Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

XXL Quality of Life Survey: QoL changes you would like to see in 2021 (with Results)

[DE]Purzzle

>>> Results are in! Click here <<<

Hiho everybody!

A few days ago, I shared a small pre-survey about what Warframe QoL changes we'd like to see in 2021.

Now it's time for the real deal!

Click here for the "XXL QoL Survey"

What's the survey about?

People submitted hundrets of QoL changes and I included some (12) of the more popular ones in this survey.

First up you give your opinion on the different QoL features. Do you like it, dislike it or have no opinion on it?

After that we pitch them against another to see which ones are the most desired features.

Pre-Survey Results

Google Sheet for the full list of submitted changes

Giveaway

As a little thanks for your time, I'll gift a total of 1000 Platinum worth of weapon slots to participants of this survey (PC).
Giveaway ended - currently gifting slots to the winners

Past surveys

Tilesets #1 - Characters - Watching Warframe Content? - Tilesets #2 - Mission Types - Foundry Rush - Quest Difficulty - End of the Year

Cheers!

I am back with another survey, well kinda..

This time around, I'd like to crowdsource a few ideas on QoL in Warframe. In my last survey, participants showed great interest in quality of life changes. Let's find out more!

Link to the survey

What's the plan?

1. You submit Warframe QoL changes you would like to see in 2021.
  2. I read through the responses and compile a list.
  3. A second survey gets posted, allowing people to vote and give their opinions on proposed changes.
  4. I post the results as usual.

You don't have to fill out the survey immediately. I'll collect responses till wednesday and post the second QoL survey on friday.

EDIT: I might not end up using all proposed changes or streamline similar ones

Swapping certain proc effects. Current void proc (magnetic bubble) goes to magnetic. Current magnetic proc (increased shield damage) goes to radiation. Current radiation proc (chaos) goes to void.

Innate 6m vacuum for frames and operators, innate 30m enemy detector and 15m loot detector for frames, operators and necramechs.

Invincible sentinels.

Foundry queue.

A few ideas I suggested in the pre-survey, looking forward to the survey survey in a couple days:

Allow us to slot ayatan stars into ayatans while at Maroo's Bazaar

Give us a craftable item, with cooldown, we can use to rebuild sentinels in mission instead of dying on purpose

Just help a whole bunch of wf's at once and save the devs a ton of time by making all damage abilities have scaling similar to photon strike

none of this would take a lot of development time or cost a lot of money. All quick fixes to make things better without addressing structural flaws to the game. 

• A "current vault status" indicator for prime parts and BPs;  (not vaulted, vault open, or vaulted). This should also be shown when making a reward selection after opening a relic.
• Likewise, a current vault status filter at ducat kiosks.

- Remove the small "ledges" on doors in older tilesets.

- When Bullet Jumping, have it carry the momentum from start to finish. If you're running into a Bullet Jump, it should go faster/farther, for example.

- Improve the LoS requirement by making it exclude most geometry outside of walls.

- Have it so you can save a specific color scheme setup and use it anywhere where applicable.

- Make it so Relics automatically continue with the previous Relic until you switch to another (so if you're using 5 Rad N6's, it'll just automatically pick those unless you pick another until those run out).

- Give Pets a Mod or option to stay completely Passive, only offering their buffs,

- Reduce the K-Drive ragdoll by making it only occur on failed tricks.

- Give Mechs a real crouch ability, instead of a "slow walk", so navigating with them is a bit easier.

- Reduce Grandmother's Captura cost. 50 tokens for a single Captura is a bit much, I'd expect to see 20 or 25 considering how many there are.

- Reduce the cost of Little Duck's Arcanes. Unlike Cetus, every Arcane is 10k each, even the common and uncommon ones. 

- Buff Ramparts, Dargyns and Crewships by making them accept multiple aspects of your loadout. Dargyns and Ramparts should scale off of your Primary Mods, Crewships should take everything applicable from your Railjack into account (speed boosts, damage increases, resistances, etc) while scaling their damage based on enemy level.

- Give Grounded Archguns a special modifier based on what type of gun they are, so a damage increase to Light Units for Fluctus or a Heavy Unit DPS increase to Velocitus.

- Allow all Primaries and Secondaries to use the Sniper Combo Counter.

- Make Bonewidow's Meathook usable with Bonewidow's Shield Maiden, have the hook poking through the shield, and have the enemy add damage reduction to the shield while active.

- Make Voidrigs' Necraweb "slow" effect have a 15 meter radius. Increase the damage of the explosion by making it function similarly to Nova's Antimatter Drop, scaling your damage by 8x (maybe a bit higher since it's just a single hit), but make the damage type guarantee a fire proc. You can now hold to charge the canister to double the explosion damage, or double the Necraweb range. 

