Jump to content
  • 0

Return to Warframe


Go to solution Solved by Sintag,

Question

Hi there!

After 4 years, I decided to come back (maybe); I download the game and started playing a bit. I was confused, because the game changed a lot; also, after 3,5 years, I still haven't recieved my free Frost Prime from the Twitch Prime loot (from july 2017, and the warframe support didn't help unfortunately). Anyway, can someone help me to understand everything that changed? Like a video or a quick guide message, something idk.

Also, since I didn't receive Frost Prime (and I really want it, it's my favourite), can someone tell me if I can exchange warframes? Not the projects or thing like that, I'm talking about the already done warframe. I'd like to exchange a Prime warframe with Frost Prime, but that's not the main reason why I'm writing here.

Thanks in advance, and have a great day!

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Solution

Welcome back to Warframe!  Here's a 'big ticket' list of what you missed:

  • Three new open worlds have released:  The Plains of Eidolon, on Earth, the Orb Vallis on Venus, and the Cambion Drift, on Deimos.  Each has their own set of activities within.
  • A new planet, Deimos (replacing Orokin Derelicts).  Houses the Cambion Drift and all the old Orokin Derelict nodes, which no longer require keys
  • The Lich system, in which you can unleash a super-powerful enemy on the system and acquire a new variant of Grineer weaponry, entirely unique weaponry, unique allies, and Ephemeras
  • Ephemera, sort of a particle effect for Warframes, ranging from simple to complex.  In fact, Fashionframe in general got a lot of QoL; Two-toned Energy, you can customize Emissives (The lighting on your Warframe) separate from Energy, Attachments and Syandanas can be customized independently now...  Never has horde-based looting-shooting been so FABULOUS!
  • Railjack, a big ol' spaceship.  It's quite fun, but extremely, EXTREMELY grind-laden;  Definitely be ready to pour time into getting it battle-ready.
  • Focus 2.0, which focuses (pun unintentional) on making the Operator more powerful and capable of holding their own.
  • Multiple new Quests, from stuff that gives you Warframes to large chunks of the story.  I won't spoil any here, don't worry.
  • The New War is beginning...slowly.  Very slowly, actually.  I blame Covid.
  • The Deadlock Protocol, which reworked the entire Corpus Ship tileset to be more modern and added a few new gameplay systems.
  • The Steel Path, something of a New Game +.  Can you go through the Star Chart, except everything is a bullet sponge?  ...it's really not that fun.
  • Several Mastery Ranks have been released as well, you can actually hit MR30 now.
  • Nightwave, replacing the old Alert system with tasks you can do to gain standing.  It's a neat idea, but prone to wearing out it's welcome.  It's also DE's means of delivering lore about things going on in the System in general, which bleeds into gameplay in various ways, up to and including a new boss fight on the Derelicts.

 

I'm probably forgetting or generalizing some stuff, but safe to say you've a LOT to do now.  Enjoy!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 minutes ago, xFra2002 said:

 

Also, since I didn't receive Frost Prime (and I really want it, it's my favourite), can someone tell me if I can exchange warframes? 

You can buy it off a seller who is selling the blueprint set

Use warframe.market to your advantage for any future items u want to sell/buy

Edited by Waspyeh
Add more useful info
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, xFra2002 said:

Thanks, I'm still trying to get used to Warframe again.

The game looks prettier than ever and alot has changed while u were away, catching up shouldn't be that hard but quite lengthly GL

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Welcome back! I came back last summer after maybe five years' absence, so I definitely feel you!

In terms of mission theaters the open worlds are probably the biggest change. I'd suggest tackling one (Fortuna, Plains of Eidolon or Deimos) at a time as there is a lot to take in, many new resources, modular weapons, bosses, and quests.

It's worth checking out the changes to status effects. They got overhauled in my absence.

Obviously there's a truckload of new frames, weapons and companions too. I'd suggest flicking through and finding maybe a handful you like the look of, and focus on how to obtain those. As an example I loved using Banshee, Supra and Helios before taking hiatus. When finding the frame and sentinel had been primed, and there was a vandal version of the Supra, I initially focused on how to obtain those.

For me it was a process of taking it slow, not biting off more than I could chew, and finding an active friendly clan to ask questions and run missions with.

