Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Thoughts On The Gradivus Dilemma: Loyalty And Sacrifice

SkyGoBrrrr

I know this is long, and I apologize. I would try to break this down a bit, but I can't seem to do so. If I can think of a TL;DR I’ll put it at the bottom. Before there’s any flame/rage/finger pointing I’ll say this: yes, I did side with Corpus. I tried to keep this as unbiased as possible though, hopefully I was successful.

The thing I dislike most about this event is how DE dangled a little bit of lore in front of the community and everyone went berserk. "Corpus have Tenno! Save them! Side with the Grineer!". What was Vor doing when he found each and every player in the very first cutscene, before the tutorial? Oh, right. He was trying to capture/kill a Tenno. YOU.

Yes, the Corpus plan on using the Tenno for the Zanuka Project, but does everyone really think the Grineer haven't used Tenno for their modifications? Also, here's a bit of official lore from the Sling-Stone event: "As much as we would like the Corpus to suffer, we cannot let such a massive growth in Grineer influence to go unchecked.". Would taking over and enslaving an entire planet be doing just this?

The Corpus broke the treaty by not turning over the pods. Wait, turning over? I can understand sharing the profits, but a complete turnover? Alad wants a more profitable deal out of their "partnership" and he's using the Tenno as leverage, while Ruk just wants Tenno. Seems like Ruk has some explaining to do.

If you put aside the lore and look at the Event rewards, things start to get a little messy. The Detron looks like a Vasto in a box, yes. Some people have other names for it, but it actually looks decent. As for its functionality, no one really knows, but considering it’s Corpus design I can foresee a Spartan Laser-esque box of death. Not everyone likes the Prova and that's understandable - currently it's only really useful against the Corpus. However, Armor 2.0 is around the corner. Keep an open mind.

Meanwhile you have the Grineer Machete, which the normal one is downright dismal. It's literally the Grineer's Skana. With that in mind, look at the Skana Prime. That's quite possibly what you'd get with the Machete Wraith. I know that Wraith doesn't equate to Prime, but I doubt DE would buff it past a weapon that cost money. For T3 rewards, you have a large Seer - the Brakk. Some people are claiming it's a grenade launcher, others a smaller Ogris. Where they're getting this info I have no clue, because the only description we have is that it's semi-automatic versus the "ferocious" Detron. Personally I think it might function similar to the Blunderbuss in Black Ops 2: Mob of the Dead. For those of you that shun or don’t play CoD, it’s a four barrel shotgun.

And now a very delicate subject: Battle Pay. Before I dive too deep into this, I do want to bring attention to the fact that there are numerous Tenno (to include DE members) that are “riding the line” per say, keeping the number of Corpus missions and Grineer missions even until the last day of the event. While this can be advantageous, the Tenno get the best Battle Pay all the time (yay, taters!) and keep the option of getting the supercharged hand cannon, they're ruining the overall aspect of the event. Had DE hidden the Battle Pay until after the node was completed, or made it so you had to stay loyal to your original decision, it would not only create a more balanced "war" event, it would make the outcome much more interesting.

Now, I'll admit, I was one of the irate players in the beginning due to the Grineer getting all the good rewards. While it was not a necessity to get the event moving, I knew that the Corpus wouldn't only give Credits, so I still had hope. It was the start of the Great Potato War that I knew the tables were turning, for the time being at least. There was still a few unbalanced Battle Pay in the mix (like a Vaubaun helmet BP versus 150k credits), but the Corpus seems to have learned it's lesson and are, at times, offering decent rewards. Will they continue to learn from the Grineer and hand out persuasive rewards? Only time will tell.

Due to multiple people saying that hiding the Battle Pay wouldn't change anything, I'm going to add something. The leaderboards combined with the Battle Pay is the reason this event is as bad as it is. You can't have such an unfair Battle Pay at the start of the war when you have split leaderboards, the larger clans decided who they were supporting after the event was live. If someone in the clan was going against the grain and supporting the opposite faction, they were kicked from the clan to keep the leaderboard scores higher. Leaderboards were the deciding factor of this event, no more.

