Moving install folder to another Steam library

Go to solution Solved by RobWasHere,

Question

So i created another Steam library on C: drive (SSD) and i like to move Warframe there, which is now installed on E:/also default Steam install location, sadly Steam dont have that option - Move install folder - for Warframe.

I think simpy ctrl+c a ctrl+v wouldnt work. So any idea to do this properly without downloading whole game ??

Thanks

6 answers to this question

• Solution
Posted (edited)

I had to move the game between laptops, I simply copied the entire Steamapps folder and some other folder I think it was userdata, to new drive then just restarted Steam and it worked. Some games needed integrity check but there were no problems.

For more 'clean' solution, try this
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129&l=english

Edited by RobWasHere

Find the game you want to move in your Games library.

Right-click it and select Properties.

Click the Local Files tab.

Click Move Install Folder.

Choose a new location where you'd like to store your game.

4 minutes ago, McCIoud said:

Find the game you want to move in your Games library.

Right-click it and select Properties.

Click the Local Files tab.

Click Move Install Folder.

Choose a new location where you'd like to store your game.

Did you even read what i wrote ? Warframe dont have option for Move install folder

14 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

I had to move the game between laptops, I simply copied the entire Steamapps folder and some other folder I think it was userdata, to new drive then just restarted Steam and it worked. Some games needed integrity check but there were no problems.

I read same advice, just copy Warframe folder from SteamApps\Common and manifest.acf file to another Library Common folder, but im not sure how Steam wil know path to new files or moving manifest.acf outside Steam just to be sure

18 hours ago, Myscho said:

Did you even read what i wrote ? Warframe dont have option for Move install folder

did YOU even read it?

browse local files opens up the warframe folder in windows, you move THAT FOLDER into your new steam install.

32 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

did YOU even read it?

browse local files opens up the warframe folder in windows, you move THAT FOLDER into your new steam install.

Dude, Steam have build in option to Move install folder, thats why i said it, not copy paste with Windows