Have fun, feel free to hit me up in game and I'll try help with anything specific :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 minutes ago, Oggyswe said:

Look in the codex for the new quests is a good starting point. And visit the open world hubs and talk to people there. 

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind.

5 minutes ago, Dualice said:

Welcome back! I came back last summer after maybe five years' absence, so I definitely feel you!

In terms of mission theaters the open worlds are probably the biggest change. I'd suggest tackling one (Fortuna, Plains of Eidolon or Deimos) at a time as there is a lot to take in, many new resources, modular weapons, bosses, and quests.

It's worth checking out the changes to status effects. They got overhauled in my absence.

Obviously there's a truckload of new frames, weapons and companions too. I'd suggest flicking through and finding maybe a handful you like the look of, and focus on how to obtain those. As an example I loved using Banshee, Supra and Helios before taking hiatus. When finding the frame and sentinel had been primed, and there was a vandal version of the Supra, I initially focused on how to obtain those.

For me it was a process of taking it slow, not biting off more than I could chew, and finding an active friendly clan to ask questions and run missions with.

Have fun, feel free to hit me up in game and I'll try help with anything specific :)

That's useful! I'll contact you if I need anything, thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Welcome back, I did the same thing 😂 Coming back to the game is like, woah has that always been like that or is it new?

Summary of gameplay stuffs? 

  • Open world areas, each having their own resources, frames and story that is unique to them.
  • A few of the boss fights have changed, eg jackal changed I'm pretty sure?  but none seem crazy different.
  • Melee is the meta rn and there's been changes to how you wanna mod to achieve the best results (if that's your thing)
  • Nightwave is currently back and all episodes are available (worth it for the plot and nightwave store) 
  • You also might wanna check your favourite weapons and frames haven't been reworked
  • mechs are cool and from deimos, that's what the current operation orphyx is about (also to get the new frame)

Other things?

  • Your orbiter interior has changed, its shinier now :)
  • Beware black squares popping up in missions, there a major graphics bug rn.
  • Loads of the maps have been kinda uh, remastered? They updated them to make them fancier.

I hope you stay around, I left just after the earth remaster and before open world so coming back to warframe in early 2020 was a little odd.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Good to have you back mate! Just a case of taking it slowly. Think of it as starting off again. How far did you get last time? If it wasn't too far it may actually be worth restarting as the intro has also changed. The general ideas and gameplay are still pretty much the same but have been tweaked such as status and new environments but you have the advantage of knowing the basics. The community here are excellent at helping out with questions or even in missions. Just take it slow and enjoy it at your own leisure!

Welcome back Tenno! And enjoy your forma addiction!

Edited by (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
17 hours ago, xFra2002 said:

Hi there!

After 4 years, I decided to come back (maybe); I download the game and started playing a bit. I was confused, because the game changed a lot; also, after 3,5 years, I still haven't recieved my free Frost Prime from the Twitch Prime loot (from july 2017, and the warframe support didn't help unfortunately). Anyway, can someone help me to understand everything that changed? Like a video or a quick guide message, something idk.

Also, since I didn't receive Frost Prime (and I really want it, it's my favourite), can someone tell me if I can exchange warframes? Not the projects or thing like that, I'm talking about the already done warframe. I'd like to exchange a Prime warframe with Frost Prime, but that's not the main reason why I'm writing here.

Thanks in advance, and have a great day!

Welcome back, tenno

3.5 years? There are so many new things and changes, instead of acting like a veteran who know his way around, you may as well just think as a rookie who're new to the game.

There are so many things you wouldn't know about, you'll feel frustrated everytime you encounter one. But if you think of them like new and exciting things, you'll actually feel happy. Another returning player use this phrase to express his feelings "like a kid in a candy store". 

Sadly frost prime just got vaulted again, you're late a couple of weeks. But the bright side: everyone still have plenty of frost parts. I believe you can easily buy or trade them.

Edited by Soy77
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Thanks everyone for the answers! I was thinking about restarting but idk, is it worth it? I wasn't too far in the game; i have Frost, Nekros Prime (for that thing where you have to follow the official warframe stream), some other minor things, and I did that mission where you unlock the back room in the orbiter and you "get a human" lol (I think that was "The second Dream"?). Anyway, I don't have much, but it feels good to have such an old account. Only thing is the old username, and I can always create a new account to see the new intro.

