Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player, Which Warframe Should I Choose For Now From: Rhino, Excalibur, or Frost And I'm Also Open To Other Suggestions!.

(NSW)Pockybutaaaaah

Question

17 answers to this question

56 minutes ago, (NSW)Pockybutaaaaah said:

How do you farm Lavos? I've looked into the wiki and it tells me i need to get Phasic Cells  for Father, but with Diesmos its open world so should i be safe to farm for part at this point or should i wait till i complete the star chart?

First of all, welcome tenno!

You need to play the main quests up to The Sacrifice. But you'll need to get a little stronger to get there, and the phasic cells event only gonna last for like another two weeks, so it's gonna be pretty tight. EDIT: idk if the event is live on consoles, you might want to google that.

Volt is actually pretty strong, he just need a couple of good weapons and mods. He can be the main aoe / damage guy even for later missions like sanctuary onslaught or eidolon hunts. You can take him all the way, really.

Rhino is rookie's favorite because you press a button then soak up any damage to generate a shield. The bigger the damage, the thicker your shield will be. Basically you can join any group doing any missions and live. You might not be contributing plenty of damage, but you will live, and get the rewards. Then you use those rewards to build your next actual warframe.

Wukong is even better at not dying. And he hits harder than rhino. His prime parts are pretty easy to get (all lith relic), there's only one rarer part iirc it's from a neo relic.

17 minutes ago, (NSW)Pockybutaaaaah said:

i have frost and rhino all finished up, rhino has finished building while frost is still building, Prime Wukong needs Meso relics for chassis and Neo or Axi relics for the neuroptics or systems  and im gonna check out my clans tenno research for just regular Wukong. If they don't have it imma wait a day more for any more suggestions of any more warframes i can get at this point.

*nods* you've got a plan is the important thing. Best of luck, Tenno; you'll figure out which you like best some time :)

9 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Wukong is easier to get- he requires a Clan with him researched. None of our supposed veterans here bothered to tell you that.

Frost is from Mars: War Assassination mission against Lt. Krill. If you find him easy enough, Frost is a fun frame.

Rhino is farmed from Jackal Assassination which they, again: neglected to mention had a rework recently.

Volt I didn't get at start but he is a nice starter.

Nova, again ball dropped guys: requires specific mods to bring the best out of her as her Molecular Fission changes depending on Ability Strength- higher it goes the more she slows enemies down, lower it goes the faster enemies move requires Deimos Vaults to get the mods for this. She's not really beginner-friendly.

I cleared my Star Chart with Khora personally but that needs a good Sanctuary Onslaught setup and team, Deimos nodes for Kavat farming, Kavat Incubator Upgrade Segment and patience to get.

Right now, research or join a Clan with him researched: Wukong if possible- farm Jackal or Lt. Krill whichever you find easier: otherwise.

Gl Tenno

i have frost and rhino all finished up, rhino has finished building while frost is still building, Prime Wukong needs Meso relics for chassis and Neo or Axi relics for the neuroptics or systems  and im gonna check out my clans tenno research for just regular Wukong. If they don't have it imma wait a day more for any more suggestions of any more warframes i can get at this point.

OOPS plastids. Ok you can farm trade or buy. But you can use resource drones on planets you cleared that have plastid as resource. Need to build the drone units to farm automatically, only 2 at a time. Might be able to trade for, not sure good luck.

Hi all. to get phasic cells do Orphix missions now before it ends. You can do without operator. Little hard but not impossible, With operator you can tranfer to viod mech laying around makes game interesting. Do everything in squad not sole easier to get more phasic cells.

Wukong is easier to get- he requires a Clan with him researched. None of our supposed veterans here bothered to tell you that.

Frost is from Mars: War Assination mission against Lt. Krill. If you find him easy enough, Frost is a fun frame.

Rhino is farmed from Jackal Assassination which they, again: neglected to mention had a rework recently.

