Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to do with AFKers in Operation Orphix?

Demiurgon

vor 15 Minuten schrieb ZeroX4:

Dont change my words
I said we ALL should just leave if we find that behavior wrong and no1 would be harmed or report said player 
If someone dont care if a player is leeching let him carry the mission if someone feels like it

So we should just let them leech until we notice without consequences. I don’t know why you think that’s not „tolerating leeches“, but quite frankly after the „don’t change my words“ bit I don’t really care. There’s few things I hate as much as gaslighting.

2 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

I always try to look at any conflict in a very simple way
For that i try to find very simple situation which is similar in real life and even you may think i making fun here im pretty much very serious even so it will sound funny

I and OP are in grocery store standing in the line waiting for our turn to buy a bread and lets say some kind just farted like really bad

OP is looking for manager to request banning kid from that store for bad behavior while still inhaling that very bad fart 

I am just leaving that store and going to different one where air is fresh

I would ask which 1 of us in that situation made smarter move but im afraid you would pick OP still inhaling fart

Did you read my answer though?

You assumed he didn't just leave ... and then get annoyed after leaving for a 3rd time.

You've written your own narrative of events, assigning a bad response to the OP and a positive response to how you would have reacted, with absolutely no idea how he actually acted.

You ask which one of you has acted in a smarter way, but you made both the options, not ever looking to find out how the OP behaved.

16 hours ago, Aazhyd said:

Are you sure they were all AFK? When you're in your Necramech, your warframe is standing still and vice versa. So sometimes it seems they're AFK.

I've seen players who don't contribute much, but real AFK-ers? I can't remember seeing that and I'm doing pubs only. Usually there is 1 good player, 2 decent and 1 who isn't good at all. The last one doesn't matter most of the time, the three others can finish it.

You can see in the minimap where is each one. A warframe left without transference appears as a blue dot OR as a exaclibur head in the minimap. A frame with the correct frame icon is a frame with someone inside transference, a weird face it's the operator, a necramech in the ground appears likea  blue dot and a moving necramech appears like a voidrid head that moves on the minimap. This way you spot literal leechers.

Gonna drop my two cents with a comment I've made in another similar post:

On 2021-01-02 at 6:45 AM, vanaukas said:

I've used limbo at first to keep my pets alive, what I did was left him in a "safe spot" in corpus missions (to avoid nullfiers) and the companions abilities worked either way (as Predasite Vizir heals). But I realized that doing it was wasting precious time when I played with non properly geared people, and also the fact that when you fall even in mech your warframe abilities stops... So I ended up transforming my Inaros in the meme "Inaros just hp/armor" to keep my companion (Vizir) alive providing heals for everyone and to be 100% I won't waste time reviving it and focusing on the resonators-enemies-orphix based on each mission, since I play mostly with randoms (so far, works fantastic).

Regarding the topic, I found 1 leecher, a Loki prime that was going invisible in one room. I waited like 4 Orphix until I asked the other 2 people to left, since the guy was just making the mission hard and I was the only one prepared for it, the other guys at least tried to help destorying resonators and using rent-a-mech. I'm totally fine with that kind of ungeared player, I can totally understand not touching content you don't like, but the other guy really made my blood boil at that time. I've never experienced something similar with leechers in the game, I'm inclined to think that it was so unfair seeing the other guys doing literally their best and sweating (this was before I changed my build for better perfomance after seeing a helpful post  in GD for bonewidow). I called out the guy but he just ignored us. Later with the other 2 left and one new ungeared but helpful, we hit 36 and everyone was happy (and tired). I was so pissed off that I don't even remember what I've said or if I reported him.

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I would love to meet this mythical person, for curiosities sake if nothing else. 

Add me to friends i carry ppl trough sortie i do profit taker runs carrying whoever joins or if i go to open world for whatever reason u can just go mine or fish i dont care i dont go there looking for help so feel free to leech on me

2 hours ago, Krankbert said:

So we should just let them leech until we notice without consequences. I don’t know why you think that’s not „tolerating leeches“, but quite frankly after the „don’t change my words“ bit I don’t really care. There’s few things I hate as much as gaslighting.