Let's continue this talk with the core values of the event - Loyalty and Sacrifice. The slogan, for lack of a better term, of the Grineer is Loyalty. While I can see the aspect of this choice can be loyal, you’re “rescuing” unknown Tenno from Alad and the Corpus, there’s also a large degree of sacrifice. The Grineer are enslaving someone. We don't know if they're Corpus civilians, Tenno, who they are. Ruk seems to think you're already his servant based on his in-game dialogue. Now to me, this doesn’t seem like loyalty, this sounds more like servitude. Yes, it’s just in-game dialogue, but my point still stands. Would the Grineer recognize the Tenno loyalty in the future, or would they view them as a weaker enemy due to past decisions? Not counting Mars as it is being disputed as we speak, the Corpus own three out of fourteen planets. That’s barely more than 20% of the system, compared to the 50% (again, not counting Mars) that the Grineer own. This leaves the Infested, who are being ignored for the event even though they were on Mars, with 30% of the system. To tie this into loyalty, let us remember the job of the Tenno: to preserve the balance of the system. While this concept is debated on, it seems to be true. We were awakened from Cryo due to the fact that the Grineer and it’s vast armies are trying to control the system. Would it be loyal to break away from that duty, causing the Grineer to gain even more power?

On the flipside we have Sacrifice, the Corpus slogan. By siding with the Corpus we're sacrificing unknown Tenno (we don't know who, or how many) to Alad V while ensuring the Grineer empire doesn't grow larger. Now, there's a lot of people that don't understand the value of sacrifice and it's not something easily explained. It is something that is needed every now and then, though. While the Zanuka Project may yield more power to the Corpus, it would also prevent more power going to the Grineer. I've heard numerous people tell me "I chose Grineer because Corpus are easier to kill", among other things related to the difficulty of fighting against the Grineer. What seems to be overlooked is that by fighting with the Grineer makes them stronger and more prominent - effectively destroying the already imbalanced state the system is in. Now, we don't know how the Tenno came about. We don't know if it was like our militaries where it's a volunteer/drafted position or if it's something one was born into (while this can also be viewed as a drafted position, there’s a large difference between drafting and being born into something. See: Sparta). However, to preserve the balance in the system, sacrificing a few will preserve the many.  Yes, the Corpus would gain power, possibly getting a revamped enemy or even a new one, but would that be so bad? The Corpus are primarily merchants, killing them is easy. Wouldn't it add more excitement to fighting them if suddenly they had a new enemy? Some view the Berserker Warframe as the outcome of the Zanuka Project, saying “I don’t want to fight that!”. Based on it’s design, we can eliminate that thought. Rather, the Berserker appears to have broken away from the Corpus.

I've seen opinions that the Corpus, if successful, would create a weapon or unit powerful enough to wipe out both the Grineer or the Tenno. For that I only say "for every action, there is a reaction". The Grineer would find a way to counteract the Zanuka Project, whatever it is. The Tenno will always prevail as they have.

So are you loyal, or do you understand the value of a sacrifice?

Edited by Colorswirl

You pretty much summed up my thoughts on the grand scheme of the event, but explained it in a way that doesn't sound like you have nuts and bolts rattling around in your head. I also decided to support the Corpus with this in mind.

Edited by Haldos

You pretty much summed up my thoughts on the grand scheme of the event, but explained it in a way that doesn't sound like you have nuts and bolts rattling around in your head. I also decided to support the Corpus with this in mind.

I actually put a lot of thought into this, even going as far as posting it on the Wiki to see the reactions of people before posting here and getting potential flame. Thanks! c:

I came across this dilemma myself after the first day as I thought about it (after going 25 missions for the Grineer). Both sides are ill-favored, but there was talk of another faction during the one livestream was their not? As a small note, this conflict could end with the introduction of another faction possibly.

The Grineer are conquerors by nature and knowing this I realize they are confiscating Mars space from the Corpus, but I've come to the conclusion that Mars is not, in the grand scheme of things, an overly important planet if we look at who the Corpus originally stationed there. Personally I like the corpus rewards better and I know sacrificing a few can be for the good of many but I must draw on another old adage if you will.

One person can make a difference.

These few Tenno we save could indeed help us tip the scales in OUR favor. I feel it's been forgotten than we Tenno are also a faction and that we hold no footholds in the system besides our dojos. Even the Orokin Towers and Derelicts do not recognize us as their owners, which is troubling indeed.

I side with the Grineer, because even though they gain power through this choice I will be saving my fellows to allow our own forces to grow stronger to fight back against the renewed assault of the Grineer. We must also factor in there are Tenno siding with the Corpus. Whoever wins, both sides will be severely weakened just from this fight alone amongst themselves.

