Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Customization Feedback: Allow Mod Slots to Be Polarized with All Polarizations

Gigatron-Prime

Currently, for the price of a Forma we can polarize a mod slot to change its polarity. The advantage to doing this is to allow us more mod capacity in general by equipping matching polarity mods to those specific slots. With the multitude of polarities in the game, this becomes more detrimental overall as you're locked into specific builds. With the ever changing nature of the game this system is more a hindrance when drastic changes come later or new mods are introduced.

However, my solution is rather simple; allow us to polarize the same mod slot multiple times to have multiple polarities. With this simple solution, future proofing for builds is achieved and more use for Forma and game longevity is introduced. With those of us that have been playing for years, especially founders, there is always a rabbit to chase that keeps us going some far off attainable goal. With the option to polarize the same slot multiple times, no power creep is introduced yet it will give our Warframes more open ended builds that aren't constrained to yesterday's decisions and game state.

There was pretty much exactly the same suggestion in another thread thats still activate, but yes this is a needed change at this point with so many different warframes, mods and arcanes. I mean, are we honestly expected to build multiple copies of the same warframe and forma them all over again just for one or two new builds that didn't fit in with the other one? 

I dont see why this would be a bad thing, it doesnt make the player any stronger and doesnt affect forma sales negatively (I doubt many people have multiple copies of same warframes they forma (with the exception of non-primes). In fact it might boost forma sales. 

3 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

This also means it's REQUIRED to forma every mod slot multiple times to get the most out of a build. 8 slots, 5 forma each, 41 times I need to get the thing to Rank 30. No thank you. Let's just keep it the way things are.

Who said you are REQUIRED to do so? If you don’t want it just don’t do it.

4 hours ago, Proscriptor said:

i'm against this because i like how the need to plan ahead and focus on a specific build creates a choice & consequence situation

Okay, then what if DE decides to rebalance mods again and the new mandatory mods does not fit your build? You have to redo the forma process all over again.

The current polarization system punishes build variety. Players do not want to experiment because of constantly re-polarize slots and re-levels. This is why players only want cookie cutter builds, they don’t want to waste their time.

This is direly needed, Locked polarities really put on a damper on experimenting with status elements. Like when you already have a tight capacity build with every slot polarized and switching from viral to radiation would require changing polarities every time.

6 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Who said you are REQUIRED to do so? If you don’t want it just don’t do it.

Okay, then what if DE decides to rebalance mods again and the new mandatory mods does not fit your build? You have to redo the forma process all over again.

The current polarization system punishes build variety. Players do not want to experiment because of constantly re-polarize slots and re-levels. This is why players only want cookie cutter builds, they don’t want to waste their time.

It's like you just said. It is REQUIRED to forma every slot multiple times just in case DE decide to throw nerfs or buffs around. Least of all DE changing the polarity on certain mods. DE has been generous enough in a few rework to give out free forma in the past. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

It's like you just said. It is REQUIRED to forma every slot multiple times just in case DE decide to throw nerfs or buffs around. Least of all DE changing the polarity on certain mods. DE has been generous enough in a few rework to give out free forma in the past. 

Lmao. 

"Im against improvement to the game because it might get nerfed or changed in the future" 

12 hours ago, Proscriptor said:

i'm against this because i like how the need to plan ahead and focus on a specific build creates a choice & consequence situation

What. 

So you are saying people must choose a build and they shouldnt be allowed to use something different? 

1 hour ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

This is a flawed argument. No one is forcing you to re-polarize all slots. DE never gives enough Forma. During Melee 3.0 release they only gave out 3 while I already have polarized my melees a lot more times than that.

The Goal of this suggestion is to Future Proof your setup. So every time DE changes something your investment is not ruined.

12 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

This is a flawed argument. No one is forcing you to re-polarize all slots. DE never gives enough Forma. During Melee 3.0 release they only gave out 3 while I already have polarized my melees a lot more times than that.

The Goal of this suggestion is to Future Proof your setup. So every time DE changes something your investment is not ruined.

How often are you going to "future proof" you setup? One forma? Three? Make sure each and every mod slot is able to ultilize any polarity? I prefer if DE get rid of polarity altogether. Each time we forma, we get 10 more mod capacity (20 with a potato). The point of forma is to lessen the burden. How about we just increase the pool higher?

i would like that.

I often want to try a different builds or even a mod but since a change would have me reforma a slot most of the time, i always give up on the idea, too bothersome. The only solution is to build multiple versions of frames / weapons but since the UI is already such a cluster#*!% imo, i won't do that. It's also hard to fully use all the config slot available.  I also think that not all slot need that, just one or two would be enough to be able to change builds at will most of the time.

it should be a no brainer for DE since i would use more forma than i use atm and player would experiment more probably. Well, knowing them, they would rather unveil a new type of forma (universal one) than using the old one.

Say it with me:

Polarise The ITEM, not the SLOT.

Polarities should be unlocked as available on the item and then freely (re)assigned at-will to slots on the item. Flexibility achieved. The stepping stone to greatness is preventing builds being made inflexible just because you can't not use a polarity you need for a build now, on a build that contradicts it later.

The system is out of date. Demand has increased drastically since the original concept.