So we should punish them? Ban them for X days or what?
I mean like we have the report feature if someone is willing he is free to report bad behavior what should we have on top of that?
System where we could and should do nothing would be better like after lets say 2 or 3 mins of being idle u stop receiving anything from mission after 5 or so u get auto kick or whatever
And to answer your question i dont mind leechers AFKers and other type of players that dont contribute to squad since i can carry on my self and most squad trough all missions
Maybe thats why i dont see the problem as other like you do and dont get me wrong this is not an insult its kinda same thing as if i say im melee user and guns could not exist in warframe for all i care while u would be more of gunslinger type just different gameplay style different experience different expectations thats only reason our opinion is so different

55 minutes ago, TheArcSet said:

Did you read my answer though?

You assumed he didn't just leave ... and then get annoyed after leaving for a 3rd time.

You've written your own narrative of events, assigning a bad response to the OP and a positive response to how you would have reacted, with absolutely no idea how he actually acted.

You ask which one of you has acted in a smarter way, but you made both the options, not ever looking to find out how the OP behaved.

Trust me i get what you mean and i consider all options on what OP could do or did
My point is IF HE COULD just leave and dont give 2 F**** about it or just report bad behavior then whats the problem here?
He left ok he didnt fine also but if he have option to leave and not suffer because X player did X thing then what else is required here?
BTW as u see my ENGRISH isnt perfect maybe i just write in some way that after translation it makes more sense to me in my language than in actual English

For some of you this will be "hot take" but lets look at it with less emotions

Most of people that cry about afkers do not have fluctus and 40level mech so they are as useful as afker, maybe less depending on how well afkers tank enemy fire.
There is actual afk detection mechanism that already handles it, if it does not activate then the player simply was not afk but was as useful as 99% of you... in other words 0

So it ends up being pity issue of some sort of "principle" where one player contributing nothing is arbitrarily different to other players doing nothing.

I'm not saying that i like any of these people, i just hate both the same but it makes no sense in my eyes to punish just one of these cases. (i play in premade groups almost perfectly avoiding both of these issues)

vor 25 Minuten schrieb ZeroX4:

I mean like we have the report feature if someone is willing he is free to report bad behavior

It's this kind of intellectually dishonest crap that makes me think you don't want something done about leechers so leechers can continue leeching.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb ZeroX4:

And you may say lets then report ppl who abuse it
Now did u ever heard how long is taking to resolve a ticket sent to support? Now imagine how would they would get flooded with reports and imagine something bad happen with your account lets say u cant login game is loading in infinite loop now u send a ticket and wait idk like 1 month for response does that sound cool?

7 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

It's this kind of intellectually dishonest crap that makes me think you don't want something done about leechers so leechers can continue leeching.

You quoted me talking about 2 different things
Reporting a player for bad behavior in this case AFKing
Reporting a player for abusing eventual kick vote system
1st proving there is an option to punish someone
2nd explaining what "good" eventual kick vote system could bring
And its not like i dont want its more like i dont need anything to be done with them since they dont bother me

And you maybe wonder why? well lets ---Merchant--- explain it to in a simple way

He dont like AFKers just like you but have more of a view on the case like i do
Only ppl who who are unprepared cry about ppl who dont contribute like AFKers while both sides contribute next to nothing

And if you want me to put it simple ONLY when you NEED help of other players to do ur mission AFKers become a problem
If you are prepared no matter what ur squad mates will do it wont be any difference for u

27 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

Most of people that cry about afkers do not have fluctus and 40level mech so they are as useful as afker, maybe less depending on how well afkers tank enemy fire.
There is actual afk detection mechanism that already handles it, if it does not activate then the player simply was not afk but was as useful as 99% of you... in other words 0

So it ends up being pity issue of some sort of "principle" where one player contributing nothing is arbitrarily different to other players doing nothing.

I'm not saying that i like any of these people, i just hate both the same but it makes no sense in my eyes to punish just one of these cases. (i play in premade groups almost perfectly avoiding both of these issues)

vor 21 Minuten schrieb ZeroX4:

And you maybe wonder why? well lets ---Merchant--- explain it to in a simple way

He dont like AFKers just like you but have more of a view on the case like i do
Only ppl who who are unprepared cry about ppl who dont contribute like AFKers while both sides contribute next to nothing

Even if it were true, and it's not, it's still the most elitist arrogant crap I've heard here in a long time. What you two are arguing is that it doesn't affect you, and because it doesn't affect you it's not a problem. Well, here's a hint for some guys who obviously don't get out a lot: This isn't about you. The world doesn't revolve around you. There are in fact people playing this game who don't have the most optimal gear for every situation. You shouldn't have to be able to carry a mission in a 4-player coop game - no, not only carry it but be so overgeared that you don't notice if you're carrying or not - to play the game.  (In before "hurr durr recruiting channel" - go screw yourself (you know who you are), the game has public matchmaking for a reason).