Color you genius!!!!

this does sum it up!!! 

:D

but aside form my evident excitement, your right choose "Loyalty" or "sacrifice" and we dont even know what will happen in the end if one side wins all we have is speculation.

Khi, this might provide the start for a new event involving the infested starting to take over and/or become more prominent in the system.

VVV

"Whoever wins, both sides will be severely weakened just from this fight alone amoungst themselves."

Edited by QuinnsWing

"I side with someone who 100% will kill my brethren, because other side would possibly kill my brethren".

Dat logic.

I tried to keep this as unbiased as possible though, hopefully I was successful.

You're biased beyond any recognition. Just read your part about weapons. I'm not even talking about your factions review.

Edited by Khranitel

I know this is long, and I apologize. I would try to break this down a bit, but I can't seem to do so. If I can think of a TL;DR I’ll put it at the bottom. Before there’s any flame/rage/finger pointing I’ll say this: yes, I did side with Corpus. I tried to keep this as unbiased as possible though, hopefully I was successful.

The thing I dislike most about this event is how DE dangled a little bit of lore in front of the community and everyone went berserk. "Corpus have Tenno! Save them! Side with the Grineer!". What was Vor doing when he found each and every player in the very first cutscene, before the tutorial? Oh, right. He was trying to capture/kill a Tenno. YOU.

Yes, the Corpus plan on using the Tenno for the Zanuka Project, but does everyone really think the Grineer haven't used Tenno for their modifications? Also, here's a bit of official lore from the Sling-Stone event: "As much as we would like the Corpus to suffer, we cannot let such a massive growth in Grineer influence to go unchecked.". Would taking over and enslaving an entire planet be doing just this?

The Corpus broke the treaty by not turning over the pods. Wait, turning over? I can understand sharing the profits, but a complete turnover? Alad wants a more profitable deal out of their "partnership" and he's using the Tenno as leverage, while Ruk just wants Tenno. Seems like Ruk has some explaining to do.

If you put aside the lore and look at the Event rewards, things start to get a little messy. The Detron looks like a Vasto in a box, yes. Some people have other names for it, but it actually looks decent. As for its functionality, no one really knows, but considering it’s Corpus design I can foresee a Spartan Laser-esque box of death. Not everyone likes the Prova and that's understandable - currently it's only really useful against the Corpus. However, Armor 2.0 is around the corner. Keep an open mind.

Meanwhile you have the Grineer Machete, which the normal one is downright dismal. It's literally the Grineer's Skana. With that in mind, look at the Skana Prime. That's quite possibly what you'd get with the Machete Wraith. I know that Wraith doesn't equate to Prime, but I doubt DE would buff it past a weapon that cost money. For T3 rewards, you have a large Seer - the Brakk. Some people are claiming it's a grenade launcher, others a smaller Ogris. Where they're getting this info I have no clue, because the only description we have is that it's semi-automatic versus the "ferocious" Detron. Personally I think it might function similar to the Blunderbuss in Black Ops 2: Mob of the Dead. For those of you that shun or don’t play CoD, it’s a four barrel shotgun.

And now a very delicate subject: Battle Pay. Before I dive too deep into this, I do want to bring attention to the fact that there are numerous Tenno (to include DE members) that are “riding the line” per say, keeping the number of Corpus missions and Grineer missions even until the last day of the event. While this can be advantageous, the Tenno get the best Battle Pay all the time (yay, taters!) and keep the option of getting the supercharged hand cannon, they're ruining the overall aspect of the event. Had DE hidden the Battle Pay until after the node was completed, or made it so you had to stay loyal to your original decision, it would not only create a more balanced "war" event, it would make the outcome much more interesting.

Now, I'll admit, I was one of the irate players in the beginning due to the Grineer getting all the good rewards. While it was not a necessity to get the event moving, I knew that the Corpus wouldn't only give Credits, so I still had hope. It was the start of the Great Potato War that I knew the tables were turning, for the time being at least. There was still a few unbalanced Battle Pay in the mix (like a Vaubaun helmet BP versus 150k credits), but the Corpus seems to have learned it's lesson and are, at times, offering decent rewards. Will they continue to learn from the Grineer and hand out persuasive rewards? Only time will tell.

