Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

XXL Quality of Life Survey: QoL changes you would like to see in 2021 (with Results)

[DE]Purzzle

Some things i guess

• a toggle to turn on for our Necramechs similar to having our pets marked. This way we can locate them on the map and through their assigned icons. It helps reduce confusion when transferred out as operator and trying to go back while in combat
  • Have our secondary weapon chosen by default instead when summoning our K-drives while having none if unarmed
  • when extracting,  keep all chatboxes enabled. I sometimes want to complement the group or talk to someone who wants to buy something from me but the long wait involved loading mission results prevents me from doing so
  • Necramechs should not lose track of the last status they are in after trasferring out as operator or immediately summoned back unless a 5 sec timer elapsed or an archwing was summoned. Currently, it is annoying to deploy Storm Shroud, Iron Maiden & iron Bride again and again after using the operator. The flow of fighting sequences will be smoother and more energy efficient if done this way

On 2021-01-02 at 2:06 PM, Xaero said:

Innate 6m vacuum for frames and operators

Nope that would be terrible since there are times I don't want to pick stuff up.  Like life support, or mods that need to be scanned for nightwave. I can dig sentinels not being dead all the time though.

I'd like to see arc traps be secondary fire on the simaris scanner. Maybe a combined launcher for archwing, and archguns like a tap for archgun hold for archwing type thing. There are some other things they could combine also that would free up more binds on the gear wheel, say tap for health pizza, hold for armour pizza, tap for energy, hold for ammo, tap for fishing spear hold for tranq gun. Just anything to give more options for key binds. the first gear wheel slots are not enough. They could even make those adjustable by designating 2 items per slot in the gear wheel one for tap, one for hold. 

IMO, Warframe really needs to improve visibility and situational awareness.  As such, I propose 3 QoL changes:

1. HP bars on top of all enemies that can be sensed (based on your Enemy Radar range).
2. Outline all loot that can be sensed (based on your Loot Radar range).
3. For enemies within Enemy Radar range but not in front of you, put red arrows to the sides so you know where to turn.

This is a beautiful (if chaotic) game.  It's a shame that I have to stare at the minimap all the time.

On 2021-01-02 at 8:32 PM, Purzzle said:

Hiho everybody!

A few days ago, I shared a small pre-survey about what Warframe QoL changes we'd like to see in 2021.

Now it's time for the real deal!

Click here for the "XXL QoL Survey"

What's the survey about?

People submitted hundrets of QoL changes and I included some (12) of the more popular ones in this survey.

First up you give your opinion on the different QoL features. Do you like it, dislike it or have no opinion on it?

After that we pitch them against another to see which ones are the most desired features.

Pre-Survey Results

Google Sheet for the full list of submitted changes

Giveaway

As a little thanks for your time, I'll gift a total of 1000 Platinum worth of weapon slots to participants of this survey (PC).

Past surveys

Tilesets #1 - Characters - Watching Warframe Content? - Tilesets #2 - Mission Types - Foundry Rush - Quest Difficulty - End of the Year

Cheers!

I am back with another survey, well kinda..

This time around, I'd like to crowdsource a few ideas on QoL in Warframe. In my last survey, participants showed great interest in quality of life changes. Let's find out more!

Link to the survey

What's the plan?

1. You submit Warframe QoL changes you would like to see in 2021.
  2. I read through the responses and compile a list.
  3. A second survey gets posted, allowing people to vote and give their opinions on proposed changes.
  4. I post the results as usual.

You don't have to fill out the survey immediately. I'll collect responses till wednesday and post the second QoL survey on friday.

EDIT: I might not end up using all proposed changes or streamline similar ones

Just give me foundry q , an upgraded waypoint system and kill the door ledges and I'm good.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)C11H22O11:

I couldn't tell if some were repeating themselves

Checked them a couple of times, there are no dupes.
I do agree that I went a bit too far with the second part (which is why I cut it down by 11 questions after the first day).

I'm done working through the data and work on the visualizations rn, hoping to post results on Thursday Wednesday.

