Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Prime

(PSN)DemonExia

56 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

ALL frames will get a prime, DE have stated this multiple times. Umbras are not a guarantee.

he'll be out in a year or so, after our next female Primes, which I believe are Gara and Octavia.

Still though, a Nidus Umbra would make a little more sense than a Prime for him. An Umbra, DE could probably add some golden infested parts to him instead of golden metal parts. And him walking on his own could be because he does come from Helminth, maybe Heli gave him some autonomy to move around.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)InductiveBag46 said:

Same mf tread every other week i swear

I'm actually gonna be a little sad to see it go. Not unlike the '2-handed Nikana when?' threads that continued literally until the day of release.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Still though, a Nidus Umbra would make a little more sense than a Prime for him. An Umbra, DE could probably add some golden infested parts to him instead of golden metal parts. And him walking on his own could be because he does come from Helminth, maybe Heli gave him some autonomy to move around.

The prime could be robotic and unfold as it powers up. Or... put a key in its head!

8 hours ago, BDMblue said:

The prime could be robotic and unfold as it powers up. Or... put a key in its head!

I don't know, I feel like slapping some metal or gold bits on nidus goes against the design of the frame in a way.  Much along the lines of something like an Umbra, I'd like to see a departure from the usual Primes and have something like an Ancient or Ascendant Nidus; not some sleek biomechanical marvel, but one just absolutely, ruinously overtaken by the Infestation and as such borrows their naming convention.

I'm kinda worried if they go just the regular route and slap the orokin marble and gold on him, it's just going to be a worse version of the Phryke skin.

Spoiler

at least if it is worse, you can always just slap the Phryke over it.

On 2021-01-04 at 12:02 AM, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Still though, a Nidus Umbra would make a little more sense than a Prime for him.

How? Nidus is just a frame that leans more into the Helminth Infested powers than the other frames. All frames are based off the Helminth strain of Infestation (whoever keeps saying Primes are purely mechanical is genuinely not reading the literal words that DE wrote into the game), so a Prime exists for every single frame.

An Umbra, however, is a frame created under 'unique' circumstances, according to the Quest we got explaining it, where the strength of the individual used to create the frame, whether mental strength or emotional, twists the design and changes the desired outcome.

Umbral style Nidus isn't off the table, but it is unlikely compared to, say, any of the base 8 original frames.

8 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

An Umbra, however, is a frame created under 'unique' circumstances, according to the Quest we got explaining it, where the strength of the individual used to create the frame, whether mental strength or emotional, twists the design and changes the desired outcome.

Um...what? Umbra is another strain of the Infestation, derived from Helminth. Nothing "unique" about the circumstances.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Um...what? Umbra is another strain of the Infestation, derived from Helminth. Nothing "unique" about the circumstances.

No. It's precisely the opposite.

The only reason that Umbra is any different from an Excal is because of the circumstances of his creation. It was already laid out that this is something that happens in the Mirage Prime trailer.

All Warframes come from the Helminth strain. It's right there, in text and voice lines, that the Helminth strain is what was originally used to create the Warframes, before the Tenno were even discovered to have Transference powers.

The entire quest is about how Umbra was different because of his emotional trauma and it was our Tenno that was able to give him peace. Ballas is even quoted in the quest as explaining that this is why the Orokin failed to control the Warframes where the Tenno succeeded.

Did you literally not play through that quest?

2 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

No. It's precisely the opposite.

The only reason that Umbra is any different from an Excal is because of the circumstances of his creation. It was already laid out that this is something that happens in the Mirage Prime trailer.

All Warframes come from the Helminth strain. It's right there, in text and voice lines, that the Helminth strain is what was originally used to create the Warframes, before the Tenno were even discovered to have Transference powers.

The entire quest is about how Umbra was different because of his emotional trauma and it was our Tenno that was able to give him peace. Ballas is even quoted in the quest as explaining that this is why the Orokin failed to control the Warframes where the Tenno succeeded.

Did you literally not play through that quest?

Did you also not pay attention that Ballas infected him with a specialized strain that he tweaked? Not the normal strain that all other frames come from. Nothing about his "trauma" is what made him Umbra, it was the specific strain that he was infected with. This strain is what kept him lucid to witness his son's death. That trauma is not what allowed him to keep his sentience.

Edit: I believe it is a tweaked strain because I believe that when the other frames are made, their transformation is a matter of hours to mere minutes, not like Umbra where it looks like days are taking place. Ballas could very easily tweak the Infestation to where it takes the transformation even longer to take hold.

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Did you also not pay attention that Ballas infected him with a specialized strain that he tweaked? Not the normal strain that all other frames come from. Nothing about his "trauma" is what made him Umbra, it was the specific strain that he was infected with. This strain is what kept him lucid to witness his son's death. That trauma is not what allowed him to keep his sentience.

Nothing in the quests mention anything about a special strain. The only thing that they mention that makes Umbra unique is the transference bolt which is probably the reason why he's able to have sentience

Ordis: Uncertain if any Tenno has linked with this design. The Transference bolt seems different, but we cannot build this without more data.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Did you also not pay attention that Ballas infected him with a specialized strain that he tweaked?

Show me where it says that, please, I'm interested to know what ever gives you this impression.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Nothing about his "trauma" is what made him Umbra

The actual end of the quest is us, the player, progressing through Umbra's mind to quell his mental trauma, to give him peace. That's the be-all and end-all of the quest's purpose.

It is showing us not only how Ballas made Warframes with the Helminth, but that he even used this process to punish his political enemies.

The only difference between Umbra and a basic Excal is the transference bolt being slightly different (which could be any one of several reasons, the primary one of which being that Ballas wanted him to have a memory of his past) and the fact that Ballas made him kill his own son on the way out so that the act would be the one thing that Umbra remembers.

In the quest we see that, indeed, this is the only thing Umbra remembers, it's what makes him howl, it's what makes him rebel. It's the grief that makes him different.

There is no reference to a different strain of Infested, only reference to what Ballas hopes to achieve. The only thing noted by the quest as being different is the bolt, and the modifications there could be what give him any semblance of his memories.

If the only difference between him and other frames is his memories, then it's the memories, the trauma they caused, that make Umbra different from any other frame.

Archived