Let's continue this talk with the core values of the event - Loyalty and Sacrifice. The slogan, for lack of a better term, of the Grineer is Loyalty. While I can see the aspect of this choice can be loyal, you’re “rescuing” unknown Tenno from Alad and the Corpus, there’s also a large degree of sacrifice. The Grineer are enslaving someone. We don't know if they're Corpus civilians, Tenno, who they are. Ruk seems to think you're already his servant based on his in-game dialogue. Now to me, this doesn’t seem like loyalty, this sounds more like servitude. Yes, it’s just in-game dialogue, but my point still stands. Would the Grineer recognize the Tenno loyalty in the future, or would they view them as a weaker enemy due to past decisions? Not counting Mars as it is being disputed as we speak, the Corpus own three out of fourteen planets. That’s barely more than 20% of the system, compared to the 50% (again, not counting Mars) that the Grineer own. This leaves the Infested, who are being ignored for the event even though they were on Mars, with 30% of the system. To tie this into loyalty, let us remember the job of the Tenno: to preserve the balance of the system. While this concept is debated on, it seems to be true. We were awakened from Cryo due to the fact that the Grineer and it’s vast armies are trying to control the system. Would it be loyal to break away from that duty, causing the Grineer to gain even more power?

On the flipside we have Sacrifice, the Corpus slogan. By siding with the Corpus we're sacrificing unknown Tenno (we don't know who, or how many) to Alad V while ensuring the Grineer empire doesn't grow larger. Now, there's a lot of people that don't understand the value of sacrifice and it's not something easily explained. It is something that is needed every now and then, though. While the Zanuka Project may yield more power to the Corpus, it would also prevent more power going to the Grineer. I've heard numerous people tell me "I chose Grineer because Corpus are easier to kill", among other things related to the difficulty of fighting against the Grineer. What seems to be overlooked is that by fighting with the Grineer makes them stronger and more prominent - effectively destroying the already imbalanced state the system is in. Now, we don't know how the Tenno came about. We don't know if it was like our militaries where it's a volunteer/drafted position or if it's something one was born into (while this can also be viewed as a drafted position, there’s a large difference between drafting and being born into something. See: Sparta). However, to preserve the balance in the system, sacrificing a few will preserve the many.  Yes, the Corpus would gain power, possibly getting a revamped enemy or even a new one, but would that be so bad? The Corpus are primarily merchants, killing them is easy. Wouldn't it add more excitement to fighting them if suddenly they had a new enemy? Some view the Berserker Warframe as the outcome of the Zanuka Project, saying “I don’t want to fight that!”. Based on it’s design, we can eliminate that thought. Rather, the Berserker appears to have broken away from the Corpus.

I've seen opinions that the Corpus, if successful, would create a weapon or unit powerful enough to wipe out both the Grineer or the Tenno. For that I only say "for every action, there is a reaction". The Grineer would find a way to counteract the Zanuka Project, whatever it is. The Tenno will always prevail as they have.

So are you loyal, or do you understand the value of a sacrifice?

I'm not earning your detron for you bro, sorry.

The Corpus must be made to understand some things can not be bought.

"I side with someone who 100% will kill my brethren, because other side would possibly kill my brethren".

Dat logic.

You're biased beyond any recognition. Just read your part about weapons. I'm not even talking about your factions review.

Do tell how the weapon piece was bias. We have nothing to go off of for the hand cannons and nothing but current stats of the Prova and Machete. The Machete is a reskinned Skana with different animations. If DE decides to take the Machete Wraith and make it outperform a weapon that costs a player $99 to acquire, there's something wrong. Yes, the Skana Prime isn't the best melee, but to take a reskin and make it better? 

The Prova is a melee that deals Electric damage, which is best used against the Corpus. Armor 2.0 is around the corner, making radical changes to how damage is done. Steve posted a quick little Excel sheet describing how it'll work in the Design Council, which I'm sure you can find on Reddit since you aren't a Founder. Basically, depending how they go about implementing it, the Prova could become one of the most used melee weapons in the game due to the fact it's already dealing Electric damage. 

I'm not earning your detron for you bro, sorry.

The Corpus must be made to understand some things can not be bought.

I'm not asking people to switch sides, I'm simply stating my opinion on the event. 

What could the Corpus learn that they don't already know? They already know the Grineer are the superpower, is it so wrong of them to try to strike a better deal with them? If that confuses you, read the transcripts from the conversation Alad and Ruk had. 