Don't worry if you've just seen the survey, I will add data right up the point when I post the results.

On 2021-01-04 at 12:21 AM, Nichivo said:

Nope that would be terrible since there are times I don't want to pick stuff up.  Like life support, or mods that need to be scanned for nightwave. I can dig sentinels not being dead all the time though.

I'd like to see arc traps be secondary fire on the simaris scanner. Maybe a combined launcher for archwing, and archguns like a tap for archgun hold for archwing type thing. There are some other things they could combine also that would free up more binds on the gear wheel, say tap for health pizza, hold for armour pizza, tap for energy, hold for ammo, tap for fishing spear hold for tranq gun. Just anything to give more options for key binds. the first gear wheel slots are not enough. They could even make those adjustable by designating 2 items per slot in the gear wheel one for tap, one for hold. 

The universal vac is worth some people not liking it. The sacrifice of you not being able to not pick things up once and a while is worth the vast QOL improvement for the vast majority of players.

DE please keep it in mind that only an extremely small amount of players would be bothered by this change. It’s well worth it to do it despite the small amount of protests.

2 hours ago, BDMblue said:

The universal vac is worth some people not liking it. The sacrifice of you not being able to not pick things up once and a while is worth the vast QOL improvement for the vast majority of players.

DE please keep it in mind that only an extremely small amount of players would be bothered by this change. It’s well worth it to do it despite the small amount of protests.

Was about to upvote this post, but I had to read it again to understand that it said the exact opposite of what I first read it as.

The previous post you mentioned already gave you a different solution.  Univac already exists. All companions have vacuum mods. Mods allow player to decide what they want active.  The previous post said that they agreed with sentinels that don't die as much. Non-dead companions  =Univac.

Personally would like companions to still die, it gives sentinels permission to be more powerful than legged companions. With legged companions allowing a bleed out state. If sentinels need a non-survival buff, go for it. I like to stick to my huras kubrow and moa, so I will admit I am not sure about how they balance out.

Not that it means much to people on this forums, but I like the fact that vacuum was an upgrade I got to sentinels and later legged companions. 

I mainly played with my huras from when I got it, till the release of fortuna without the use of a vacuum mod. ~2 years. It has now been 2 years since the fetch mod has been released.  So, roughly half of my game time was played without univac and half with. For that first half I still chose to stick to my huras over sentinels with vacuum. So, I still think univac is being pushed for too hard for something that already exists. 

2 hours ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Was about to upvote this post, but I had to read it again to understand that it said the exact opposite of what I first read it as.

The previous post you mentioned already gave you a different solution.  Univac already exists. All companions have vacuum mods. Mods allow player to decide what they want active.  The previous post said that they agreed with sentinels that don't die as much. Non-dead companions  =Univac.

Personally would like companions to still die, it gives sentinels permission to be more powerful than legged companions. With legged companions allowing a bleed out state. If sentinels need a non-survival buff, go for it. I like to stick to my huras kubrow and moa, so I will admit I am not sure about how they balance out.

Not that it means much to people on this forums, but I like the fact that vacuum was an upgrade I got to sentinels and later legged companions. 

I mainly played with my huras from when I got it, till the release of fortuna without the use of a vacuum mod. ~2 years. It has now been 2 years since the fetch mod has been released.  So, roughly half of my game time was played without univac and half with. For that first half I still chose to stick to my huras over sentinels with vacuum. So, I still think univac is being pushed for too hard for something that already exists. 

This is the kind of thing that confuses Devs and leads to inaction for yet another year. 

Those who who don’t want this for X reason are blowing smoke. Who really has a build so week that you need to pick x thing up at x time or the build fails? No content is that hard. It’s like being at 2 ends of the spectrum at once. A harder than normal way to play with a build only a veteran could make and the power of only a new player so you need it.

No one needs this really. Those who fuss on about it can take a hit. Why not instead of punishing the vast majority of players with a mod slot we push that burden onto the few who don’t want vac? They can take a mod to turn it off. 

Hiho everybody!

