Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Objective markers getting hidden while aiming?

(NSW)M0rgarath

Question

Every time i aim with my primary weapon all objective markers disappear rather quickly and stay hidden until i stop aiming. Is there a setting i'm too blind to see to prevent this behavior, which is honestly incredibly annoying and serves no purpose except worsening gameplay?

Especially using weapons like Zenith with its alt fire this shouldn't be a thing. 

9 answers to this question

1 minute ago, McCIoud said:

The point of them disappearing while aiming... Is so you can aim

You can aim with them visible too without issues. 

And with Zenith alt fire for example you sometimes want to fire at stuff without having line of sight, for example in profit taker at the pylons, or at a capture target that is running away etc. Doing this with the markers still there would be much better. The way it is now, if i want to shoot the profittaker pylon trough a mountain i have to exactly remember where that marker is. Even more annoying in the case of moving targets like the capture scenario.

Ok so when you are aiming you tend to be focusing on a single target. Case and point: snipers. You don't just use a sniper without aiming. Also for aming you have to hit a specific key to do it. It's very hard to "accidentally aim" mate. I'm sorry, but if you are too blind to not see the objective markers in general that's a you problem. This is a game about mobility. Each frame can move relatively quick, even the "slow ones" such as grendal and inaros. Covering ground is easy tbh. Why you would want to notice 20 other markets while trying to aim and hit 1 guy is beyond me. 

Just now, (NSW)M0rgarath said:

And with Zenith alt fire for example you sometimes want to fire at stuff without having line of sight, for example in profit taker at the pylons, or at a capture target that is running away etc. Doing this with the markers still there would be much better. The way it is now, if i want to shoot the profittaker pylon trough a mountain i have to exactly remember where that marker is. Even more annoying in the case of moving targets like the capture scenario.

xD ok ok ok. So the zenith alt fire highlights enemies and has infinite punch through. Ok so I kind of get where your coming from but 1) you could not aim? I mean alt fire zenith is stupid accurate imo, plus it's a hit scan weapon I think (it means if you can hit a target and fire the target gets hit instantly. Most rifles are like this, other weapons such as shotguns and snipers aren't). 2) profit taker markers are gonna be easy to see cause of the shield lol. Also they don't move so if your still having issues aim in the general area and fire until you see damage numbers flash up? Idk mate, It really seems like a you problem 

6 minutes ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

Ok so when you are aiming you tend to be focusing on a single target. Case and point: snipers. You don't just use a sniper without aiming. Also for aming you have to hit a specific key to do it. It's very hard to "accidentally aim" mate. 

I never said anything about using a sniper without aiming and i never complained about accidentally doing so, so i have no idea where you're coming from. 

8 minutes ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

I'm sorry, but if you are too blind to not see the objective markers in general that's a you problem.  

You can't see something that simply isn't there...

9 minutes ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

This is a game about mobility. Each frame can move relatively quick, even the "slow ones" such as grendal and inaros. Covering ground is easy tbh. 

True, but isn't related at all to my question.

6 minutes ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

plus it's a hit scan weapon I think (it means if you can hit a target and fire the target gets hit instantly. Most rifles are like this, other weapons such as shotguns and snipers aren't).

I know what a hitscan weapon is, and it isn't really related to weapon type, but rather specific weapon, there are hitscan snipers (rubico..) and shotguns too.. 

9 minutes ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

profit taker markers are gonna be easy to see cause of the shield lol. Also they don't move so if your still having issues aim in the general area and fire until you see damage numbers flash up? Idk mate, It really seems like a you problem 

Most scenarios for which you want the marker visible are scenarios in which you don't see the shield either, because there is a freaking mountain in between.. Fire rate isn't that amazing in alt fire, just shooting in the general direction of a rather slim pylon like 100m away until something hits isn't really ideal, especially because the whole point of using zenith is to do it as fast as possible. And your whole point with damage numbers is rather pointless if you can't see whether or not you destroyed the target due to the maker being not visible while aiming. So you would have to stop aiming and wait for the marker to get visible again to check its status, which again, isn't ideal and would be much faster if the markers simply would not be hidden while aiming. 

But yeah i could try to simply not aim and see how that goes, but on console with controller you really want every help possible to do such precise aiming at far away targets... Also with Multishot it isn't even that accurate for the multishot bullets at greater distances..

Probably don't fight everyone where you're trying to get help?

2 hours ago, (NSW)M0rgarath said:

this shouldn't be a thing. 

Some of the folks here simply trying to shed light that it is a thing because snipers (and people who look through scope to be find more accuracy) appreciate as few distractions as possible. 

Anyway, hope you'll find someone who can help you.

3 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Probably don't fight everyone where you're trying to get help?

Some of the folks here simply trying to shed light that it is a thing because snipers (and people who look through scope to be find more accuracy) appreciate as few distractions as possible. 

Anyway, hope you'll find someone who can help you.

I'm not fighting anyone. It's just funny to get called too stupid to play the game for asking if you can turn this off because it's legitimately, indisputable bad for certain scenarios. 

I'm not debating that some people, in some situations, find this behavior useful. But there are for sure also situations in which it's actually bad and worsens gameplay, and hence it should be an optional setting. Just like the whole using sniper scopes is a setting too for a similar reason.  

Late response here but I fully agree it should be an optional setting. I find my situational awareness is noticeably reduced while aiming since this was changed. 

Took a break from the game for a few months and found this thread trying to google whether I could toggle this off or not. I don't understand the hostility. Objective markers are useful, especially when tracking enemies behind walls that you quite literally cannot see while you're aiming, or tracking pickup items on the ground. It's also nearly impossible to track tankier marked targets in low-light environments while using high fire-rate weapons that explode on target. It would be nice if we could have the option to either enable/disable them while aiming.

Archived