Considering one of the very first things we're told is that the Grineer are spreading and need to be stopped, this seems like the perfect opportunity to do so.

Besides, if we're "the Betrayers," we may as well help out our old BFFs the Corpus, right?

Damn people are really taking this event way too serious. I mean, we don't even know if the Tennos are the good guys, and here you try to judge Grineer vs Corpus? 

If the Tenno is smart, he would side with the best offer, and then uses that earned resource against both Grineer and Corpus.

Also, you guys are probably have slayed thousands of Corpus and Grineer, but now you suddenly felt sympathy for the Corpus? ROFL.... Wait until the new boss Alad V with the new Berserker frame implemented, I'm pretty sure you will go and kill his &#! over and over and over until you get that frame. 

Too much hypocrisy in this thread.

Damn people are really taking this event way too serious. I mean, we don't even know if the Tennos are the good guys, and here you try to judge Grineer vs Corpus? 

If the Tenno is smart, he would side with the best offer, and then uses that earned resource against both Grineer and Corpus.

Also, you guys are probably have slayed thousands of Corpus and Grineer, but now you suddenly felt sympathy for the Corpus? ROFL.... Wait until the new boss Alad V with the new Berserker frame implemented, I'm pretty sure you will go and kill his &#! over and over and over until you get that frame. 

Too much hypocrisy in this thread.

I read the lore, I watched the event unfold, I wrote about it. That isn't taking things "too serious", that's getting into the games story. 

From what little information we have, contrary to your belief it's pretty clear Tenno aren't mercenaries. 

Also, while to you it may seem that I'm saying "CHOOSE CORPUS IT'S THE ONLY RIGHT THING TO DO", I'm not. I'm taking what DE has given us and speculating on it. Am I going to play the new gas planet tileset and kill Alad to get Berserker? Yes. However, there's multiple lore related reasons as to why we would do that for both outcomes of the event. This thread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/123670-the-outcomes-of-corpus-vs-grineer/'>here here depicts a few of them. 

"Oh no, you misunderstand I'm not helping the Grineer, I'm helping the Tenno".

Even funnier is when people act like us Corpus supporters are actually backing the Corpus and not just fighting the Grineer. Damn right I intend to go back to fighting the Corpus once this is done. I side with the innocents caught in the crossfire of the Corpus-Grineer war, anyone who threatens them is my enemy.

OPs post is idle speculation. With the meager information we have on hand, the only small indication we have of a possible good solution for the Tenno would be to side with the Grineer. And yet, take this into account, it's only a small INDICATION.

If you look into the dialogue provided in the missions, Alad openly confesses to having great plans for the pods. He also taunts you by saying he wants to add your Warframe to his inventory. This suggets towards him wanting to experiment with the Tenno, something we would definitely not want.

Simultaneously, the only threats you get from Ruk are that he's going to kill you and that you're betraying your own kind. He also asks you to switch sides. Note how he doesn't mention anywhere that he wants anything but conquest.

This is the only info we have and it is possible this is a trap and that we're being misled to believe these words "Loyalty" and "Sacrifice" actually mean what they stand for.

However, disregarding lore, for meta-gamers, there's an even worse dilemma: The Rewards Dilemma.

1) Becoming a merc: you can get numerous potatoes, credits, resources by siding with whichever faction wins a particular battle. It will enable you to empower a lot of gear and create new stuff more easily. You will not get the end rewards, but you don't care about those.

2) Waiting and then siding with the faction that wins the war: You will get some random stuff, some potatoes, some resources, but you'll also end up with a lot of credits too. You will ensure that you get two new slots for weapons, to free players this is absolutely the most valuable resource.

So this dilemma is more than just factions and lore, it's about whether or not you as a player choose to meta-game and if you choose gear over lore or vice versa. I find this event to be the most interesting one thus far, because it really smacks you in the face with the question:

What kind of player are you?

Edit: it should also be noted that neither faction can be trusted here, they're both likely to knife us in the back. If it were up to me, I would have rather led the Infested into this war in an attempt to fatally damage both factions here.

