Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Very Minimal Visibility in several menus

Grav_Starstrider

There are a lot of menus that, despite being normal-sized 1920x1080 monitors, see an enormous amount of wasted screenspace. You can see in the below-spoilered images that my outermost HUD margins are set to be just slightly inset from the very far corners, but there is plenty of room for at least one more horizontal and/or vertical column in each of these menus. It'd be nice to be able to scroll through and visually consider 20 Helminth ability options at a time (4x5), or more, instead of the currently minimal 9. 

Spoiler

2FPFgd1.pngObw3LnD.pnglLWWIRa.png

zxa6wYn.png

Note, that the Modding screen (shown below) is an excellent example of allowing the majority of the screen, across one axis at least, to be utilized. However, it actually does something else disconcerting. Instead of having fadeouts/cutoffs for the menu, like the Profile, Foundry, or Helminth menus have, it just pops the mods in and out of existence, visibly, at the very edges of where it currently brings them in/out of view.

Spoiler

Ut50KvK.png

A bit of the best of both worlds would be nice for all 4 menus (and any other applicable ones I've not mentioned here), where the scrollable content occupies a greater majority of the screen, like the modding screen does, and just gracefully either fades out before overlapping with other UI elements, or can run straight off of the edge of the screen. Ideally this is configured to dynamically shift so that people using different custom resolutions can intentionally aim to have more items on-screen at once if they so choose, depending on their scaling. But my UI scaling of 76 feels really comfy, but it really still feels like at this scaling, there should still definitely be a fourth column for the Helminth menu, and it and the Profile menu should definitely scroll straight off of the page, or to the edge of it.

22 hours ago, (PSN)Muralivilla said:

wow that mod screen could use 2 more rows for QoL

You may be being sarcastic, but that is also true, imo. Or at least space them out or upsize them a bit more, so they're more easily viewed, if they don't want to make it overwhelmingly cluttered-looking.

On 2021-01-03 at 10:39 AM, Grav_Starstrider said:

You may be being sarcastic, but that is also true, imo. Or at least space them out or upsize them a bit more, so they're more easily viewed, if they don't want to make it overwhelmingly cluttered-looking.

no I was amazed to see that. This is the First time I came across such a thing that bigger screens will look weird with such huge empty space. The designers are not considering people who will play in bigger screen.

Now this shows what I can expect if I buy a big TV.

On 2021-01-05 at 8:29 AM, (PSN)Muralivilla said:

Now this shows what I can expect if I buy a big TV.

To be fair, the larger the screen, the farther back you will likely be when playing, so I'd personally recommend they pursue the option of scaling up the mods for better visibility, rather than increase clutter by making more and more small rows.

Archived