A few days ago, I shared a survey to get your opinions on QoL features people would like to have in Warframe.

Today I want to show you the results!

What QoL features/changes?

• Fixed Waypoints
  • Unbind Syndicate reputation from cosmetics
  • Universal Vacuum
  • Select/dissolve "all but one" for mods
  • Remove door ledges
  • Search function for Navigation
  • Opt out of hosting
  • Foundry queue
  • "Hide mastered" for Foundry and vendors
  • Combine Warframe, Operator and Vehicle loadouts
  • Timed auto-revive for companions
  • Default sprinting (was omitted later on to make the survey more bearable)

Results

• Opinions
Spoiler

EMerRa7.png

Spoiler

eeq9IlH.png

Spoiler

Eh0Hlgi.png

• When shown two features and asked to pick one of them
Spoiler

Gl1LlUD.png

All survey data: Crowd sourced QoL features | Opinions on QoL features

Who am I?

I'm just some veteran that has been playing Warframe for over 4 years now. I'm not affiliated with DE. If you have any questions, just ask in the comments or send me a pm.

What's next?

Quick poll to decide the next survey topic

Cheers!

On 2021-01-12 at 2:03 PM, BDMblue said:

I actually suggested the fetch mod for kubrow the day they released, and I would bet it's somewhere on these very forums in the archives. I am going to maintain that not being able to turn off vacuum removes an option from people rather then improving the quality of life. I would still defend those who think differently if I was on the pro vacuum side of the fence. At the end of the day more options is always better than less options from my point of view. 

On 2021-01-02 at 1:22 PM, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

- Remove the small "ledges" on doors in older tilesets.

- When Bullet Jumping, have it carry the momentum from start to finish. If you're running into a Bullet Jump, it should go faster/farther, for example.

- Improve the LoS requirement by making it exclude most geometry outside of walls.

- Have it so you can save a specific color scheme setup and use it anywhere where applicable.

- Make it so Relics automatically continue with the previous Relic until you switch to another (so if you're using 5 Rad N6's, it'll just automatically pick those unless you pick another until those run out).

- Give Pets a Mod or option to stay completely Passive, only offering their buffs,

- Reduce the K-Drive ragdoll by making it only occur on failed tricks.

- Give Mechs a real crouch ability, instead of a "slow walk", so navigating with them is a bit easier.

- Reduce Grandmother's Captura cost. 50 tokens for a single Captura is a bit much, I'd expect to see 20 or 25 considering how many there are.

- Reduce the cost of Little Duck's Arcanes. Unlike Cetus, every Arcane is 10k each, even the common and uncommon ones. 

- Buff Ramparts, Dargyns and Crewships by making them accept multiple aspects of your loadout. Dargyns and Ramparts should scale off of your Primary Mods, Crewships should take everything applicable from your Railjack into account (speed boosts, damage increases, resistances, etc) while scaling their damage based on enemy level.

- Give Grounded Archguns a special modifier based on what type of gun they are, so a damage increase to Light Units for Fluctus or a Heavy Unit DPS increase to Velocitus.

- Allow all Primaries and Secondaries to use the Sniper Combo Counter.

- Make Bonewidow's Meathook usable with Bonewidow's Shield Maiden, have the hook poking through the shield, and have the enemy add damage reduction to the shield while active.

- Make Voidrigs' Necraweb "slow" effect have a 15 meter radius. Increase the damage of the explosion by making it function similarly to Nova's Antimatter Drop, scaling your damage by 8x (maybe a bit higher since it's just a single hit), but make the damage type guarantee a fire proc. You can now hold to charge the canister to double the explosion damage, or double the Necraweb range. 

- Make Voidrigs' Minelayer ability function as more of a "trap" than a "shotgun" by making the mines only explode when enemies come near while removing their duration. The mines should also release from the mech in a circular pattern around it, and not in a cone in front of it. 

- Make Voidrigs' Storm Shroud heal based on the damage the Necraweb deals. If you are close to Minelayer, you will "charge" the mines, doubling their damage while making them proc Radiation.

Great ideas

Archived