Edited by Hap-muhr

Loyalty and Sacrifice are Grineer and Corpus propaganda. Take their battle pay and kill them all. Tenno being Grineer or Corpus fan boys is a total disgrace. The Grineer and the Corpus are the enemy. They are boh depraved tyrants. Both of them hunt Tenno and this will not change. Again, take their battle pay and slaughter them all. Just support the invading side. Support the grineer invasion then flip sides to the corpus counter invasion. On Wednesday, do an extra match for which ever gun you want.

This matches lore and it's the smart thing to do.  The invasions will be over faster so there will be more invasions and we'll get more battle pay.

Edited by ThePresident777

Loyalty and Sacrifice are Grineer and Corpus propaganda. Take their battle pay and kill them all. Tenno being Grineer or Corpus fan boys is a total disgrace. The Grineer and the Corpus are the enemy. They are boh depraved tyrants. Both of them hunt Tenno and this will not change. Again, take their battle pay and slaughter them all. Just support the invading side. Support the grineer invasion then flip sides to the corpus counter invasion. On Wednesday, do an extra match for which ever gun you want.

This matches both lore and it's the smart thing to do.  The invasions will be over faster so there will be more invasions and we'll get more battle pay.

How does it match the lore to switch sides constantly? Tenno are not mercenaries. There's no "fan boy" aspect to this, it's a not so simple "who and what is the lesser evil?". This is why this event is such a hot topic and so interesting, because there's no clear choice. For those that read and care about the lore, it's a little easier, but still difficult for some. Always siding with the invading faction isn't really a good choice, either. Yes, it might make the event yield more Battle Pay, but it doesn't help the lore at all. 

How does it match the lore to switch sides constantly? Tenno are not mercenaries. There's no "fan boy" aspect to this, it's a not so simple "who and what is the lesser evil?". This is why this event is such a hot topic and so interesting, because there's no clear choice. For those that read and care about the lore, it's a little easier, but still difficult for some. Always siding with the invading faction isn't really a good choice, either. Yes, it might make the event yield more Battle Pay, but it doesn't help the lore at all. 

It matches lore because the Tenno fight Grineer, Corpus, and Infested all the time, without getting paid, to weaken them all.  It's totally simple.  There is no lesser evil.  They're all depraved tyrants.  Alad V wants to capture Tenno as much as Vor does.  Regardless of which side wins, they will continue to hunt Tenno.

You see Grineer and Corpus fan boys all over the forums now recruiting for strictly one side instead of fighting them all like Tenno always do.

Fighting on the invasion side leads to fighting both Grineer and Corpus because the Corpus will mount a counter invasion to the Grineer's invasion.  It will go back and forth until Wednesday.

When I started up the first bit of lore I read was that the Tenno were warriors beyond compare and that though some held the ancient codes of chivalry close to their heart, others were simple mercenaries fighting for wealth and fame. Time has come to see where each Tenno stands, do you fight for your fellow Tenno, the innocent inhabitants of the Sol system or only for yourself? Loyalty to your kin. A warrior's sacrifice to protect the innocent. A blade for hire. These are the choices laid out before us.

Technically he's right, working as a mercenary only out for themselves is something the Tenno have been described as doing at one point.

When I started up the first bit of lore I read was that the Tenno were warriors beyond compare and that though some held the ancient codes of chivalry close to their heart, others were simple mercenaries fighting for wealth and fame. Time has come to see where each Tenno stands, do you fight for your fellow Tenno, the innocent inhabitants of the Sol system or only for yourself? Loyalty to your kin. A warrior's sacrifice to protect the innocent. A blade for hire. These are the choices laid out before us.

Technically he's right, working as a mercenary only out for themselves is something the Tenno have been described as doing at one point.

And, in this conflict there is no separation between the mercenary and the chivalrous because both Grineer and Corpus are the enemy and that will not change.  So the only thing to do is bleed them both dry, financially and physically.

By siding with one faction and doing the same invasion all the time we are giving the enemy free services.  We are fighting the same invasion more than five times at the price of doing it five times.  That is aiding and abetting the enemy, and all for a silly trophy.  What the hell am I supposed to do with a damn trophy?  Throw it behind me and hope the infested are feeling playful as I run away?

fight on the winning side for each individual location to get battle pay

have more grineer missions overall cos grineer will win

craft detron when it inevitably comes out publicly next update (if it doesn't suck).

Anything else is failure.

And, in this conflict there is no separation between the mercenary and the chivalrous because both Grineer and Corpus are the enemy and that will not change.  So the only thing to do is bleed them both dry, financially and physically.

