Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Instantly consume relics for void traces

--Aegis--Toast

You can consume relics to get a certain amount of traces. The era of the relic increases the amount of traces you receive, with Axi being the highest. If refinement also increases the amount of traces you receive. This is to give players a faster way to get traces without running relics, so it saves people time. Let me know what you all think

45 minutes ago, I_Eat_Toast said:

You can consume relics to get a certain amount of traces. The era of the relic increases the amount of traces you receive, with Axi being the highest. If refinement also increases the amount of traces you receive. This is to give players a faster way to get traces without running relics, so it saves people time. Let me know what you all think

^THIS. DEAR LOTUS ON PLUTO, THIS!

I've been wanting a relic kiosk or something similar for YEARS now. once you've got the latest primes, all the other relics are beyond useless: hardly anyone wants to buy them on trading, and selling them for credits yields a pittance. meanwhile Void traces are one of the few resources everyone still has to farm for when the newest prime comes out. a relic kiosk would solve not just one, but two problems:

- no more surplus relics that players can't get rid of, because they keep piling up due to 99% of content awarding relics.

- no more running twice as many missions: some for parts, some for traces, you now only have to open the relics that have the parts you want!

if DE want to keep showering us with relics, fine, but I also want a place to get rid of them. I think one of the main reasons they haven't added a Relic kiosk is because they don't want veterans maxing out their void traces over and over again instantaneously, but IMO we should: because we freaking played to get those relics in the first place! even when we don't want them!

if relic kiosks are the only real QoL change we get in 2021, I'll be more than happy with that.

There is a reason why it takes time to get traces, because it incentivises us to buy the primes instead.

Just think for a solid second, if you cut the time to get any prime in half, what do you think is gonna happen to that incentive ?

Just ask for free plat while you're at it...

36 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

There is a reason why it takes time to get traces, because it incentivises us to buy the primes instead.

Just think for a solid second, if you cut the time to get any prime in half, what do you think is gonna happen to that incentive ?

It's $80 for all the primes of a set. People don't pay that money for the primes. You pay that money to have the prime first. Most people who buy prime access will only pay $50 for the cosmetics or $130 for all. If you want the primes faster, spend 250 plat in trades for after the prices go down. What DE does is hunt whales. Whales don't do relics. Whales buy $130 bundles to have primes first.

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

I don't understand why people have issues with traces.. 

Anyway, on top of that how about trading relics in for a small amount of ducats.. at least i could get rid of them considering I'm at 1.6k traces through months..

I'd also love if we could stack them for trading.. i tried selling relics in bulk to 2 people and it was the most infuriating experience I've ever had in a video game.. and all that with a damn controller, just awful.

You have to run 3-6 relics to get enough for a radiant. It's simply a time saver that doubles as a way to get rid of extra relics. If the ducats are low enough, that might be good.

il y a 56 minutes, I_Eat_Toast a dit :

It's $80 for all the primes of a set. People don't pay that money for the primes. You pay that money to have the prime first. Most people who buy prime access will only pay $50 for the cosmetics or $130 for all. If you want the primes faster, spend 250 plat in trades for after the prices go down. What DE does is hunt whales. Whales don't do relics. Whales buy $130 bundles to have primes first.

You're both talking out of your rear and dancing around the point and you know it.

Let's say, for the sake of arguing, that your mental gymnastic holds any ground (spoiler alert, it doesn't, it's biased and nonsensical)

no matter what solution you choose to buy whatever prime, you spent money on the game, money that goes to DE at one point or another. If you cut in half the grind for that same prime, you cut in half the incentive to skip the associated grind, and more than likely cut in half any profit DE makes from such item.

Got another spoiler alert for you : game needs to make money to exist. They are not making grind for the sake of making you grind. Earthshattering revelation, I know...

5 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

Not really the time. It is the platinum. I can farm new prime in 1 day if I want, without spending much time (mass buy relics from Teshin and factions on release). 

You could say the cosmetics too, but not really worth the money.

Either dissolve them into Traces or fuse like 5 together for a chance at a better relic. I strongly agree that we need some sort of system to clear up those 10k or more relics in everyone inventory, saw someone showing like 1m relics xDD.

