in Necralisk, talk to mother and post the quest, then go out to the cambion Drift -squad should be assembled around the time you pass the gate or shortly after you enter cambion drift.

as long as you don't do it mid-quests, you shouldn't worry too much about leaving as hosts. even the most decent people i've met only drop a simple "thanks" and leave.
as the gentleman above me have mentioned, look at the name of squad members on top right of your screen, they should have numbers. number 1 will be the host.

10 hours ago, XTROPrime said:

Slayer-.  I thank you additionally for your kind offer to do the iso vaults with me.  I can do Tier 1 by myself , but Tier 2 and 3 are iffy.  The challenge is that you have to arm for two different enemies.. The Infested, and the Necramechs.   The frame that survives the most for me is Garuda with her claws. She tears up the Infested and uses her secondary on them.  My primary is a Zenith (infinite punch-through) set for radiation.  But the one that usually puts down the mech is my Imperator archgun, set for radiation. (I know there are better weapons - Stropa, Fuluctus, etc -, but it would take a long while for me to get them.) If its more than one Necramech, things get dicey.  But I'm feeling a little down and I might not play today.  Thanks again for offering. I will keep you in mind.

Thank you, I know what it's like not having the gear and the learning curve in the early stages of the game, who am I kidding hell I'm still learning and getting thumped now and then. 

Spoiler

You don't have what I'm running but here is what I use in the Isolation Vaults if curious.

Warframe: Nyx for Vaults and Revenant for Bounties.
Primary: Kuva Ogris - Gas (for the infested)
Pistol: Rattleguts - Radiation (backup incase my mech get thumped from me doing something dumb)
Melee: Stropha - Radiation (backup incase my mech get thumped from me doing something dumb)
Archgun: Morgha: Corrosion (for the infested)
Necramech: Voidrig 4th skill just destroys enemy mechs.

I set radiation on my pistol to take out the mech's arms as a backup and radiation on the stropha, my archgun is set to corrosive, my kuva ogris is set to gas but with added mods of Nightwatch Napalm and Primed Firestorm, what the initial blast misses the big fan of flames sitting there gets more as they get closer to it, my 4th skill on my mech is set to radiation so I can take out all the mechs in a firefight.

If you don't mind, seeing you're using the Imperator archgun I have a few Imperator Vandal archguns sitting in my foundry I can trade you one for a trashy mod like ammo drum I don't mind, though if you're like me I feel weird getting given stuff but like helping out when I can.

p.s the Imperator Vandal archgun does not show in a profile until you get one.

On 2021-01-02 at 9:52 AM, XTROPrime said:

3.) The game picks the player with the best computer setup to be the host.

I wish that was the case, but it's not I have loaded into games where the host was apologizing for having a potato, and complained he didn't have a way to change it to never host. Likewise some of us would like an option to always host, since we have better internet, and rigs than most. The only real work around is still forming groups in recruit, or guild, and choosing your host by who does the invites.

Anyway... If you are on pc and want a hand just ask. I primarily play solo but make time to help those in need. For vaults I recommend playing whatever frame, and weapons you enjoy then use a Voidrig, and Arquebex (radiation) for dealing with the mechs. Arquebex has always been the fastest way to deal with the necramech which is why the Octavia mallet nerf did not make sense, because it was way slower. Sadly the Bonewidow Iron bride is terrible on the Necramech(really really bad). There are other options like armour stripping, the stropha etc, but nothing holds a candle to Arquebex.

On 2021-01-02 at 9:25 PM, XTROPrime said:

I saw the numbers next to the squad members, mind happened to be 13 and that's my mastery rank, so I thought the numbers were mastery rank.

It's the number directly behind the player's name (top right of the screen), black number in a white circle. It's always 1 to 4, never higher. Each player has a unique number. See picture below.

Behind that you see a player icon with number, that's the MR level.

BKItfTW.png

6 hours ago, XTROPrime said:

thanks for the screen shot,  Aazhyd, I see it now.

Thando, that was going to be my next question.   How do you get the Arcana missions?  I don't see them in Necralisk.  Seems like every body goes home after getting the Iso Vaults loot.

You cannot pick Arcana Bounties from within Necralisk, which also means you cannot auto match make until DE maybe fixes it.
You can try and do an organised squad if you want to stuff around in chat.

The Arcana bounties are from the same Mothers that give the Isolation Vault missions.
I've added in the screenshot for ease from the hotfix post.

48b0d93c0c585a754a47fd93649580c1.jpg

Archived