By siding with one faction and doing the same invasion all the time we are giving the enemy free services.  We are fighting the same invasion more than five times at the price of doing it five times.  That is aiding and abetting the enemy, and all for a silly trophy.  What the hell am I supposed to do with a damn trophy?  Throw it behind me and hope the infested are feeling playful as I run away?

Well, there is, there is a huge difference between the chivalrous Tenno and the mercenary here. Some Tenno are fighting for more than themselves here, either for the lives of their fellow Tenno or for the lives of the civilians caught in the path of the Grineer. I'm not fighting with the Corpus, I'm fighting against the Grineer and the Corpus happen to have the same enemy. I never once considered the rewards when I chose my side, I chose to fight for a higher cause than money or equipment.

Some trophy I get doesn't mean jack to me either, but I chose to fight for a cause. Maybe you don't get that, maybe killing the enemy is all that matters to you but there are a lot of people out there fighting for more than themselves.

Grineer will win this conflict, not because of rewards, but because most players want a easy game.

Proof of that is Phobos. A more detailed tileset than the others, and still I always find myself alone there, rarely there's any player around to help me at least with some revives.

So they want easy game with maximized profit (more loot). The numbers of noobs asking for Void missions in Region chat is terrible, why they simply dont do any defense missions to get their own keys? Because they want everything easy, chewed-up. Thats the reason why I approve this event: its showing what the playerbase is.

I sided with the Corpus and will not do 50/50 missions. Im not even interested in the weapons anymore, just doing it for fun now, because the maps are very action-packed, like Phobos is.

Well, there is, there is a huge difference between the chivalrous Tenno and the mercenary here. Some Tenno are fighting for more than themselves here, either for the lives of their fellow Tenno or for the lives of the civilians caught in the path of the Grineer. I'm not fighting with the Corpus, I'm fighting against the Grineer and the Corpus happen to have the same enemy. I never once considered the rewards when I chose my side, I chose to fight for a higher cause than money or equipment.

Some trophy I get doesn't mean jack to me either, but I chose to fight for a cause. Maybe you don't get that, maybe killing the enemy is all that matters to you but there are a lot of people out there fighting for more than themselves.

Regardless of which side you fight next to, you are fighting for the same cause and neither side is fighting for what you are fighting for because both Grineer and Corpus are depraved tyrants. So, you may as well bleed them both.

Neither the Grineer or Corpus are allies or even clients. They just give us free loot and are too stupid to shoot at us.  I'd just as well shoot them all and take the loot myself.

Grineer will win this conflict, not because of rewards, but because most players want a easy game.

Proof of that is Phobos. A more detailed tileset than the others, and still I always find myself alone there, rarely there's any player around to help me at least with some revives.

So they want easy game with maximized profit (more loot). The numbers of noobs asking for Void missions in Region chat is terrible, why they simply dont do any defense missions to get their own keys? Because they want everything easy, chewed-up. Thats the reason why I approve this event: its showing what the playerbase is.

I sided with the Corpus and will not do 50/50 missions. Im not even interested in the weapons anymore, just doing it for fun now, because the maps are very action-packed, like Phobos is.

Hopefully DE sees that the players want an easier game and turn the tables on them. I for one want a more challenging game, something I wish more people wanted as well. Honestly, I don't see how the Grineer are "hard". Yes, they have strong heavies, but they still go down in a short click. 

A thoughtful analysis.  Too bad you have to do DE's job for them.  

I wish I could work for DE. ಠ_ಠ

fight on the winning side for each individual location to get battle pay

have more grineer missions overall cos grineer will win

craft detron when it inevitably comes out publicly next update (if it doesn't suck).

Anything else is failure.

Is there such a thing as failure, beyond death? If I support Corpus and a node is successfully invaded by Grineer, it doesn't tell me I failed. 

The first bit of lore you see in-game is actually "They were called TENNO. Warriors of blade and gun - masters of the WARFRAME armor. Those that survived the Old War were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more. The GRINEER, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars - as a menace approaches...". This is taken from the intro cutscene prior to the tutorial, which is the first thing any new player sees now. There's currently no lore page in-game about the Tenno. The Wiki has that same tidbit of lore that you mentioned, citing the Warframe website as the source, but unless I looked in all the wrong places, it's nowhere to be found.

With that being said, there's no official proof anymore that Tenno are mercenaries.