On 2021-01-04 at 11:53 PM, I_Eat_Toast said:

Disagree with that, I think a lot of people do it for the exclusive cosmetics they add with each one. Considering you can just get the relics you need the second they come out by stockpiling syndicate standing and medallions, then farm them inside of an hour and rush the parts with plat, people who buy the prime sets either buy them for the exclusives or because they have a busy life but disposable income so it saves game time of farming for the aforementioned setup that they could use to enjoy the new prime release instead.

37 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Disagree with that, I think a lot of people do it for the exclusive cosmetics they add with each one. Considering you can just get the relics you need the second they come out by stockpiling syndicate standing and medallions, then farm them inside of an hour and rush the parts with plat, people who buy the prime sets either buy them for the exclusives or because they have a busy life but disposable income so it saves game time of farming for the aforementioned setup that they could use to enjoy the new prime release instead.

I'd rather get to the topic of why my initial idea is good or bad. That's why I didn't continue that discussion. 

Il y a 22 heures, (PSN)thegarada a dit :

Not really the time. It is the platinum. I can farm new prime in 1 day if I want, without spending much time (mass buy relics from Teshin and factions on release). 

You could say the cosmetics too, but not really worth the money.

Mass buy relics can only get you so far. Last prime, by emptying 4 max rank syndicates only into relic packs, and using all my standing the same wat for a week, I barely got 10 relics from the new prime. 

I have done plenty prime power farm, I know first hand how ridiculous a statement such as "I can farm new prime in a day" is.  Even more followed by "without spending much time", it's complete bollocks. It might be possible in a day if you spend 10 hours of that day playing and getting lottery winning odds, but that's both unrealistic and unreasonnable.

And even if it was really as fast as you pretend, that's meaningless. "It's not the time, it's the plat" ? That doesn't mean anything. The time you spend doing it IS the incentive to pay plat instead. Reduce that time, no matter if you think or not it's short already, you reduce the incentive as much.

And even with all that, I was talking about the necessity for DE to keep the trace farm in place, the speed at which you acquire relics is an entirely different matter and doesn't impact this topic at all.

3 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

Mass buy relics can only get you so far. Last prime, by emptying 4 max rank syndicates only into relic packs, and using all my standing the same wat for a week, I barely got 10 relics from the new prime. 

I have done plenty prime power farm, I know first hand how ridiculous a statement such as "I can farm new prime in a day" is.  Even more followed by "without spending much time", it's complete bollocks. It might be possible in a day if you spend 10 hours of that day playing and getting lottery winning odds, but that's both unrealistic and unreasonnable.

And even if it was really as fast as you pretend, that's meaningless. "It's not the time, it's the plat" ? That doesn't mean anything. The time you spend doing it IS the incentive to pay plat instead. Reduce that time, no matter if you think or not it's short already, you reduce the incentive as much.

And even with all that, I was talking about the necessity for DE to keep the trace farm in place, the speed at which you acquire relics is an entirely different matter and doesn't impact this topic at all.

User experience varies. Calling others' experiences "bollocks" isn't constructive or civil. To achieve a 90% chance of getting the item you want, at optimal refinement, you need 5 for rare, 3 for uncommon, and 2 for common. You only need 13-18 relics to have a 90% chance of getting each item. Also, there are ways to exceed daily syndicate standing rep gain, so you can trade for more relics. You can do the binomial probability calculations yourself, but this isn't lottery odds, and it's reasonable and realistic if you want to rush a frame. 

Also, the speed which you acquire relics does impact this topic, as this is a topic of making use of relics.

DE will do economically better if players are happy playing their game. Making quality of life improvements is one of the better options they can choose. Also, getting rid of relics makes vaulted primes more valuable, so the need to buy them increases. This creates scarcity. 

On 2021-01-04 at 1:53 PM, I_Eat_Toast said:

so what? those 'whales' (what a stupid name for it anyway) are the ones who let the rest of the players enjoy (or not) the game for free since it pays the bills of DE - without them you would play solitair by now. if this system works for DE, i'm totally fine with the little grind-time or in-game trading if needed.

19 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

so what? those 'whales' (what a stupid name for it anyway) are the ones who let the rest of the players enjoy (or not) the game for free since it pays the bills of DE - without them you would play solitair by now. if this system works for DE, i'm totally fine with the little grind-time or in-game trading if needed.

I'm not complaining about whales. I'm just stating a microtransaction based game's method for profitability. 

Also, I'm asking for variance with ways of getting void traces. 
“The guiding tenant is try not to push them so that they’re going to grind their face off to get something but also give them enough variance so that getting those resources is interesting,”
-Carter

On 2021-01-04 at 11:24 AM, I_Eat_Toast said:

This should be a thing, I have been talking about this for years but no one was interested so I'm going to put my throughs here.

