[Poll] As long term veterans, are you interested in long endurance runs?

Warframe is the long endurance run

As i have been playing since 2014, this is the 2nd longest game i have been active in (guess what is the longest). Watching players come and go, changes to visuals, expanding tilesets, and interesting ideas with mods, powers, companions, and all that is part of the enduring aspects that keep me in it. 

As for long runs, they are relative. For instance, i used to enjoy doing Excavator missions til we had 1000 cryotic. Now i can barely get anyone going past 400. I recently did a 2 hour Steel Path exterminate since i needed some Essence to get Shotgun Riven....and i gotta say i enjoyed it.

I am a searcher loot guy. I go for the lockers and containers while attempting to find Ayatans and Rare containers. I manually scan. I search for areas i have not seen in-game with my frame. I explore tiles for all the items even if i have been on them hundreds of times

Give me this game for 7 more years and i will endure it til i canno go any more...just as all those i have outpaced that fell off

Nothing past an hour honestly. I just never saw the value in running the same tile-set for that long. Even when I recorded my old tier survival with Frost Prime and my buds, it still lost the thrill after the 1:30:00 mark. 

All of that said, I'd love for in mission mix-ups between RJ/spy or Excavation into a mech only extermination or any combination that forces one gameplay type to another. Scarlet Spear had an epic opportunity for that if it would've involved more of a RJ exterminate mission in between heading towards the next sentient ship.

When I was new ish I enjoyed going in until my weapons couldn't do damage anymore or I died since I didn't have all OP stuff back than.Now I know I could survive pretty much forever if I wanted to not so much.

I do, every now and again. Depends on my mood and if I'm missing anything.  Lately though, I've been doing Tier 3 vaults repeatedly.  Kinda fell in love with doing those.  

• Like 1

Only if it has really good rewards, but just for the "fun" of it no. Warframe is pretty repetitive game so doing one thing for so long gets boring, and only way it really gets more difficult is by more bullet spongy enemies. If it had a more interesting ramp up on difficulty, for example more enemy types (not these placeholder eximus units) then maybe Id be more interested, but even then Id want some extra reward for the effort. 

Also the game would need to have really good gunplay and interesting enemies to hold my attention so long. Its not that warframe has "bad" gunplay but if you compare to something like Killing Floor where every shot and hit sounds, looks and feels very satisfying its nowhere near to that. Or maybe something like the new Doom games but I havent played them enough. 

Also the over-the-shoulder view makes it a bit less immersive than first person. 

Not really. I don't have the time to spend playing hours on the same thing when I have dailies to finish and other things to do outside of the game. Longer than half an hour is too long for me. I tend to start losing concentration past that and depending at the time when I'm playing even start falling asleep at my computer zoning out and having flashes of losing consciousness completely.

I only ever really like Endurance when it was in the case of Void Keys, because I felt rewarded by the item drops, be it either I needed them to build something, or could sell em off. Once those were gone, Relics just made me want to do quick short missions. Arbitrations were another Endurance activity, but I have everything there but the Archgun rivens, but having the ones I have, I see no need for more. Steel Essence farming was the last time I felt rewarded for staying, only because I knew at the end of a say 4 for hour run, I could buy more Kuva than I would have earned from a 4 hour Taveuni or Req Survival run. Sadly, that's no longer the case, and so endurance as a run type is just dead to me.

Not in the slightest. Anything that forces me to be in one mission for a long period of time bores the hell out of me. I like moving between things, changing loadouts, doing lots of different stuff. I can't stand when they add S#&$ like Steel Essence that demanded staying in 2 hour missions just for an armour set.

Nope. The game is won at the arsenal screen anyway, so there's no point to actually sit for hours in a mission if you've got gear.

Killing stuff is only fun for that long at a time, and I have no intention to spend my limited time on the game beyond that.

I used to do 2+ Hours or longer runs Solo but by now, i don’t have that feeling of doing it at anytime anymore. Steel Path tried previously but the grind for the Steel Essence was super tedious before DE changed it to the Gamemode it is now.

Nope. Pointless. And I am not even talking about the nonsense that most people will bring to the table which is the lack of rewards. 

I am talking about the awful gameplay. 

Yeah but only if gameplay supports it, camping spamming 2 skills is an absolute borefest.

Ive played a lot of arbis with subpar frames just for some challenge (Ive had no use for endo since long ago and its inefficient for plat either), but since mob scaling became a joke and even more frames are totally immortal it has lost its appeal entirely.

Endurance is pointless if the difficulty never increases, no one cares that you can beat lvl10000 now when they are weaker than lvl~300 before.

Edited by Monolake
  • Like 1

I'm MR30 with thousands of hours in the game.  Outside of the 2-ish hour long Steel Essence that basically everybody was doing for a while, I think the longest I've stayed in any mission is an hour or so.

I'd be kind of curious to encounter level cap enemies, but I've never been so interested as to stay 8-ish hours in one mission.  I hear it's pretty easy these days though, which really reduces my interest.

Not even a little.  I've done one-hour Endless runs less than time times, ever.  Only because of Nightwave, and fortunately DE came to their senses and reworked that objective.  (Because honestly, 50 minutes in a Kuva Survival without using Life Support was *stupidly* griefable, and in several really obvious ways.  I'm not sure how *anyone* could have thought that was a good idea.)

Other than that, I did exactly one Steel Essence solo farm to get the last bit of stupid botttlecaps to buy the complete outfit.  And I had so much fun that I haven't played Steel Path again.  Ever.

My answer is the same as many here, NO and never will be if there is no reward worth wasting that much time and brain cells for it. Nowadays long runs are only for scoreboard which until this event and bugs/problems i forgot it exists.

I liked some long, mainly defense or survivals, runs before Lua, when void was the cool factor, before relic system, before melee got broken and made primaries and secondaries almost useless, when mobs lvl mattered, when squad was priority and synergy between frames had some real benefits.

Press F!

PS: forgot to mention this 1 hour 36 orphix kills is killing my will to play waframe at all...

Edited by eisKripp

The most time i spent in a mission was 5 hours on Deimos but after that, anything over 90 minutes just gets boring

If there were good rewards or it would have some nice pieces of  L O R E  i wouldnt mind up to 2 hours

Sure, to some extent.

I can do like 3 runs a year runs on my own (without any particular reason) and a few more if they are rewarding (like orphix stuff, which was good mech exp + other stuff).

I would hate it to be forced, though. It gets tedious fast and organizing teams is annoying too. Especially when you finally put one together specifically for like 1h+ and then 15 minutes in one player realizes they have to attend a surprise funeral or something.... At least I assume that's what it is, because if it was a normal one, they would know in advance.

With no reward tied to it, ofcourse not.
I did days long solo survivals but it was for resources with all boosters activate.

If you say "24h survival and you get aura, or other cosmetic" i'm in.
but really no reward=no reason for me to bother.