Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the fastest groundspeed possible solo?

PhiThagRaid

I spent an hour or four figuring out what the fastest groundspeed was that I was able to achieve solo with no conditional procs. Eg. excluding the need of an enemy or a specific situation to reach the speed.

The best I was able to practically test with a 3 forma Gauss was 6.7 sprint speed which is 50m/s in game. My testing was done at a SS of 2.59 and a PS of 238%.

The max theoretical build contains a 348% Power strength Molt/Infested Mobility and a 2.898 base sprint speed. (Had results showing that Molt was multiplicative and wiki claims the same, but I am skeptical after more calculations, will thus treat it as additive and give IM as an alternative)

Build:

Spoiler

Base Speed enhancements:

• Rush 30%
  • Armoured Agility 15%
  • Speed Drift 12%
  • Sprint Boost 15%
  • Amalgam Serration 25%
  • Karyst 10%

1.4*(1+0.3+0.15+0.12+0.15+0.25+0.1)=2.898

Strength enhancements:

• Blind Rage 99%
  • Augur Secrets 24%
  • Umbral Intensify+ 1 filler umbral 55%
  • Transient fortitude 55%
  • Power Drift 15%

100*(1+0.99+0.24+0.55+0.55+0.15)=348%

Molt/IM at 348%:

Spoiler

Molt                             IM                                   Molt Multiplicative
0.5*3.48 = 1.74            0.6*3.48=2.088               1+0.5*3.48 = 2.74 
2.898+1.74= 4.638       2.898+2.088=4.986       2.898*2.74= 7.94052 (Multiplicative molt seems too large, but still possible, I guess)

Now Gauss's Mach Rush can be added.
Based on my testing MR adds roughly 1.85 sprint speed when active:
4.638+1.85=6.488         4.986+1.85=6.836       7.94052+1.85=9.79052

Now for Conditionals:

Spoiler

There are 5 conditionals I can think of:

• Arcane Phantasm +60% sprint speed
  • Dispatch overdrive +60% sprint speed
  • Runtime +75% sprint speed
  • Pax Bolt +30% power strength
  • Growing power +25% power strength (I don't think this is worth using, as +15% sprint speed > 25%*0.5 for Molt. For IM Sprint Boost and Growing power are equal, but GP requires a condition)

Let's assume you are able to activate all 4 these buffs(excluding GP) at once. This would add 195% sprint speed and 30% power strength getting it up to 5.628(2.898+1.4*(1.95)) base sprint speed and 378% Power Strength.

Molt/IM at 378% at 5.628 SS:

Molt                             IM                                   Molt Multiplicative                Molt only Multiplicative with Base speed mods
0.5*3.78 = 1.89            0.6*3.78=2.268               1+0.5*3.48 = 2.89                1+0.5*3.48 = 2.89
5.628+1.89= 7.518      5.628+2.268=7.896        5.628*2.89= 16.26492          2.898*2.89+1.95=10.32522

Now Gauss's Mach Rush can be added.
7.518+1.85=9.368        7.896+1.85=9.746       16.26492+1.85=18.11492      10.32522+1.85=12.17522

Thus, the best unconditional groundspeed, is either 6.836 or 9.79052 roughly 51m/s and 73m/s
and the best conditional groundspeed, is either 9.746, 12.17522 or 18.11492 roughly 73m/s, 91m/s and 135m/s
all solo.

All mods and abilities I assumed additive, since that is what the stats and my experience show. Molt was given as either, as I am still uncertain about its multiplicativity.

Raw data and doubts about MM for those interested:

Spoiler

Main goal of test was to confirm that Mach Rush is just additive speed and not multiplicative with mods. A 655m mostly straight course was run on Orb Vallis. Each section has 3 runs without using Mach Rush and 3 runs using it. "~" indicates lower confidence in accuracy of time. (Stopping a few 1/10th of a second or early)

No Mods(1.4 SS):
1:00.98               26.32
1:02.34               27.32
1:02.18             ~26.5

Speed Mods(2.54 SS perhaps 2.75, can't remember if I had Sprint boost aura equipped)
35.07               ~20.05
35.31                 19.75
34.92                 19.72

Molt No Speed Mods(1.4 SS 2.19 Molt Multiplier)
~29                   17.89
~28.9                17.63
28.75                18.2

Molt With Speed Mods(2.59 SS 2.19 MM)
17.74             ~13.5
17.76                12.45
~18                  12.84

Analysis methodology:
Get average speed of each triple using the following formula: (1/T1+1/T2+1/T3)/3
Multiply by 650 as previous value is time per 1m.
Determine ratios and differences between sets of runs.

