What to do with AFKers in Operation Orphix?

What do with people that just stand still and afk during missions especially operation Orphix?

Anyway to report them or combat with this kind of behavior? 

Today i have met with 3 AFKers during Orphix and i don't like that at all. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Demiurgon said:

What do with people that just stand still and afk during missions especially operation Orphix?

Get your evidence for a report, then coordinate with the non leechers to leave the mission and restart. 

Make the leecher go through a host migration as their plan is temporarily foiled, and give your evidence to support later. 

• Like 5

I've seen a few people afk the second half of a run. They realize that at that point everyone else has already invested almost 30 minutes into a run, since rewards scale the farther you progress the chances of people just leaving drops off. It's the worst. 

But yeah, all you can do is call them out on it to draw attention to the rest of the squad and report. 

• Like 4

Got all maximized energize/avanger/guardian....now im tired to farm(burn out). Waiting for scarlet spear to farm the rest...orphix is too grind for my taste.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Demiurgon said:

u had 3 afkers no 1 was even checking what u do

what prevented u from leaving?

i usually draw enemies into the afkers in regular missions or use vauban's vector pads to play ping pong with them when i play vauban.

not yet sure how best way to deal with mech afkers, prolly step one would still work

23 minutes ago, Psianide73 said:

He didn't say all 3 were in the same run.

Why so defensive?

even so what was preventing him from leaving?
i assume he did go with randoms since that most likely dont happen in pre made squads

so what is the problem here?

i leave if go to hydron to level up gun and frost is in my squad which sets snow globe on cryopod which prevents me from killing enemies inside that globe while im outside of it or even if glob is between me and enemy with said gun i dont even bother to ask if he care to stop setting him up

so i can just leave squad if i find even 1 squad member doing something i dont like but he cant?

and even if he was encountering them in different runs then 1 person being afk is not a big deal if he didnt come unprepared that should not matter so that would mean its only about a way to punish someone just for sake of punishing someone

and if he was not prepared for the mission then why not just simply leave if squad dont fit his needs?

whats the goal here? whats the problem here? i would just leave like any1 else could

and if they would not be afk but do like idk 5 damage per hit? where does that fit? would he need means to punish players who almost dont contribute like afkers?

or would he be fine with unprepared player in his squad cause that would mean its not problem with squad member dragging him down but with no means to punish someone for X thing

again what is the point here in all of this? idea is to have means to punish player just so he can or to have efficient squads?
since for me the former is stupid and latter is easily achieved with just leaving squads that dont fit his needs so he can find other proper one and as last resort using recruit chat

• Like 2

Anytime I see this, I just lead enemies to them, get them killed, and leave them there. To my knowledge, if it's still active, if you don't get kills/etc to a criteria, you don't get credit. 

I figure if they stay dead with revives left, the system might kick in, and they get zip.

Otherwise reports are about it sadly, and a vote kick system would be abused AF. Just look at R6 and games with raids with those options...

Do events have different logic to regular endurance missions?

I've often seen a message indicating that you are not eligible for a reward for a specific rotation due to a lack of activity. This only really happened to me in a long defense with friends.

3 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

even so what was preventing him from leaving?
i assume he did go with randoms since that most likely dont happen in pre made squads

so what is the problem here?

i leave if go to hydron to level up gun and frost is in my squad which sets snow globe on cryopod which prevents me from killing enemies inside that globe while im outside of it or even if glob is between me and enemy with said gun i dont even bother to ask if he care to stop setting him up

so i can just leave squad if i find even 1 squad member doing something i dont like but he cant?

and even if he was encountering them in different runs then 1 person being afk is not a big deal if he didnt come unprepared that should not matter so that would mean its only about a way to punish someone just for sake of punishing someone

and if he was not prepared for the mission then why not just simply leave if squad dont fit his needs?

whats the goal here? whats the problem here? i would just leave like any1 else could

and if they would not be afk but do like idk 5 damage per hit? where does that fit? would he need means to punish players who almost dont contribute like afkers?

or would he be fine with unprepared player in his squad cause that would mean its not problem with squad member dragging him down but with no means to punish someone for X thing

again what is the point here in all of this? idea is to have means to punish player just so he can or to have efficient squads?
since for me the former is stupid and latter is easily achieved with just leaving squads that dont fit his needs so he can find other proper one and as last resort using recruit chat

He was probably just venting.