- Make Voidrigs' Minelayer ability function as more of a "trap" than a "shotgun" by making the mines only explode when enemies come near while removing their duration. The mines should also release from the mech in a circular pattern around it, and not in a cone in front of it. 

- Make Voidrigs' Storm Shroud heal based on the damage the Necraweb deals. If you are close to Minelayer, you will "charge" the mines, doubling their damage while making them proc Radiation.

- Regeneration rework for companions, make it universal and make it work like Dijinn or Vulpaphyla. Vulpas and dijinn get better a version of it or a new mod.

- parazon mods for more vaccum range, enemy radar and loot radar (merging all loot and enemy radars into 1 mod to avoid clutter, but some mods could be "specialized" in one of them, so people still would need them in case they want even more range for something specific)

- parazon for the operator

For foundry:

-Crafting more than 1 instance of the same thing (instead of 1 Fomorian disruptor at a time, craft 10 at once for 10x longer crafting time). 

For rivens:

-Splitting Rifle riven mods into rivens for bows, snipers, launchers and rifles. 

-Splitting Pistol riven mods into rivens for pistols and throwing blades. 

Aura mods:

-Have all of them grant the same amount of mod capacity (whether they reduce or increase it to the same amount, it matters not to me).

Railjack:

-Display which resources drop in which region, just like Star Chart map.

Archguns:

-Exilus mod slot (Ammo Chain, Shell Rush, Ballista Measure and Resolute Focus could fit in), unlockable with Weapon Exilus adapter.

Shotguns:

-Recoil reduction mods

Confirmation button when exiting warframe's appearance menu in arsenal. "do you want to keep these colors?"

i use controllers and have accidentally pressed "randomize looks" one too many times. Fyi it randomize EVERYTHING. Down to every single attachments and regalias. And there seem to be no method to undo it.

More customization/toggle for fashion such as:

Equinox being able to use any Day with any Night fashion.

Gara Glass staying even after using her ability.

Nidus mutation fashion always on.

Chroma without his pelt cause screw it it's really funny.

Gauss and his things

Invisible abilities with Invisibility effect like Wisp where you can still see what your warframe looks.

Protea without turrets in her body

Xaku keeping their stuff always on or always removed

Can't remember anything else

1. Foundry Queue Crafting. You can set the foundry to set to craft X amount of items automatically.
  2. Reducing MR requirements of auto slotting Ayatan sculpture.
  3. Ranking up in MR should grant a free Warframe and a free weapon slot. This will help new players tremendously.
  4. Confirmation window before randomizing appearance. It’s annoying that you accidentally clicked on it and ruined your fashion.
  5. Mass transmutation. You can transmute with more than 4 mod cards that grant you one random mod every 4 mod cards. For example if I transmute 80 cards I get 20 random mod cards.
  6. Option to host and and option to opt out of hosting. This will help reduce the amount of host with bad internet and/or bad hardware.
  7. Ignore function should prevent matchmaking to match with ignored players.
  8. Trade in Syndicate items for standing using the syndicate consoles.
  9. Purchase Syndicate items for standing using the syndicate consoles.
  10. Allowing to restock Railjack payload at the Orbiter and Social Hubs.
  11. Checkpoint system in missions. Rewards are saved at every certain interval so if the player loses connection their progress is not completely lost.
  12. Extractors should be able to be deployed in Railjack Proxima Regions to mine Railjack resources.
  13. Extractors can be deployed in Free Roam regions to mine their exclusive resources.
  14. Allowing to donate items to the clan vault and contributing to Clan Research without having to enter the dojo. Maybe using the Clan UI under communication?

1 )

Changes to how Forma and/or Polarities work! 
At this point, using several Forma (especially on Warframes) is more restrictive for build diversity, flexibility and new mods than helpful. 
Allow us to toggle between installed Polarities (For example: Foma a slot four times, then you can toggle between the four Polarities on this one slot), or allow different Loadouts to have different Polarities installed.
That way you can actually make use of different builds, which would also be a step away from some "mandatory" mod - setups.

2)

More collectibles in missions, as another tiny random reward and reason to replay "normal" missions. 
For example: Give every enemy a tiny chance to drop a "picture fragment" and when you have collected a certain number from a specific enemy, you get a tiny picture of it as decoration for your Orbiter or Dojo. Make it so you can have multiples, so you can collect many of those.

Finding things like Ayatans feels nice, imo, so having more things like that would be appreciated.

3) 
Housing Hubs.  