Oh, also, it seems like some things are missing, like all of my friend list (or they all removed me? i hope not), but it may be me... it was a looong time ago. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I returned about a month ago and a few things that are not obvious, I highly recommend prioritizing. 

1. As others have stated, clear the star chart / do your quests

2. Get started on building reputation with Ostron in Cetus (on Earth) and Solaris United in Fortuna (on Venus)

2a. If you're a glutton for punishment/like to grind add in the Entrati/Necraloid in Necralisk on Deimos. However, I found them to be less gating than the above two factions. 

2b. If you have platinum or can afford platinum, I highly recommend buying the archwing launcher segment as soon as possible. It took me a week to figure out how party members were getting across the map in seconds while I was hoofing it on foot. This segment lets you call your archwing down to the open areas. 

3. Fishing spears between open areas matter

3a. Mining has one clear cut "best" tool, the Sunpoint Plasma Drill. It has some fancy features, can be upgraded with a couple of widgets AND you can mine all rare gems with it. (edit - This can be obtained in Fortuna)

3b. Wildlife conservation is great but you will need a tranq rifle. You can get this from "Son" in Necralisk or "The Business" in Fortuna. I am pretty sure I decimated 1,000 animals before figuring out I could get the said item. 

4. Slowly start figuring out operator mode and the focus schools ... all of which can be very confusing.

4a. Slowly start building reputation with the Quills whom are hidden in Cestus and can be accessible after a few quest's. The rep grind starts really slow but doing so will allow you to buy blueprints to make an amp for your operator, which makes their void attacks much stronger. 

4b. Slowly figure out how to join eidolon hunts to speed up this process, its a lot to take in. 

5. Rank up rewards offer a lot of different options, I recommend always picking a mining blueprint when possible. You will need to craft various gems, minerals, and alloys and the blueprints are almost always a higher value than the other options. 

6. Have fun and don't stress it ... play at your pace. 

7. Join a guild/clan to gain access to numerous blueprints that are needed. (Added in edit)

I REALLY wish I would have had known these things when I first came back so I hope they are helpful. 

Edited by (PSN)firemedic623
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, xFra2002 said:

Thanks everyone for the answers! I was thinking about restarting but idk, is it worth it? I wasn't too far in the game; i have Frost, Nekros Prime (for that thing where you have to follow the official warframe stream), some other minor things, and I did that mission where you unlock the back room in the orbiter and you "get a human" lol (I think that was "The second Dream"?). Anyway, I don't have much, but it feels good to have such an old account. Only thing is the old username, and I can always create a new account to see the new intro.

Oh, also, it seems like some things are missing, like all of my friend list (or they all removed me? i hope not), but it may be me... it was a looong time ago. 

You can see the new intro by selecting "quest" in your codex

Imho there's no point in restarting. If you really have to, just replay all the quests

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

 

 

4 hours ago, (PSN)firemedic623 said:

 

2b. If you have platinum or can afford platinum, I highly recommend buying the archwing launcher segment as soon as possible. It took me a week to figure out how party members were getting across the map in seconds while I was hoofing it on foot. This segment lets you call your archwing down to the open areas. 

 

Actually I'd recommend people who haven't got archwing to just play the quest. It took like a couple of minutes, and you'll get archwing for free, on top of experiencing the story.

As for the launcher segment, it's 15k on clan dojo, which is practically nothing. Just state that you want to join a clan in chat, there are plenty of clans recruiting.

Edited by Soy77
Sorry for double post. Editing in mobile is impossible...
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, Soy77 said:

 

Actually I'd recommend people who haven't got archwing to just play the quest. It took like a couple of minutes, and you'll get archwing for free, on top of experiencing the story.

As for the launcher segment, it's 15k on clan dojo, which is practically nothing. Just state that you want to join a clan in chat, there are plenty of clans recruiting.

I already have the archwing, but I think I'll replay some quest as said by the other dude.

 

11 hours ago, Soy77 said:

You can see the new intro by selecting "quest" in your codex

Imho there's no point in restarting. If you really have to, just replay all the quests

Thanks for the idea!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...