15 minutes ago, Gilmaesh said:

it should be a no brainer for DE since i would use more forma than i use atm and player would experiment more probably. Well, knowing them, they would rather unveil a new type of forma (universal one) than using the old one.

Universal forma is dead in the water because it clashes with Umbral Polarities. But if you just unlock polarities with the various forma normally to then optionally use at will, 'special' forma types attach on seamlessly with no value difference.

23 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Polarities should be unlocked as available on the item and then freely (re)assigned at-will to slots on the item. Flexibility achieved. The stepping stone to greatness is preventing builds being made inflexible just because you can't not use a polarity you need for a build now

Couldn't have said it better myself.

On 2021-01-10 at 8:40 AM, Proscriptor said:

flexibility is not what everyone wants. some people want choices to matter.

With the current system this stand true because it's either have flexibility or have better builds but for one/few specific things, but if we were to do what @TheLexiConArtist suggested it would simply improve the experience for everyone without locking anyone to one specific setup, it would let you be as specific as you want without constantly feeling like any further improvement might backfire horribly, the current system in my humble opinion is not the best of design choices given that we haven't made forma as ez as getting some resources and it's almost strictly time gated outside of spending plat. 

On 2021-01-05 at 2:42 PM, Gigatron-Prime said:

Currently, for the price of a Forma we can polarize a mod slot to change its polarity. The advantage to doing this is to allow us more mod capacity in general by equipping matching polarity mods to those specific slots. With the multitude of polarities in the game, this becomes more detrimental overall as you're locked into specific builds. With the ever changing nature of the game this system is more a hindrance when drastic changes come later or new mods are introduced.

However, my solution is rather simple; allow us to polarize the same mod slot multiple times to have multiple polarities. With this simple solution, future proofing for builds is achieved and more use for Forma and game longevity is introduced. With those of us that have been playing for years, especially founders, there is always a rabbit to chase that keeps us going some far off attainable goal. With the option to polarize the same slot multiple times, no power creep is introduced yet it will give our Warframes more open ended builds that aren't constrained to yesterday's decisions and game state.

I approve!  

Or give us a universal MOD Forma just like there is a universal STANCE Forma?

On 2021-01-10 at 7:10 AM, Proscriptor said:

flexibility is not what everyone wants. some people want choices to matter. 

Why? As in why would you want to be limited to just one playstyle for the rest of your life in this game? And why would you deny others the diversity?

And you can already do multiple conflicting builds by having multiple copies of the same warframe, so if universal forma was added it would change nothing except make it less annoying and clunky. Kind of a QoL change really. Its not hard to get another copy, but I dont want to flood my inventory with doubles for something like this.

Diversity and customization options are what keep even the oldest players playing this game after all this time and you want to limit that? 

Right now I think DE wants Universal polarity to be tied to special mod slots only (like the aura and stance, etc.) I can see how a universal forma would be nice, but in some ways it also feels 'too easy' if you know what I mean? I think it might be better if you could tie polarities to configs. Or stack polarities on the same slot maybe.

On 2021-01-05 at 7:42 PM, Gigatron-Prime said:

However, my solution is rather simple; allow us to polarize the same mod slot multiple times to have multiple polarities.

I think there's been a thread a while ago suggesting this, but with rising costs: first polarity costs 1 forma, adding a second polarity costs 2 forma (so 3 total), etc... While less consumer-friendly, this would probably make more sense for DE: any loss of forma sales for people not re-polarizing their gear when changing builds would be made up by a (much) higher forma expenditure to get those multiple polarities on in the first place.

On 2021-01-07 at 12:58 PM, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

It's also infuriating when new mods are released, but purposefully use unpopular polarities.. screwing the builds up even more ._. 

aren't mod polarities determined by mod type? "V"=offensive, "D"=defensive, "-"=Utility...? Obviously, there are some grey areas,but I though a mod's polarity was pretty well-determined by its function?

1 hour ago, (PSN)M00n_Slippers said:

Right now I think DE wants Universal polarity to be tied to special mod slots only (like the aura and stance, etc.) I can see how a universal forma would be nice, but in some ways it also feels 'too easy' if you know what I mean? I think it might be better if you could tie polarities to configs. Or stack polarities on the same slot maybe.

Isnt that what OP suggested? Stack polarities on each slot separately, for example slot A could have V and D at the same time and it would cost you that extra forma to do so. 

But making them config specific is also fine by me as long as I dont have to fill my invetory with a spare copy of each warframe just for different builds. 

Change like this would likely boost forma sales for DE without making us any stronger. Theres tons of mods in the game atm and 40+ warframes so its time for more flexibility in the configs.

I'm willing to spend 4 forma to craft 1 normal forma. Universal forma would be huge.  

For Warframes like Volt for example. He can be configured as a AoE nuker, Melee spammer or Eidolon Hunter. It's hard to push his builds to its limit because eventually the polarization slot is gonna conflict with each other. And no, I'm not shelling out 160 plat to buy another Volt Prime.  

And like other said. Sometimes the Meta change. The mods need to be changed to fit the need. Kinda like when Helminth came out -  a lot of build now want Augments for Helminth'd abilities, which might come in conflict with the Zenurik augment polarity. It would be nice to have some kind of insurance against it. 

Archived