Volt I didn't get at start but he is a nice starter.

Nova, again ball dropped guys: requires specific mods to bring the best out of her as her Molecular Fission changes depending on Ability Strength- higher it goes the more she slows enemies down, lower it goes the faster enemies move requires Deimos Vaults to get the mods for this. She's not really beginner-friendly.

I cleared my Star Chart with Khora personally but that needs a good Sanctuary Onslaught setup and team, Deimos nodes for Kavat farming, Kavat Incubator Upgrade Segment and patience to get.

Right now, research or join a Clan with him researched: Wukong if possible- farm Jackal or Lt. Krill whichever you find easier: otherwise.

Gl Tenno

1 hour ago, Soy77 said:

for me, frost is another "tank" warframe with his snow globe ability. slow kind of tank though. he kinda sits there and just rule from his frozen throne. while wu and rhino are the kind who bulldoze through the battlefield. but i'm sure somebody have played frost offensively and have better builds than me. frost does have a design that'll really grow on some people, he looks cool.

unfortunately i haven't tried nova. she's a bit too complicated for my taste.

in the end, different warframes plays differently. heck, even one warframe can be played differently with different builds. just go with the ones that seems more promising for you.

choose with your heart, and don't worry too much. you probably already know this, but play the nightwave, it gives warframe slot a little further into the reward road. do the main line of quests. probably check out the official stream, sometimes they give out free slots.

Welp, heck, i guess i'll go with Wukong as they look pretty good, with healing and all that, maybe Chroma for the elemental weaknesses.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Pockybutaaaaah said:

Thanks for the Welcome! I looked it up its not on consoles yet, "soon" going to consoles people or DE say, Volt is good but i'd like to play other warframes as if i'm stuck with one place i can just switch off to another warframe to see how they do and I kinda just want to see other warframes and experiment with them, see if i like them more than volt or something else. The neo relics i get later so that'll have to wait, SO should i wait off to get Wukong Prime or should i just go with Frost or Nova?  

for me, frost is another "tank" warframe with his snow globe ability. slow kind of tank though. he kinda sits there and just rule from his frozen throne. while wu and rhino are the kind who bulldoze through the battlefield. but i'm sure somebody have played frost offensively and have better builds than me. frost does have a design that'll really grow on some people, he looks cool.

unfortunately i haven't tried nova. she's a bit too complicated for my taste.

in the end, different warframes plays differently. heck, even one warframe can be played differently with different builds. just go with the ones that seems more promising for you.

choose with your heart, and don't worry too much. you probably already know this, but play the nightwave, it gives warframe slot a little further into the reward road. do the main line of quests. probably check out the official stream, sometimes they give out free slots.

38 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

First of all, welcome tenno!

You need to play the main quests up to The Sacrifice. But you'll need to get a little stronger to get there, and the phasic cells event only gonna last for like another two weeks, so it's gonna be pretty tight. EDIT: idk if the event is live on consoles, you might want to google that.

Volt is actually pretty strong, he just need a couple of good weapons and mods. He can be the main aoe / damage guy even for later missions like sanctuary onslaught or eidolon hunts. You can take him all the way, really.

Rhino is rookie's favorite because you press a button then soak up any damage to generate a shield. The bigger the damage, the thicker your shield will be. Basically you can join any group doing any missions and live. You might not be contributing plenty of damage, but you will live, and get the rewards. Then you use those rewards to build your next actual warframe.

Wukong is even better at not dying. And he hits harder than rhino. His prime parts are pretty easy to get (all lith relic), there's only one rarer partit's from a neo relic.

Thanks for the Welcome! I looked it up its not on consoles yet, "soon" going to consoles people or DE say, Volt is good but i'd like to play other warframes as if i'm stuck with one place i can just switch off to another warframe to see how they do and I kinda just want to see other warframes and experiment with them, see if i like them more than volt or something else. The neo relics i get later so that'll have to wait, SO should i wait off to get Wukong Prime or should i just go with Frost or Nova?  

