Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for advice on the most recent kitguns.

TheArcSet

Question

At the time I just bought the parts and thought I save up for the every amp brace later, but then I heard than none of the new guns were worth using, though that might have been due to bugs.

I'd like to use the event's last day to grind them out for master, but I'd also like to know if any are worth keeping.

If so, how would you assemble them?

Are any of the new loaders worth using, or is it like the plague links?

Thanks in advance for the help.

7 answers to this question

None of the grips or loaders are worth using IMO.

• Sporelacer (secondary) - Great, an actual good explosive secondary. Build it for Haymaker+Splat, because you want one-shots. And when you can't, it has surprisingly decent status, since the impact, explosion, and 3 bomblets have the status that you see on the card (and it has innate toxin). 
  • Sporelacer (primary) - Uses shotgun mods, so it probably sucks. Even if it is usable, it won't compare to the Kohm, Cedo, Phantasma, etc...
  • Vermisplicer (secondary) - Quite low range, and only really powerful if all 5 beams lock-on to the same enemy. Use it if you want, but the Athodai, Catabolyst, Nukor, etc... are better.
  • Vermisplicer (primary) - Side grade Amprex. Takes a bit for the beam to grow to max range unlike other beam weapons. And has the same nice but buggy lock-on mechanics the Larkspur has.

I have built 4 so far one was a flop so 3 good ones imo. Without knowing what the meta is, I just built what stats looked ok at the time.

P for Primary
S for secondary

MUTP1  [big tick from me imo.] Video included for beam range.
Chamber: Vermisplicer
Grip: Palmaris
Loader: Killstream
-----
MUTS2 [big tick from me imo.]
Chamber: Sporlacer
Grip: Haymaker
Loader: Splat
------
MUTP3 FAIL, I used all infested parts I think was the problem, also seemed to long to start the reload.
Grip: Palmaris
Loader: Macro Thymoid

-----
MUTP4 [big tick from me imo.]
Grip: Tremor
Loader: Splat

The gun MUTP4 seems to work better if you hit the projectile at the feet of the enemy does multiple bounces.

Their are better builds out there I'd say but I'm happy with mine they do Steel Path as well.
-----

Edit:
It's a pity we can't build kitguns temporarily in our Simulacrum to test, then once we leave they just get erased from memory data.

Just a brief chip in from my end. I built a secondary and primary of each. The crit based Sporelacer secondary was the most outstanding for me followed by a status/range Vermisplicer primary as a primer alternative for the Kuva Nukor on a different weapon slot. A bit worse as primer and currently buggy (on console at least) but absurd range.

The Sporelacer primary reminded me of the Catchmoon when built as primary and just feels as bad - like a worse Arca Plasmor - certainly doesn't compete with good shotguns. Vermisplicer secondary was like an underwhelming, worse Kuva Nukor in pretty much every way.

So yeah. I'd give a Sporelacer secondary and a Vermisplicer primary a pass and the other two options I wouldn't recommend. I think I didn't use a single new part besides the chambers obviously because they seemed useless on preview.

Primary Sporelacer is kinda much weaker version of alt-fire Trumna, but in full auto. Build for crit (I know, Blunderbuss, yuck) then give it some firerate and just fill entire room in bouncing bomblets draining fps. Ammo mutation or Pax Charge + that mod that reloads when holstered recommended, just quick-melee for 2-3s and you are ready to go again. This thing eats ammo faster than my gf chocolate.

Is it amazing? Not really, it's not Bubonico or Corinth Prime, but fun to use.

On 2021-01-03 at 6:36 PM, TheArcSet said:

At the time I just bought the parts and thought I save up for the every amp brace later, but then I heard than none of the new guns were worth using, though that might have been due to bugs.

Personally, i like to combine parts with other sets. Im still looking for a favorite. Im trying different combinations with the catchmoon. So far none stand out.

On 2021-01-04 at 8:04 AM, RobWasHere said:

Primary Sporelacer is kinda much weaker version of alt-fire Trumna, but in full auto. Build for crit (I know, Blunderbuss, yuck) then give it some firerate and just fill entire room in bouncing bomblets draining fps. Ammo mutation or Pax Charge + that mod that reloads when holstered recommended, just quick-melee for 2-3s and you are ready to go again. This thing eats ammo faster than my gf chocolate.

Is it amazing? Not really, it's not Bubonico or Corinth Prime, but fun to use.

Thanks for the advice, would Motus-setup and Primed ravage be worth it?

Archived