Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Which now brings to question. Who tf is subsuming Reave onto frames?

Well,  that's an easy question. OP's teammate, apparently.

 

 

 

And no one else.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Which now brings to question. Who tf is subsuming Reave onto frames?

It's not a bad choice for a Helminth ability. It's invulnerability phase, status cleanse, health/shield restore, scaling damage and potential for blind if you use the augment. There is a lot going on there, more than most other subsume abilities. 

There are better options in most scenarios but it could being a good panic button ability to reset shield gate while Rolling Guard was on cooldown. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

It's not a bad choice for a Helminth ability. It's invulnerability phase, status cleanse, health/shield restore, scaling damage and potential for blind if you use the augment. There is a lot going on there, more than most other subsume abilities. 

There are better options in most scenarios but it could being a good panic button ability to reset shield gate while Rolling Guard was on cooldown. 

It’s literally considered one of the worst Subsume options.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s literally considered one of the worst Subsume options.

Roar is considered one of the best subsume abilities but, there is very little content (if any) that requires more damage than we already have. I'd take Reave over Roar in almost every situation. 

You might consider it one of the worst or some random content creator might have placed at the bottom of their tier list but, it's still better than about half of the other possible choices IMO. A lot of people don't see any use in utility or crowd control abilities on their frames though. It's just personal preference so what's considered best/worst really only matters to the person playing.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Berzerkules said:

Roar is considered one of the best subsume abilities but, there is very little content (if any) that requires more damage than we already have. I'd take Reave over Roar in almost every situation. 

You might consider it one of the worst or some random content creator might have placed at the bottom of their tier list but, it's still better than about half of the other possible choices IMO. A lot of people don't see any use in utility or crowd control abilities on their frames though. It's just personal preference so what's considered best/worst really only matters to the person playing.

Well your opinion is wrong.

your comparing a utility ability to a buff ability. You should be comparing Reave to dispenser. And dispense gives a lot more than health.

Edited by (XBOX)GearsMatrix301
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Berzerkules said:

A lot of people don't see any use in utility or crowd control abilities on their frames though. It's just personal preference so what's considered best/worst really only matters to the person playing.


On paper it has nice features but in reality it's not so good:
- slow & vulnerable start

- not precise control: fix

- you can stun enemies with other abilities more reliably (Inaros, Volt, Equinox to name few)

-health/shield regen wasn't good (I haven't tested it too much so there might be error)

 

It's has many features but it's not master of any. Just like Xakus 4th. Xaku's 4th has: speed boost, slowing enemies and damage buff. However speed bust is ridiculous (20%) and you need to spam it to get 2 other buffs because it's not an aura.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Roar is considered one of the best subsume abilities but, there is very little content (if any) that requires more damage than we already have. I'd take Reave over Roar in almost every situation. 

You might consider it one of the worst or some random content creator might have placed at the bottom of their tier list but, it's still better than about half of the other possible choices IMO. A lot of people don't see any use in utility or crowd control abilities on their frames though. It's just personal preference so what's considered best/worst really only matters to the person playing.

At the end of the day, if you like it keep it.  🙂
Taking it off and subsuming something else costs very very little, so try it out and if it suits your play style thats great.
If later you find something much better (for example Hildryn's PILLAGE) then swapping it costs next to nothing.

Remember, extracting subsumable abilities is what costs a lot of resources. 
Installing subsumed abilities is dirt cheap.  🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny that someone would mention Roar, because Rhino can use Reave + Roar and a single viral proc to oneshot anything with enough ability strength, making it a more than reasonable option if you want to meme as hard as possible while still having a kind of viable build.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...