2 hours ago, lhardy said:

A lot of players use rhino as one of their starting warframes; but It may be a little boring (at least for me).

When I started playing warframe, I was able to get nova prime (I think It was prime vault and lucky). In my opinion, nova is fun at the beginning, and getting some health, armos and strength mods, It is funnier to use than rhino (for me), but It is you decision if you want to farm Nova on Europa.

I would recommend you to check all warframe abilities before choose. Also, you can farm now Lavos, than seems good (I still need one of Its parts to try it), maybe you should take a look on him before taking a decision.

How do you farm Lavos? I've looked into the wiki and it tells me i need to get Phasic Cells  for Father, but with Diesmos its open world so should i be safe to farm for part at this point or should i wait till i complete the star chart?

A lot of players use rhino as one of their starting warframes; but It may be a little boring (at least for me).

When I started playing warframe, I was able to get nova prime (I think It was prime vault and lucky). In my opinion, nova is funny at the begginig, and getting some health, armos and strength mods, It is funnier to use than rhino (for me), but It is you decision if you want to farm Nova on Europa.

I would recommend you to check all warframe abilities before choose. Also, you can farm now Lavos, than seems good (I still need one of Its parts to try it), maybe you should take a look on him before taking a decision.

16 minutes ago, DenGraaSumpPirat said:

Don't sell the parts, at some point the frame is worst leveling up for the mastery points and to feed it to the helminth.. Volt is also a very strong frame I would not part with :)

Wukong Prime is still available to farm (and will be until June or July), while you farm his parts, you can sell some of the spare parts you get, to collect plat for a slot.

welp i was to hasty on the selling the parts thing, oh well, but i'll be sure to farm for Wukong Prime, still need to collect the parts and the blueprint, and i'm low on credits but some missions will fix the credits issue.

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Pockybutaaaaah said:

im using Volt right now, and i'll check out how to get Wukong in the Wiki, also darn about Excalibur i got all their parts built up, eh at least i'll get some credits from selling the pieces. Farming for plastids is gonna suck but eh, gotta do what ya gotta do, also gotta join nightwave as i haven't yet.

Don't sell the parts, at some point the frame is worst leveling up for the mastery points and to feed it to the helminth.. Volt is also a very strong frame I would not part with :)

Wukong Prime is still available to farm (and will be until June or July), while you farm his parts, you can sell some of the spare parts you get, to collect plat for a slot.

5 minutes ago, DenGraaSumpPirat said:

What frame are you using now?

I would recommend that you try farming some plat to get another warframe slot, as it is very handy having different frames for different purposes.

From your list I would choose Rhino; he is a very strong frame that can brute force his way through most types of missions. 

Hide contents

Progress the main quests and you will be awarded an Excalibur with a warframe slot, so building him now is a bit of a waste imo.

An other option is to try Wukong (or his Prime if you wish to farm it)... He is one of the most versatile frames in the game, and you can clear the entire star chart with him (he is also very good at not dying).

im using Volt right now, and i'll check out how to get Wukong in the Wiki, also darn about Excalibur i got all their parts built up, eh at least i'll get some credits from selling the pieces. Farming for plastids is gonna suck but eh, gotta do what ya gotta do, also gotta join nightwave as i haven't yet.

What frame are you using now?

I would recommend that you try farming some plat to get another warframe slot, as it is very handy having different frames for different purposes.

From your list I would choose Rhino; he is a very strong frame that can brute force his way through most types of missions. 

(Spoiler warning)

Spoiler

Progress the main quests and you will be awarded an Excalibur with a warframe slot, so building him now is a bit of a waste imo.

An other option is to try Wukong (or his Prime if you wish to farm it)... He is one of the most versatile frames in the game, and you can clear the entire star chart with him (he is also very good at not dying).

Archived