Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the fastest groundspeed possible solo?

PhiThagRaid

On 2021-01-06 at 11:07 AM, PhiThagRaid said:

At what point does a bulletjump and parkour velocity build stop being groundspeed, though? I believe rolling is an acceptable maneuver, but bullet jumping starts forcing you to be off the ground.

Ah forgot about friction mods, they can possibly make a grounded volt better.

Kangaroos are flight speed, confirmed. 👍

4 hours ago, BahamutKaiser said:

Find me any land animal that moves 85m/s or 300km/h.

Have you seen the definition of sophistry? 

I have now, and well, that was sort of the point, comparisons to real world animals is not applicable due to the massive difference in speeds we are talking about. A more accurate translation to the real world would be a sports car that somehow is faster when its wheels aren't touching the ground. Would you call it a landspeed record if they made a plane that touches the ground every now and then(somehow without damaging itself), but is a majority of the time in the air?

The same guy making new threads rather than publishing demonstrations? 

It would be a land speed record if the car was jumping rather than rolling. As all high speed running involves catapulting off the ground in several bursts, your point is doubly false, jumping is ground speed, only Grendel rolls.

You can set any arbitrary limitations you want on your test, but you can't redefine ground speed for the community. Maybe what you want is "running speed".

3 minutes ago, BahamutKaiser said:

The same guy making new threads rather than publishing demonstrations? 

Obviously this is not a recreation,  firstly I did not start that thread and secondly the threads are about different ranges of things.

5 minutes ago, BahamutKaiser said:

It would be a land speed record if the car was jumping rather than rolling. As all high speed running involves catapulting off the ground in several bursts, your point is doubly false, jumping is ground speed, only Grendel rolls.

You can set any arbitrary limitations you want on your test, but you can't redefine ground speed for the community. Maybe what you want is "running speed".

Okay, then let's drop the stupid arguing that adds nothing to the actual thread. Do you have any useful data to add relating to this build?

Archived