Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minor Feature Additions To Increase Sanity

[DE]Momaw

1.) Portals should not be automatically used. They should require either a "use" activation, or to be shot just before hitting them. Players being able to teleport me against my will is NOT acceptable.

2.) Bounce pads: See above.

3.) XP for ally kills should not be limited by range. It's completely silly that one player can rush ahead of everybody else, massacre everything with their overpowered AOE attacks, and nobody else gets any XP for the mission because they were too far away.

4.) Corpus doors should either be closed, or laser-gated. Not both at the same time.

AS FOR #'S 1 AND 2 - MOST PLAYERS WILL JUST TELL U TO NOT WALK INTO THEM IF U DON'T WANT THEM TO AFFECT U.

#3 HAS BEEN ADDRESSED FOR A PRETTY GOOD RANGE - HOWEVER, I DO AGREE TO THE POINT MADE PREVIOUSLY THAT IT SHOULD BE SIMPLY MADE THAT ALL PLAYERS GET THE EXP IN MISSION, REGARDLESS OF RANGE. BASICALLY, MISSION SHARE, NOT RANGE SHARE.

edit: however, what to do about the leechers that join the mission and do nothing? run out of range of them when killing and they don't take any portion of gained exp. meaning the other members take more, since mob spawns are based on total player count. so 4-player count mobs being killed by 3 players yields those 3 players each more exp and the leecher gets nothing. but this doesn't work in def missions due to how much smaller the map is.

#4... FULL SPRINT + SLIDE (SOMETIMES SLIDE + MELEE ATTACK) BYPASSES LASERS. MYSELF, AND A LOT OF OTHER PLAYERS, DO IT ALL THE TIME. ALTHOUGH JUST RUNNING INTO THEM KNOCKS YOU BACK / DOWN.

Edited by ALL.CAPS.GUY

MOST PLAYERS WILL JUST TELL U TO NOT WALK INTO THEM IF U DON'T WANT THEM TO AFFECT U.

And then they put one *on* you because they're trolls.

No. Auto use for your own stuff and triggered for everybody else.

#4... FULL SPRINT + SLIDE (SOMETIMES SLIDE + MELEE ATTACK) BYPASSES LASERS. MYSELF, AND MOST OTHER PLAYERS, DO IT ALL THE TIME. ALTHOUGH JUST RUNNING INTO THEM KNOCKS YOU BACK / DOWN.

I know how to bypass the laser gate. The problem is when the door is closed and you don't see that there's a gate until the door starts to open. It's a lot harder to do the move properly when you have 5 milliseconds to observe and react.

as for your 1 and 2 I don't agree.  It can be really annoying when people troll with those powers, but when used correctly by teammates it can be very helpful. If i had to stop and activate them it would make them harder to use efficiently.