As for people contributing nothing just like leechers if they don't have the perfect equipment: That's obviously not true either. It's so obviously not true that I don't even believe that he believes it. It's just some arrogance-oozing crap he says to express how above everyone else he thinks he is.

On 2021-01-03 at 9:50 PM, Berzerkules said:

I've seen a few people afk the second half of a run. They realize that at that point everyone else has already invested almost 30 minutes into a run, since rewards scale the farther you progress the chances of people just leaving drops off. It's the worst. 

But yeah, all you can do is call them out on it to draw attention to the rest of the squad and report. 

Can these people be more disgusting? I can't imagine leeching like that on purpose, just so cheap. Last time during Kuva siphon, a cheap guy AFK throughout the whole mission. I purposely failed the mission in the end and blacklist him. Meeting this kind of cheap people are like stepping on dogsh_it on the street. And I also took a picture of the scoreboard and report him to DE supports. OP, You can submit a ticket through the link below:

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

On 2021-01-03 at 5:44 PM, ZeroX4 said:

so what is the problem here?

The problem is, rewards scale by a lot the longer you stay in the mission. Obviously if you notice someone AFK at the start of this mission (3-6 orphix) its best just leave but if they start doing it beetween 12-16 rounds I wouldnt leave anymore because its time wasted for me. 

This is also sadly the point where I usually notice the "freeloaders", people who pretend to do something but really they are just killing grineer outside the area to level their stuff or something. 

This is why I started doing only recruited squads. Random teams is mostly either AFK or freeloaders. I don't mind if you have no mech but at least TRY to help destroying resonators or something, but most just sit there doing whatever random useless stuff. My friend doesn't have a mech but hes still very useful providing energy with Hildryn and destroying resonators with operator at the harder to reach areas where even fluctus cant hit well. 

В 03.01.2021 в 16:30, Demiurgon сказал:

What do with people that just stand still and afk during missions especially operation Orphix?

Anyway to report them or combat with this kind of behavior? 

Today i have met with 3 AFKers during Orphix and i don't like that at all. 

Some players kick afkers by using NetLimiter program. But I think it is illegal action. However all people I know who used this did not received ban.

7 hours ago, Krankbert said:

Even if it were true, and it's not, it's still the most elitist arrogant crap I've heard here in a long time. What you two are arguing is that it doesn't affect you, and because it doesn't affect you it's not a problem. Well, here's a hint for some guys who obviously don't get out a lot: This isn't about you. The world doesn't revolve around you. There are in fact people playing this game who don't have the most optimal gear for every situation. You shouldn't have to be able to carry a mission in a 4-player coop game - no, not only carry it but be so overgeared that you don't notice if you're carrying or not - to play the game.  (In before "hurr durr recruiting channel" - go screw yourself (you know who you are), the game has public matchmaking for a reason).

As for people contributing nothing just like leechers if they don't have the perfect equipment: That's obviously not true either. It's so obviously not true that I don't even believe that he believes it. It's just some arrogance-oozing crap he says to express how above everyone else he thinks he is.

You still didnt get it do u?
Its not about me or you
I said i dont consider myself uber pro i am not above all i just took my time to prepare myself for any situation if i go with idk zephyr to spy mission and some loki or ash jump in do all the consoles without triggering alarms does that makes me leecher? Well kinda but if i kill enemies is it still count?
So in other words its not about if 1 person in your squad leech its not about if you are prepared its about can ur squad manage and it cant if you all are unprepared
If 1 person in your squad just 1 can do all the work and rest just run around or do whatever no 1 is crying that others do not contribute until that 1 person leaves and things get difficult
In same fashion ive seen ppl complaining here on forums about ppl come to hydron with rank 0 frames and weapons but not the ones that have friend/clan mate with saryn/ember/mirage/oberon etc
Same with ESO you got someone who will carry you and there is no problem
You are more of a solo player and go with randoms then problem start to surface

And here is the point im trying to explain i am here to play the game i can take my time report AFK or leecher player even provide screenshots but i dont need to i can waste my time but im here just to play the game enjoy it i dont really care what others do in my squad
And you are here for? Pleasuring ur ego by simple way to punish someone who is not helping you enough in squad so you can feel comfy?
Report feature is not enough? Well its not instant punishment but its there so whats the problem?
Or as i said just leave squad with that kind of players and teach others to also leave if they encounter them so sooner or later they wont have anyone to AFK or leech from

But nah the hell with that give me punishment tool is that your idea here?

