Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

“Enemies affected” rather than “enemies killed”.. please!

PeridosPrime

I’ve playing Oberon recently and realized how it’s pretty much impossible to get health orbs using his 4 beyond enemies past T3 (or even T2 depending on the faction) Sortie. Even the infested who has no armor received baby damage from his 4 in steel path. (Note that I run high power strength on him, even using growing power and power drift). 

Mag’s Pull suffers the same problem but worse; it can’t kill enemies beyond lvl 20.

Both of these abilities’ on-kill effect work fantastically in lower levels, but they essentially disappear in higher levels. 

Suggestion:

Change “On-kill” from “on-affected” and lower the health orb/energy orb drop %. 

These are side effects of an ability that are not meant to proc consistently. Say, if Pull consistently gave 25 energy for a few enemies affected within say 3 seconds of hitting them with pull, energy has no meaning on Mag. If Oberon gave a health orb for every enemy hit by Reckoning, Renewal suddenly has very little point. 

Ironically, DE threw that old type of balancing away when they created mods like Synth Deconstruct, Synth Fiber and Energizing Shot. Arcanes like Energize. The entire Zenurik Tree... Adding something like this would only make those problems larger.

12 hours ago, ShichiseitenYasha said:

These are side effects of an ability that are not meant to proc consistently. Say, if Pull consistently gave 25 energy for a few enemies affected within say 3 seconds of hitting them with pull, energy has no meaning on Mag. If Oberon gave a health orb for every enemy hit by Reckoning, Renewal suddenly has very little point. 

Ironically, DE threw that old type of balancing away when they created mods like Synth Deconstruct, Synth Fiber and Energizing Shot. Arcanes like Energize. The entire Zenurik Tree... Adding something like this would only make those problems larger.

That’s the reason why I also suggested reducing the drop %.

Say hypothetically the drop rate was 10%, that would be approx 1 orb per 10 enemies or 2 per 20. This would neither trivialize Renewal nor Zenurik. Rather, this will allow, what you called, the “side effects” consistently function throughout all levels without breaking the game. 

Simply, you just need to tweak the numbers to avoid over-buffing them. 

21 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Oberon isn't the only one affected by this.. there's abilities like this without people noticing because it's always coded as kill, which with most abilities isn't even possible after lvl 10 grineer.

So yh, i hope changes like that will make it to the game. And yh, of course the %'s would need re- balance, but I'm absolutely fine with it.

I’m not a completionist-type so I haven’t played all the frames but I guess this is a larger problem if it affects not just Oberon. 

Funny thing is, Nezha already has exactly this, Blazing Chakram marks enemies (for 15 seconds at base)
so that when they die, they drop (100% of the time) Health and (35%) Energy Orbs.

With lower % numbers, this mechanic being on Oberon / Mag / whoever wouldn't introduce anything new to the game,
it'd just make those added functions of their abilities ... actually functional :P

On 2021-01-04 at 7:14 PM, ShichiseitenYasha said:

If Oberon gave a health orb for every enemy hit by Reckoning, Renewal suddenly has very little point.

I think you massively undervalue Renewal, one of its biggest features is that it sticks to your Squad members,
potentially forever, no matter how far they then move away from you.

Plus it can now heal objectives, Health Orbs (barring Arcane Pulse) are useless for that.

To say nothing of Iron / Phoenix Renewal, or how a mere 25 Health per Orb is really not all that impressive,
especially at the current non-100% drop rate, which indeed might need to get lowered still for this new version.

2 hours ago, Shaburanigud said:

While I love Oberon, I would like if his 4 got a little tweaks here and there.
For instance, it only reduces base armor so the armor reduction does nothing against Steel Path enemies.

Also some new animation updates on his skill since its age is showing.

If it reduces base armor (just like Shattering Impact) then it’s a good thing! 
If you use Shattering Impact, you’ll realize that it takes the same number of hits to strip enemy armor regardless of enemy level (e.g. grinned butchers always take 1 hit regardless of level).

x3lp explains how armor stripping using Shattering Impact works: https://youtu.be/Pcqx8sSxPBE

Archived