Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Console Update: Orphix Venom (Status: LIVE!)

[DE]Danielle

As DE moves forward with this "In Dev" shenanigans, it will be interesting to see how far the console builds will fall behind the PC build. For years, the Playstation 4 and Xbox One builds have inched closer and closer to parity with the PC build. Now that "In Cert" for individual platform builds is seemingly dead, it appears that builds ready to go live on Xbox One, PS4, Xbox Series S, PS5, and Xbox Series X will needlessly be held from release because the Switch build isn't yet ready to go live.

• Like 2

I don't like this "In Dev" stuff, too vague, ominous, random... even a little bit salacious, and far too PC. I propose a system, called Green Light, Yellow Light, Red Light. Would be much clearer, better IMHO and let us know when we can expect the content, unlike currently.

So, first you should tell us, you are in Yellow Light development phrase. That way we know update will come in 3 days, 12 hours, and 22 minutes. Except, then when Sony, Microsoft, and Atari are lazy and stonewall the update, you switch to Red Light status. Which lets us know, we don't know when, we will get the update. Then finally, Green Light status, which is when the update was released a week ago, and your friends have already played it and gotten the new Frames, weapons and gear, and you realise your update hasn't automatically downloaded, because you have 4 GB worth of self recorded Kubrow and Kavat videos, and no more room on HD. Oh and a video of that one time, that random got knocked down, and their character model never reset, so they went the whole mission, horizontally splayed out. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, (NSW)Lorkhan said:

To be realistic, the "In DEV" is nonsense. It could comme next week or next month.

We know your working on it. (What exactly is a mystery since you just have to take the code from PC to consoles.

Please no white knights)

"In Cert" was better because we knew it was very close to be live.

As they've clarified, they will give a release date. In fact, this is better than how they did cert. Cert was an unpredictable "it's coming soon". Giving a release date means "it's coming soon but you know exactly when". It's also more transparent. We know WHEN they start working on updates. 

The Orphix Venom update was "In Cert" on PS4 early last week. On the PSN, Tuesdays on typically the day that Sony makes DE's latest Warframe builds "Live" to the players. However, seven days ago, DE decided to change an already submitted "In Cert" build to "In Dev" status. Has DE instructed Sony to withhold the release of the latest build of Warframe until this latest build is ready "In Cert" on Xbox and Switch?

3 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I don't like this "In Dev" stuff, too vague, ominous, random... even a little bit salacious, and far too PC. I propose a system, called Green Light, Yellow Light, Red Light. Would be much clearer, better IMHO and let us know when we can expect the content, unlike currently.

So, first you should tell us, you are in Yellow Light development phrase. That way we know update will come in 3 days, 12 hours, and 22 minutes. Except, then when Sony, Microsoft, and Atari are lazy and stonewall the update, you switch to Red Light status. Which lets us know, we don't know when, we will get the update. Then finally, Green Light status, which is when the update was released a week ago, and your friends have already played it and gotten the new Frames, weapons and gear, and you realise your update hasn't automatically downloaded, because you have 4 GB worth of self recorded Kubrow and Kavat videos, and no more room on HD. Oh and a video of that one time, that random got knocked down, and their character model never reset, so they went the whole mission, horizontally splayed out. 

How is it any different than it was before? Before there was no indicator of where they were. We didn't even know when they were working on updates, we just had to assume. Now we know exactly when they've started working on the update. It's more clear than it was before. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)SiPerino said:

The Orphix Venom update was "In Cert" on PS4 early last week. On the PSN, Tuesdays on typically the day that Sony makes DE's latest Warframe builds "Live" to the players. However, seven days ago, DE decided to change an already submitted "In Cert" build to "In Dev" status. Has DE instructed Sony to withhold the release of the latest build of Warframe until this latest build is ready "In Cert" on Xbox and Switch?

A) I'm not sure this is the case 

B) Assuming it is, I would know why. They've released more hotfixes for PC that were vital to making the content better, so they held off a bit longer to add those hotfixes to make the content more bearable insteas of making us wait another month for tgose hotfixes. That would be the best explanation and an understandable one. 

Also, Dani did make a post saying that they were adding a hotfix from PC, so this theory is no longer a theory. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, (PSN)SiPerino said:

If this "In Dev" stuff is part of a larger plan to facilitate the implementation of cross-platform play on consoles, then I guess I can begrudgingly accept that build releases for Xbox/PS will be delayed due to the Switch problem.

4 hours ago, (PSN)SiPerino said:

As DE moves forward with this "In Dev" shenanigans, it will be interesting to see how far the console builds will fall behind the PC build. For years, the Playstation 4 and Xbox One builds have inched closer and closer to parity with the PC build. Now that "In Cert" for individual platform builds is seemingly dead, it appears that builds ready to go live on Xbox One, PS4, Xbox Series S, PS5, and Xbox Series X will needlessly be held from release because the Switch build isn't yet ready to go live.

Dani (Danielle) has clearly stated that they would like to have a simultaneous release but it may not be possible because different platforms review at different speeds. You can inder from this that they won't make people needlessly wait. 

Edited by (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1

Just now, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Reading this thread gives me absolute depression.. i didn't really think about it but it's kinda scary.. and yeah.. 'in dev' is extremely vague.. 

While i get that, so far Xbox and PS haven't been held back because of Nintendo needing up to months to figure their "stuff" out..