Difference between MR and non-MR tests end up at ~13.9m/s averaged over all tests +-0.4
Difference between ML and SM ~8.2m/s with and without MR +-0.25
Difference between ML and SM when Molt active ~14 with and without MR
SS Mods only seem to be multiplied by 1.75 (14/8) instead of the 2.19 expected

If there's anything I missed feel free to discuss any methods of making this faster while sticking to solo.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Does nova even need to touch the ground? She can be airborne if she wants to

Hmm well I guess the union will hear your argument when you add that into it, Nova will withdraw her harrassment claim for now.. 

On a sidenote speaking of flying, me and my clan buddies made Gauss fly in some silly shenanigans that got Gauss to about Mach 4.5 or so. At a certain point in Warframe you simply move too fast for it to be running anymore and take off at he slightest touch of the ground lol.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Can you not bring nova in every speed discussion there is?

It's almost a cheat at this point

Also, appreciate the man's four hours of time testing...even of it's already been tested

Yup, exactly why I specified groundspeed.

Teleportation =/= speed

If it has already been tested, do you have a link to such data?

10 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

It was using 12 other Tenno to boost the speed 😄 
And it's no exaggeration.

Again sounds like an exaggeration due to cap being 8 people in a squad in capture. Or are you referring to a bug?

And if so, did you actually test it or are you just referring to Zanagoth's video on the matter.

2 minutes ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Again sounds like an exaggeration due to cap being 8 people in a squad in capture. Or are you referring to a bug?

Seeing is believing...
You can probably use the 1st bug to go faster solo than you have managed so far. Enjoy the video, this is what happens when my clan gets bored :)

3 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Enjoy the video, this is what happens when my clan gets bored :)

Ah, guessed you were in his clan. That was the video I was referring to, it's a good one, yet a bit of a tangent due to my goal being focused around solo.

3 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You can probably use the 1st bug to go faster solo than you have managed so far.

All my calculations are bugless and solo. The first bug mentioned is stated to work only as a client and in captura due to arsenal access. All of my testing was also done outside of captura, but other than bugs inside and outside should yield similar ground speeds. 

3 minutes ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Ah, guessed you were in his clan. That was the video I was referring to, it's a good one, yet a bit of a tangent due to my goal being focused around solo.

All my calculations are bugless and solo. The first bug mentioned is stated to work only as a client and in captura due to arsenal access. All of my testing was also done outside of captura, but other than bugs inside and outside should yield similar ground speeds. 

Oh good point on the client side I forgot that. Well that's unfortunate then. Now I'm curious as to which is faster solo, Gauss running at full tilt or Nyx with menticide helmet tumbling.

7 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Oh good point on the client side I forgot that. Well that's unfortunate then. Now I'm curious as to which is faster solo, Gauss running at full tilt or Nyx with menticide helmet tumbling.

That'll have to be some insane tumbling to outpace minimum 51m/s.

The furthest bullet jump I have been able to achieve is about 70m straight up(Gauss +IM+parkour arcane), and I'm pretty sure bullet jumps take more than a second to perform. And I'm guessing things like rolling would be slower. 

Mirage, titania and perhaps this Nyx helmet you mentioned could help.

Just now, PhiThagRaid said:

That'll have to be some insane tumbling to outpace minimum 51m/s.

The furthest bullet jump I have been able to achieve is about 70m straight up(Gauss +IM+parkour arcane), and I'm pretty sure bullet jumps take more than a second to perform. And I'm guessing things like rolling would be slower.

Tumbling with Menticide is a hell of a lot faster than normal so I wouldn't be that suprised to be honest.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Tumbling with Menticide is a hell of a lot faster than normal so I wouldn't be that suprised to be honest.

Are these helmets still tradable, given that they have no more drop location?

From my knowledge they still take an arcane slot, so wouldn't agility and consequence arcanes outperform the helmet?

29 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You can probably use the 1st bug to go faster solo than you have managed so far.

And if we we're going for bugs in a squad, the Power Donation one would probably have been the best. Infinite strength Molt is definitely OP.

2 minutes ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Are these helmets still tradable, given that they have no more drop location?

From my knowledge they still take an arcane slot, so wouldn't agility and consequence arcanes outperform the helmet?

Tradeable yes but usually not cheap. 
And no, those aren't as fast, here's the current Dojo parkour World Record(not my run lol) which gives you an idea of the pace. Aside from the usual speed enhancing mods the keys to this are Proton Pulse for the wall latch speed bonus and of course the Menticide helmet.

1 minute ago, PhiThagRaid said:

And if we we're going for bugs in a squad, the Power Donation one would probably have been the best. Infinite strength Molt is definitely OP.

Oh yeh we did that in the past too, check out his video of when we turned my Railjack into a racetrack 🤣

Archived