Please improve the casting time of Bonewidow's 4 (Ironbride) and allow casting mid-air

Currently enjoying Iperation Orphix Venom so far, and am loving using Bonewidow's Ironbride to DPS. One big gripe I have with her however is the fact that casting her 4 to bring her sword out takes forever. It's enough to be noticable in gameplay and really breaks the flow and fluidity of things when you switch back and forth with her Ironbride and your archgun, compared to Voiding that can just cast his Arquebex and start shooting, but for Bonewidow you have to wait a solid second to cast it and another have second for her first swing.

This problem is even worse when you're a client, as even the slightest lag makes the casting time even longer

It would also be nice if it could be cast in mid air too, since again, it'd make gameplay feel more fluid.

Overall these 2 things would be a small QoL change that would have a rather big impact on how enjoyable playing Bonewidow could be.

Edited by VocaSeiza
  • Like 5
24 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

Or at least allow us to stop when casting 4 while moving forward. Mech keeps going forward and there is no way to stop it, often falling off ledges.

Came here to exactly suggest this instead less time. Also mid air sounds good.

• Like 1
On 2021-01-03 at 5:32 PM, RobWasHere said:

Or at least allow us to stop when casting 4 while moving forward. Mech keeps going forward and there is no way to stop it, often falling off ledges.

This, and whatever OP said. The fact that the cast time is quite long paired with lag and the weird 2 steps she does afterwards was driving me nuts while doing the event. 

Even if they just remove the forced steps and allow casting midair its already big improvement. 

On 2021-01-03 at 10:32 PM, RobWasHere said:

It used to be like that before a certain hotfix. Need a DEbug on that obe

Edited by DrivaMain
On 2021-01-03 at 5:29 PM, VocaSeiza said:

Currently enjoying Iperation Orphix Venom so far, and am loving using Bonewidow's Ironbride to DPS. One big gripe I have with her however is the fact that casting her 4 to bring her sword out takes forever. It's enough to be noticable in gameplay and really breaks the flow and fluidity of things when you switch back and forth with her Ironbride and your archgun, compared to Voiding that can just cast his Arquebex and start shooting, but for Bonewidow you have to wait a solid second to cast it and another have second for her first swing.

This problem is even worse when you're a client, as even the slightest lag makes the casting time even longer

It would also be nice if it could be cast in mid air too, since again, it'd make gameplay feel more fluid.

Overall these 2 things would be a small QoL change that would have a rather big impact on how enjoyable playing Bonewidow could be.

Bumping this thread. It's already possible to disable Ironbride mid air so why can't it be activated mid air. Can we also have a more specific input for the Ironbride heavy attack while hovering. Sometimes while hovering Bonewidow will do the slam attack out of nowhere sending you completely off the stage. 

On 2021-01-03 at 5:32 PM, RobWasHere said:

Thanks for bringing this up. I genuinely thought my controller was causing this. I've lost count of the times I raged because of this. 

It might also be good if Ironbride could use an upper-body animation, similar to exalted blade. It would allow not only to stop her forward movement, but it could be movement in any direction when she activates it.

Granted, I have seen others post that elsewhere, as far as that goes. But it sounds like it could help as well

The thing that really bothers me about casting Ironbride is how it locks your movement to whatever it was at the moment of cast, for the entire duration of the cast, which as you noted is quite long. So you may be moving around strafing and the instant you cast it, Bonewidow just starts running off in a straight line until the sword is usable. Even if it just rooted you in place on cast (which it should not do either), it would be better than being forced to walk off in a random direction for no reason.