While tbf we now do not know if the updates will be held back because of a platform that throughout 2 decades of gaming ALWAYS caused trouble with 'non nintendo' developers ..

All in all while being a fan for 6 years this does indeed not sound that right..

Hey, listen. Based on what we see and what Dani said, there is no reason to believe they'd hold back an update as of now. Even if they did, there'd only be one reason to do so: cross platform integration. So either way, don't worry. 

il y a 1 minute, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 a dit :

Based on what evidence do you believe they'd hold back the update for us just to wait for Switch? And what makes you think they'd do that other than doing it for cross platform integration? 

Yeah well it wouldnt be bad. I remember the Old Blood Fiasco.  Switch got the update 1month after the other consoles. And the other consoles had it 1 month after pc. God it took 2 months to come to switch and DE dared put Rising Tides on PC when it was an uproar on switch.

15 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

How is it any different than it was before? Before there was no indicator of where they were. We didn't even know when they were working on updates, we just had to assume. Now we know exactly when they've started working on the update. It's more clear than it was before. 

Hey there, I agree with you. My sarcasm might not have hit, my apologies. I did really try my best to avoid Poe's law though, with how extraneous and peculiarly specific I was being. All good though.

I do sympathise with people who are a bit resistant to the change, but I imagine it might be more down to frustrations, with having to wait for the update, the fact that console has to wait, and past subjective memories of what in cert meant vs what they/we think in dev means right now. I think the change is good and more transparent, especially after Danielles clarification and input, but we are still in the process of the change, so I think for a lot of people, who are frustrated and eagerly awaiting the update, its either meaningless, somehow less transparent and or not a good indication of process. All of which I can sympathise with. 

I think with future updates, will be fine though. Especially faster updates. I am really excited for the next batch of Prime frames. 

• Like 2

If DE had decided to delay pc update to be sync with consoles updates, to deliver the update and event to ALL wf players at the same time, then i would have found it fair and i would have agreed. But in our case, pc already had the update for a month, so it would be pretty stupid not to deliver it to xbox and ps just because they are waiting for nintendo certs. It's either all supports in the same time ( pc included ), or each one as soon as it is ready, or it is complete non sense. Unless they are releasing crossplay for console and i really think we would have been told if so. So please don't worry ps and xbox players, you will not have to wait for our stupid nintendo certs imo. I still think it's awfully frustrating for us consoles players to be treated as a secondary player base while pc players have all DE attention, announcements, hype for new content and new events while we are just waiting..

• Like 1

Hey, @[DE]Danielle, apologies for bothering you again, but can we get your help to ease some worry among people here? Some people are worried that PS4 or Xbox will have their updates held back even though they're ready while switch has theirs worked on, so there will be a simultaneous release. Can you confirm or deny this to be true for us? It would ease a lot of concern. People are frustrated that Ps4/Xbox would be "needlessly held back" to wait for switch, and this idelogy seems to stem from the "one thread to rule them all" way of doing things. As far as I can tell and based on what you said last time, y'all aren't holding updates back to wait for Switch, but a clear answer for the others would be great. ❤

Side note: The addition of the PC hotfix you added a couple days ago instead of making us wait for the next big update is much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, (NSW)NabotLysergeek said:

If DE had decided to delay pc update to be sync with consoles updates, to deliver the update and event to ALL wf players at the same time, then i would have found it fair and i would have agreed. But in our case, pc already had the update for a month, so it would be pretty stupid not to deliver it to xbox and ps just because they are waiting for nintendo certs. It's either all supports in the same time ( pc included ), or each one as soon as it is ready, or it is complete non sense. Unless they are releasing crossplay for console and i really think we would have been told if so. 

Essentially my logic right here. 

• Like 1

If all future build releases for PS4/PS5/XBO/XBSS/XBSX end up getting delayed in order to allow the Switch build to have launch parity with the other console platforms, I'd imagine a non-zero number of the PS4/PS5/XBO/XBSS/XBSX community of players will disengage from Warframe. 

• Like 4

En 6/1/2021 a las 0:52, (XBOX)Abherration dijo:

Im a veteran console player too and completely disagree with you. They tried parallel launch before, and it didnt work. Id rather PC beta test to a degree and then its rolled out to the consoles. Look at the crap that PC has to go through routinely after a content drop, half the game code breaks every time. Severely.

Waiting a couple of hotfixes is, literally, to our advantage

I dunno, the "PC beta testers" argument is solid and understandable, but I can't stop feeling underwhelmed every time an update drops on console, the excitement and "hype" banished like a month ago when the thing dropped on PC, we have to sit there watching the PC folks play, talk and complain about an update we won't be getting in weeks if not a whole month.

By the way, is it in cert yet?     /s

Edited by (PSN)xBellikx
  • Like 1

We saw how things went with all-at-the-same-time updates, if there's a problem, then teams will have to work on PC and then do consoles in a rush, meanwhile now they fix PC and include everything in consoles patches.

It was the case 7 years ago and it's better that way, cause if we all get issues at the same time then they'll take more time fixing it, while we'll be able to play for a month just like PC will play for the last 1/2 weeks, and I highly prefer waiting for a playable version rather than telling myself "alright it's buggy but I need to force myself in order to get the new stuff / I'll come back in a week to see if it's now playable".

So let's just sit, wait and see, hopefully the "new" system won't force people to wait even more just because one platform has a twice longer cert time tho.

• Like 1