4) 

A city tileset.
We would have a lot more reason to care about the Corpus/Grineer/Infested/Sentient victims, if we saw more of what is at stake. 
Warframe has introduced some of those in recent years, with Ostrons and Fortuna, but those are small hubs. 
A civilian city would give more sense of urgency and gives us a reason to defeat the threats to the Origin System.
Defend it from Grineer Assault, find Corpus Infiltrators or fight back Infestation from getting into the city. 

5)

Getting rid of mandatory mods or reworking modding. 
For example (not necessarily a very good one): Having a limited number of slots for damage mod, a limited number of utility slots, and so on.

6) 
Multiple useful mods, that change the same ability, instead of "only" having one possible enhancement/sidegrade/downgrade.

7)
Extra modslots and mods to change the look of abilities? 
This is not inherently useful to gameplay, but cosmetics could be quite sought after for "endgame"-grind. 

8)
Conclave rework and rebalancing.
Also more tiers, instead of getting thrown into the same pool as everyone else after you reach Tier 2 (or 3?). 
Currently it feels like you get out of the PvP Tutorial and get thrown into the damn Endbossfight, except there are multiple endbosses and they are all better equipped than you, if there even is someone playing, so good luck having fun or "get gud", when you can`t even play against Bots to learn anything and earn your mods. 
That is not how you get people to play a game-mode.

9) 
More "fun" game-modes, outside the grind and "normal" gameplay.
Paintball-mode, Nightvision-mode.. Maybe even without mod - upgrades or "real" rewards, so it would be simply played with skill and for fun. 
I am pretty sure, a lot of people will see this as childish, or "not Warframe", but I am also pretty sure, that would be something that would be played a lot.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

- Give Pets a Mod or option to stay completely Passive, only offering their buffs,

I think this has been asked hundreds times already, Ive personally asked this a bunch of times whenever DE talked about 'reworking companions' but nope, even spectres can be ordered to stay put, but not pets, they will suicide rush into enemies as soon as you merely swing a weapon.

My personal desires:

-Competent work of warframes skills.

-Changing the abilities of some warframes in a modern way, as well as reworking outdated warframes (I would like to see the reworking of Volt).

-redesign of grineer levels, for the convenience of passing them.

-improving the work of allied AI (spectra / lich Kuva, etc., companions).

-Expansion of lore information in cephalon fragments.

-Adding more augment mods for warframes, as well as creating a separate slot in the warframe configuration for augment mods (1 slot).

-New Primed Mods, for example: "streamline", "stretch" and so on.

Thanks for attention.

If there are errors in the text, then I apologize in advance - I used a translator

- Clans having descriptions and rules readable in their Clan menu (outside the message of the day, in a way that alows for lots of text to be added)
- Clans having options to limit the research that can be replicated for sertain clan ranks or based on contributions (so that the more a player contributes to the clan the more research they can replicate)
- Being able to use all orbiter segments in the clan Dojo (either as placable decorations or as a clan room)

In order of importance: (1 being the most)

1) Mod slots being able to take on multiple polarities

2) Retain EXP and items obtained even after host migration and kick 

3) Able to use previously mastered weapons' look as skins for other weapons, converting them into universal skins. (Yes, not all will be possible and that's ok)

4) Ability to specify length of mission in advance so players would not recklessly abandon mission midway

4 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Does DE even see these surveys? don't get me wrong i like what you're doing but seems like a waste of time

It's a fun little thing to do even if DE doesn't see it, it's not entirely pointless

But given that they're not soulless it is possible for them to have a look at them, heck maybe someone already does but doesn't comment on it.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

It's a fun little thing to do even if DE doesn't see it, it's not entirely pointless

But given that they're not soulless it is possible for them to have a look at them, heck maybe someone already does but doesn't comment on it.

seems like the kind of thing {DE] staff should be doing on a yearly or half yearly basis, imagine all the good QoL changes that would bring and not just nerfs and disappointments

I have some what I would like to have.

- Unarmed meele combat if you no equip any weapons.

- Remove the small blocks, ledges on older maps which blocks you when you try bulletjump, also rework some older map to be more parkour viable.

- Give sentinels a revive-self regeneration time and make it universal to all sentinels.

- Buff the sentinel weapons and add variations

- Make able to customize our warframes fully like Banshee shoulder be removable or put on the other side too. (There are similar to many frames)

- Buff the secondary, shotgun, sniper ammo drops to be on pair with primary also fix some ammo eating secondary to be more ammo efficient or stronger "akzani for example".

- Fix the spawns on certain maps, also bugs what interupt mission due bad spawns or unreachable enemies.

Archived