AND NO! I will never say after idk 10 mins in a mission 1 guy going AFK im my squad would make me happy or straight up start just leeching running around destroying containers opening caches i just say i would either leave the squad or keep on playing and dont care eventually i have option to report him if i want to but i dont require any other means to punish him like for some strange reason ppl here do 

And look this is pure gold just look at it ---UMBRA--- this is like 1 guy here who got the idea kudos your way 

2 hours ago, xombob89 said:

The problem is, rewards scale by a lot the longer you stay in the mission. Obviously if you notice someone AFK at the start of this mission (3-6 orphix) its best just leave but if they start doing it beetween 12-16 rounds I wouldnt leave anymore because its time wasted for me. 

This is also sadly the point where I usually notice the "freeloaders", people who pretend to do something but really they are just killing grineer outside the area to level their stuff or something. 

This is why I started doing only recruited squads. Random teams is mostly either AFK or freeloaders. I don't mind if you have no mech but at least TRY to help destroying resonators or something, but most just sit there doing whatever random useless stuff. My friend doesn't have a mech but hes still very useful providing energy with Hildryn and destroying resonators with operator at the harder to reach areas where even fluctus cant hit well. 

So you can make pre made squad with recruit chat and gather ppl who WANT to play who WANT to contribute who CAN contribute? BLASPHEMY!!!!!

Im well aware even this way its not 100% AFK leecher proof but it would be very rare to encounter this way such players

I start to believe problem for real is not about ppl who go AFK for whatever reason or even who straight up leech but instead its about most ppl who complain here expect randoms to be armed up the teeth prepared like a veteran know what to do and just do it so you all have good time in your mission
Since its so troublesome to use recruit chat and create ur own proper squad for X mission

So again what ---Merchant--- said - what do you want more?

9 hours ago, ---Merchant--- said:

vor 1 Minute schrieb ZeroX4:

You still didnt get it do u?
Its not about me or you

I think "this isn't about you" is literally what I said. I already adressed everything you said and everything Merchant said in my last comment. Please don't bother to pretend to respond.

4 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

I think "this isn't about you" is literally what I said. I already adressed everything you said and everything Merchant said in my last comment. Please don't bother to pretend to respond.

So again we have means to report we have means to just leave if we dont like squad we are in then whats the problem?
If we have JUST FOR EXAMPLE have kick vote feature and kick 1 AFK or leecher player squad will be left with 3 ppl contributing so its same situation as if the AFKer or leecher stays
Whats the goal here? Well other than giving players means to pleasure their ego by instant punishing others
Just keep in mind we cant name and shame others by posting their nicknames for a reason (because we are not meant to be judges)

vor 11 Minuten schrieb ZeroX4:

I start to believe problem for real is not about ppl who go AFK for whatever reason or even who straight up leech but instead its about most ppl who complain here expect randoms to be armed up the teeth prepared like a veteran know what to do and just do it so you all have good time in your mission
Since its so troublesome to use recruit chat and create ur own proper squad for X mission

So again what ---Merchant--- said - what do you want more?

Gerade eben schrieb ZeroX4:

So again we have means to report we have means to just leave if we dont like squad we are in then whats the problem?
If we have JUST FOR EXAMPLE have kick vote feature and kick 1 AFK or leecher player squad will be left with 3 ppl contributing so its same situation as if the AFKer or leecher stays
Whats the goal here? Well other than giving players means to pleasure their ego by instant punishing others
Just keep in mind we cant name and shame others by posting their nicknames for a reason (because we are not meant to be judges)

Quite frankly, it's obvious that you're not reading a single word I write. You see a response, click on quote without reading it and then start typing out the exact same thing you said in every other comment. If you're honestly interested in my answer, scroll up. I'm done.

