Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Accounts For Referal Program

TonyFoot

Question

hey guys, quick question:

My friend has a steam account and a warframe account, but mistakenly didn't sign up for WF using steam. So we're back at square one. BUT! with referral, we're hoping that the invitation will get him a new account through steam, so he can use his steam wallet for purchases. Can the referral program be used to grant him a steam account?

if not, how does he sign up for a steam warframe account?

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

There is no such thing as a Steam Warframe Account. All accounts are made on Warframe.com. He can download the game from Steam, and login his Warframe Account from there. There are no differences on how the account is made. No matter it's made from Steam Version of Warframe or Warframe's Official Download. They will still redirect you to this website to create an account.

So if you made a account on warframe using the referral link. You can login on both Steam Version of Warframe and The Official Launcher. 

Edited by AliciaTA

There is no such thing as a Steam Warframe Account. All accounts are made on Warframe.com. He can download the game from Steam, and login his Warframe Account from there. There are no differences on how the account is made. No matter it's made from Steam Version of Warframe or Warframe's Official Download. They will still redirect you to this website to create an account.

So if you made a account on warframe using the referral link. You can login on both Steam Version of Warframe and The Official Launcher. 

There is a difference, actually. Registering via Steam allows you to use the Steam Wallet in platinum/founders purchases.

Anyhow, OP, I think there's already an option to pay via Steam even if you haven't registered through it.

There is a difference, actually. Registering via Steam allows you to use the Steam Wallet in platinum/founders purchases.

Anyhow, OP, I think there's already an option to pay via Steam even if you haven't registered through it.

Actually No. In-Game actually allows you to buy your plat, using steam wallet. It doesn't matter what account you use. It will credit it to the account you are logged into. So There's no difference. I did this before.

Hmm. I think I said this wrong. What we're actually trying to do is get him a founders package before the end date, but when he logged on to purchase, we couldn't find the option for the steam wallet. 

I distinctly remember purchasing both my hunter package and my master upgrade through steam, so I'm not sure what we're doing wrong. I guess what I'm asking is, 'Why can I use my steam wallet and he can't for the founder's program?'

To further clarify, we were not redirected to the steam transaction page, nor was steam ever presented as an option. I'm fairly certain he did not sign up through steam, and that appears to be significant. 

If it IS significant, the how do we go about signing up through steam, and letting his Warframe account access his steam wallet?

Edited by TonyFoot

Also, when trying to buy stuff from this page https://warframe.com/founders (official founder pack page) it asks your Steam account. I suspect it will allow you to use Steam wallet afterwards.

That's just the thing; with his account, it jumps straight to payment options, and does not redirect to the steam wallet. This occurs no matter where he logs in, within steam or without.

I stress the need for the steam wallet because he has the funds for a masters package, no other working method of payment, and less than a week to make the purchase...

Again, how do I get his account to access the steam wallet, and if we can't, how do we go about creating a new account that will do so?  (preferably with my referral code :P )

Edited by TonyFoot