Some problems with void traces;

·       New players will have a hard time in farming for relic because of the limited cap they have.

·       The cap of void traces is limits how often you can farm for the prime parts you want.

·       Farming void traces is a pain because the amount of void traces you can receive is between 6-40. (without booster or kavat)

·       Using a kavat only makes a small difference since the affinity buff happens at random.

·       There is no option to take void traces out of other relics you have upgrade.

Solutions:

·       Take off the limit of void traces you can have and give you the ability to store them up like the old key system. This makes it to where people, (especially new players) continue to farm for prime parts without any limitations and can save their void traces for the next primes.

·       When receiving void traces after mission completion, the amount of void traces should be increased to 15-50. With this change you can gain void traces much quicker and you don`t have to rely on kavat if you don`t want to or don’t have it. (I’m aware of endless missions but its time consuming and the minority of people want to get them as quick as possible)

·       If you have void traces in a relic that you don`t need, you have the option to take it out and put them in a relic you want to use.

·       You should be able to get void traces from;

The nightwave market to buy with the nightwave currency. (25 void traces each)

Bounties from open word tilesets. (25 void traces)

Sabotage, spy, defence mission rewards and caches. (15 void traces)

And another thing to add, DE STOP MAKING MULTI RELICS FOR NO REASON. Just add two new prime parts in one relic like the duel lex relics, this just adds too many relics and makes it more of a grind for no reason, you used to do it before why change now? You don`t have to farm them, you can just click a couple of buttons and you will get he new prime parts, we can`t do that ,doing this make use have to use multi trace on more relics plus you have to come up with new number for new relics which is a waste of time for you to be doing. Seriously change this, make future primes have multi new parts in one relic, what you doing is VERRY UNESSASARY.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

This should be a thing, I have been talking about this for years but no one was interested so I'm going to put my throughs here.

Some problems with void traces;

·       New players will have a hard time in farming for relic because of the limited cap they have.

·       The cap of void traces is limits how often you can farm for the prime parts you want.

·       Farming void traces is a pain because the amount of void traces you can receive is between 6-40. (without booster or kavat)

·       Using a kavat only makes a small difference since the affinity buff happens at random.

·       There is no option to take void traces out of other relics you have upgrade.

Solutions:

·       Take off the limit of void traces you can have and give you the ability to store them up like the old key system. This makes it to where people, (especially new players) continue to farm for prime parts without any limitations and can save their void traces for the next primes.

·       When receiving void traces after mission completion, the amount of void traces should be increased to 15-50. With this change you can gain void traces much quicker and you don`t have to rely on kavat if you don`t want to or don’t have it. (I’m aware of endless missions but its time consuming and the minority of people want to get them as quick as possible)

·       If you have void traces in a relic that you don`t need, you have the option to take it out and put them in a relic you want to use.

·       You should be able to get void traces from;

The nightwave market to buy with the nightwave currency. (25 void traces each)

Bounties from open word tilesets. (25 void traces)

Sabotage, spy, defence mission rewards and caches. (15 void traces)

And another thing to add, DE STOP MAKING MULTI RELICS FOR NO REASON. Just add two new prime parts in one relic like the duel lex relics, this just adds too many relics and makes it more of a grind for no reason, you used to do it before why change now? You don`t have to farm them, you can just click a couple of buttons and you will get he new prime parts, we can`t do that ,doing this make use have to use multi trace on more relics plus you have to come up with new number for new relics which is a waste of time for you to be doing. Seriously change this, make future primes have multi new parts in one relic, what you doing is VERRY UNESSASARY.

Farming relics is EASY now compared to what it used to be. If this suggestion came in 2017 I would totally be for it. But the amount of relics i've obtained just doing missions is staggering. Getting traces is NOT hard at all. Smeeta and a Booster. Neither are expensive. Farming a kavat is SO much easier than it used to be.

Idk where you get new players have a hard time farming relics? also if DE stops making multi-relics, they drop the grind down. Thus play time, thus people getting things MUCH faster than normal. They would have to revamp their vaulting/unvaulting process and very likely throw off time spent on new frames/QOL fixes(haaaaaa).

The only suggestion i feel would even be relevant is the limit on void traces being lifted/not associated with MR Level.

Archived