15 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

you can make pre made squad with recruit chat and gather ppl who WANT to play who WANT to contribute who CAN contribute? BLASPHEMY!!!!!

Im well aware even this way its not 100% AFK leecher proof but it would be very rare to encounter this way such players

What a strangely hostile reply. Are you AFK farmer lol? 

I never said recruiting is out of the question, in fact I recommend doing so for this event because it clearly needs atleast a couple of good mechs if you want to do 36 rounds. 

And also I never said randoms need veteran level gear, I said I expect them to at least try to help if they want to stay for longer. You can destroy resonators with an operator or fallen mech so theres no excuse to not do that. Im talking about people who walk outside the orphix area killing normal enemies for w/e reason instead of helping the team. 

You are the one blinded by emotion here my friend.

24 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Quite frankly, it's obvious that you're not reading a single word I write. You see a response, click on quote without reading it and then start typing out the exact same thing you said in every other comment. If you're honestly interested in my answer, scroll up. I'm done.

I do read all u wrote maybe because my ENGRISH level i dont understand you so fault most likely be on my side

15 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

What a strangely hostile reply. Are you AFK farmer lol? 

I never said recruiting is out of the question, in fact I recommend doing so for this event because it clearly needs atleast a couple of good mechs if you want to do 36 rounds. 

And also I never said randoms need veteran level gear, I said I expect them to at least try to help if they want to stay for longer. You can destroy resonators with an operator or fallen mech so theres no excuse to not do that. Im talking about people who walk outside the orphix area killing normal enemies for w/e reason instead of helping the team. 

You are the one blinded by emotion here my friend.

What is so hostile about it i dont get it?

Warframe dont have anything i could need it can have things i could want i just login to do daily stuff and eventually participate in event once per day
I would gain nothing from AFKing in game since i login to play and not to gain X item

And your point is valid to the point i quoted you to another player we can use recruit chat we can gether ppl who will do runs with us add them to friend list but seems ppl still insist on going with randoms expecting wonders from them

And here we are down to the point of the situation
Are we judging players by what they CAN contribute or by what they actually contribute or are they willing to contribute but contribute next to 0
Why player who run outside of orphix are would be better than 1 that is AFK? 
In the end both contribute next to 0 well both drag enemies on themselfs so thats a bonus but other than that all that matters are numbers
And yeah i see huge difference between someone who have nothing but is willing to struggle to do anything to help even so he wont do much and someone who is prepared or not but is not willing to do anything just leech

I dont question motivations i question our end judgement
AFK player with inaros who went AFK for idk 20 mins tanking (by being AFK) enemies is worse than idk player with mote amp and no mech?
We get more benefit from that AFK inaros so in the end i see ppl here dont care if someone is AFK but if someone is doing anything for the mission even if its next to nothing
So is it problem about AFK players or is it about someones EGO that needs some pleasuring feature like kick vote?

I will admit yes i dont like AFKers and NO i dont want to play with AFKers (or leechers) but even if i got 1 or 3 in squad i really dont care to a point that i would ask for means to punish them instantly or just by my hand so again does it look like problem with AFKers and leechers or a problem with EGO of some players?

Just keep in mind we have AUTO AFK state in warframe where u get no progress if u AFK for too long
So leechers would be the real problem but again and again is it about what they contribute or what we NEED from them to contribute and care to punish them because they dont?

On 2021-01-03 at 4:44 PM, ZeroX4 said:

again what is the point here in all of this? idea is to have means to punish player just so he can or to have efficient squads?

It's not about having efficient squads. He asked for ways to deal with people who stand in a corner doing absolutely nothing and taking advantage of the work of the team. It's a big difference.

Of course leaving is the only option here but in your posts you defend the freedom of a leecher not to play the game more than that of the rest of the players on his team to have a good match. The guy here is the victim of a bad behaviour which should not be punished "just to make him happy", but to prevent that individual from ruining other games.

The fact you're willing to put up with this practice certainly doesn't make it legitimate.

There is a large difference between working with newer / undergeared players to help them complete an event (a positive thing), and standing in a corner while the rest of the team do all of the work (AFK farming).

The latter should be reported, and there is an option to do so if you right-click their name and use the report function. You can also submit screenshots to support via http://support.warframe.com. Since this topic has degraded into insults back and forth, I am locking this thread.

Archived