Just now, Psianide73 said:

He was probably just venting.

or asking for something that would pleasure his ego and if we get some means to punish AFKers i bet next will be request to be able to punish laggers also instead of just leaving the squad ;)

16 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

or asking for something that would pleasure his ego and if we get some means to punish AFKers i bet next will be request to be able to punish laggers also instead of just leaving the squad ;)

What's with the attitude, yeah just leaving is a solution but there's nothing wrong with wanting punishment for people that AFK(he should report them) even if you just lose a few minutes it's still a waste having to leave and join the mission again

• Like 5
47 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

What's with the attitude, yeah just leaving is a solution but there's nothing wrong with wanting punishment for people that AFK(he should report them) even if you just lose a few minutes it's still a waste having to leave and join the mission again

Whats with his and urs attitude then? im not trying to be mean
Lets just face it he can leave and if not have means to report AFKers so adding another way to punish a player would make u or him happy?
I would be happy if none of u have that option so who should get happy here? i would be fine if that option would exist i could still just leave and dont bother with anything else

So are we here to play and enjoy the game or are we here to make instant judgement+punishment on other players?
Because i start to think some of us miss the point here

sadly you will run into these people from time to time. yes, it's annoying; yes, it would be ncie to be able to kick them out because they're so annoying: no, I'm not defending leechers when I say this, but my answer to this thread and every other thread complaining about AFKers in warframe until the heat-death of the universe is the same:

use recruit chat, or solo, don't rely on random people to conform to your expectations. 

10 hours ago, Demiurgon said:

Usually in Defense missions if i notice someone is AFKing, i leave on wave 5 and if someone complains i tell them i dont tolerate AFKers and point out who was not doing anything. In the case of Orphix Venom, if someone is AFKing and i didnt notice right away, i head to where the person is AFKing, take a screenshot of where they are then take another of the mission summery to show how long the mission lasted and that player's performance.

In the first week of the event, there was a player AFKing in a storage room near the start of the mission. Me and the other active players noticed mobs werent spawning and so i went to check on that player, he was a Limbo protected in the Rift and the mobs had spawned where he was, preventing them from spawning elsewhere.

It's really on yourself to take charge of the situation and make it work. For the simply fact it's going to stay that way and so you will have to solve it for you.

Either you get right with it, play well enough to be able to solo it and simply not care about others, or you leave the situation and go to recruitment tab.

It's no use getting worked up over a situation that isn't changing and it wont' solve anything.

Way I feel is I play as hard as I can always - I don't have less or more work in front of me, completely independent of what other people are doing, the game is the same.

To you it might sound crazy but I actually enjoy carrying people in pug's, giving people a positive mech experience and not least hopefully help crash the arcane market... one can dream.

Then sometimes I switch it up, play with premade groups who instead have a strict program and often build requirements.

If you can live with how rigid their demands are and want the most points for your time, you probably should play in premades.

Either which way is still the concept of you getting right with the situation and adapt, accept the terms and get the job done.

Easier said than done but it very rarely pays off to panic or rage. You focus on a solution and move on.

4 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

Whats with his and urs attitude then? im not trying to be mean
Lets just face it he can leave and if not have means to report AFKers so adding another way to punish a player would make u or him happy?
I would be happy if none of u have that option so who should get happy here? i would be fine if that option would exist i could still just leave and dont bother with anything else

So are we here to play and enjoy the game or are we here to make instant judgement+punishment on other players?
Because i start to think some of us miss the point here

People who make a habit of leeching SHOULD be punished.

The odd bathroom break here and there is fine, but there are people who just want to continually sit and watch Netflix while others play the mission for them. That is laziness and can have a detrimental effect on the mission, as stated above with an afk Limbo messing with the spawns.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Psianide73 said:

People who make a habit of leeching SHOULD be punished.

The odd bathroom break here and there is fine, but there are people who just want to continually sit and watch Netflix while others play the mission for them. That is laziness and can have a detrimental effect on the mission, as stated above with an afk Limbo messing with the spawns.

So we could just teach other players to leave squad so AFKers stay alone and achieve nothing
But YOU and OP believe we need other means of teaching them a lesson?

Who you are to judge who needs to be punished? Can i demand right to punish you for calling other players lazy?
What is so hard in leaving the squad and forming pre-made squad?

And no i will never say going into mission bad going AFK on purpose is good thing actually its pretty stupid
But how about teaching players good manners instead of punishing them?

Lets teach players to leave when someone care to abuse AFK

Look let me give you an example on what is wrong in this picture 

We have trade and recruit chats
If someone on recruit chat send message like "WTT my pants for ur socks" kickbot will remove his message and send message that someone on trade chat could help

Why not instead of that kickbot cut his message and paste it on trade chat simultaneously switching said person chat tab to trade chat adding message to that person that he was switched to correct chat

Do you see difference?

• Like 1

AFKers aren't a player problem. Other players shouldn't have the option (or responsibility) to punish AFK players. Instead, DE should have better detection methods to boot out AFKers and Macro users out of missions. That's DE's job, not the players.