Console Update: Orphix Venom (Status: In Dev!)

Please bring back the "in Cert" status. Whenever I saw the "in Dev" status changing to "in Cert", I always thought that the Update was getting closer to release, and made me happy and excited. Now, however, it feels stagnant: I see the "in Dev" status and think the Update won't come out anytime soon.

2 hours ago, (PSN)ThanatosSloth said:

There is a type of cert that can be pushed same day...

You are right though...they cannot add content in this type of cert, but they can still change what is currently in the game after a big update...shown after one of No mans skys big updates, they were able to do a patch a day for a week to make sure most bugs went splat lol.

https://sonyreconsidered.com/ps4-devs-gaining-same-day-certification-cb9cc51f0c68

Well, DE can't. They're very limited on what they can touch on code-wise without cert. They've made that clear. 

I misread: let me clarify. DE can't because they aren't that quick, and we have yet to see them do a same day cert consistently. 

Edited by (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1
8 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

But they'd still have to send it updates through cert. They can't add content or touch on most code without cert review. 

well your not wrong given current implementations, but there are ways around that 

so currently we have a client on systems that hosts its resource index and the appropriate resources /data while game is active through de server it points to the resources needed to play the game, such as mesh, animations and textures ect

the more data on our side the less the server needs to work in order to let us play , now iirc they did recently downsize the game clients and reoptimized them , i know you can play the game without the server connection, but then it looks like des wip videos, a bunch of grey boxes and checkered alpha patterns , which is interesting to do but otherwise you can play it like a sandbox

now some services utilize a web entrance so that the data and such are hosted mainly cloud wise, and the client the users get (you and me)  a minimalized application thats just simply a door into the web server , now granted we still have hosted data which will need updates as your saying, but thats minimized as the web server mainly gets the updates . and we know de can push hotfixes without needing cert , so they can do that to client , while keeping the rest on their own web service and then the server integrates through that middleman (cloud service) 

the only downside to this style is latency between 

user (client) -> web services -> game server (how fast server takes client inputs)

game   server ->web service ->client (and how fast the action is displayed)

aka the lag or latency between it , also the cost for de to further host all this 

with that being said they could technically just sync all platforms to same builds (i know pc like getting updates faster) but if de does it this way

then the implementation stays the same, cert and such is required beyond a certain sized update , so de can like they do with the devstreams now, deploy and release based on a scheduled release once a month 

they do kinda do this already but they preset and place new content in inactive states in these updates , so that when the actual rollout occurs they cans end the last bit of the update along with a activating the inactive index spots 

example of this id say is the prime access stuff thats always getting spoiled , de places it ahead of time in the builds,  but the index search can still see it on some platforms which spoils the release 

this way de further reduces work and presets for the releases in a cleaner manner, by having unified releases , that could be scheduled and pre certed so everyone is on the same page and build 

Not saying its not a lot of work and will take a lot of time, but steve has already stated cross save is the next big thing warframe wants to do and they are looking into how to implement it as best they can. i can only surmise the basis and think whats the easiest way to do said implementation 

currently the xbox and sonys individually are cross play , i,e, xbox one <-> xbox series , ps4 <-> ps5  can play with their respected systems

the problem was 2020 made de (and a lot of us) shelve stuff to a back burner and try to adapt tot he new method of doing their jobs , with that and de in devstreams now saying they are going to try to focus on cleaning up the game and flush it out better, may be a step in the unified save direction to be better implemented 

(some articles on this below)

Warframe heads to PS5 and Xbox Series X with cross-play and saves - Polygon 

Digital Extremes Talks About Cross Save For Warframe | COGconnected

Warframe cross-save is the top priority after Empyrean – “I wish we had it right now” | PCGamesN

just in my experience with destiny cross save (soon to be cross play now I hear) it made gaming more convenient and easier to play with some of my friends anywhere at anytime as having a pc/laptop/xbox/playstation made it simple to play on whatever i needed , but a console to laptop play was a nice way to be mobile and have the gaming capability imo 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Shatterpiller said:

Wait! 11 days now? It's not out yet? 

i mean i think the worst wait i can recall was the germesei skin update , that took iirc  months to deploy 

but overall de usually has a 1-2 week drop on updates not which is significantly better 

edit :

also de likes to do target days such as tues,thurs normally but on fridays sometimes, so possibly next week if it goes well?  

58 minutes ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

de in devstreams now saying they are going to try to focus on cleaning up the game and flush it out better, may be a step in the unified save direction to be better implemented 

I hope so. They need to focus on fixing current content and improving current content. 

• Like 1

The fact that we haven't gotten the update yet is kind of irritating me, kind of sucks trying to keep up with everything and seeing all this stuff being put into play but can't use it myself. Slowly giving up on WF , so many Years into this game to be treated like we are not important.

Just now, (XBOX)IMABEMEOUTLAW said:

The fact that we haven't gotten the update yet is kind of irritating me, kind of sucks trying to keep up with everything and seeing all this stuff being put into play but can't use it myself. Slowly giving up on WF , so many Years into this game to be treated like we are not important.

I don't think you can blame 100% on DE as the partner companies are also in the part. DE could make console updates with PC updates by sending console updates to cert and confirming for release and releasing at the same time for PC updates like how they did for Heart of Demios. 

Just now, (XBOX)CaptainSeth5423 said:

I don't think you can blame 100% on DE as the partner companies are also in the part. DE could make console updates with PC updates by sending console updates to cert and confirming for release and releasing at the same time for PC updates like how they did for Heart of Demios. 

I'm not putting all the blame on them. But yes like you said I feel like they could've done this differently, and it's just loosing my interest in the game, might just be time for another break for me lol. Feel like they could've pushed out an update for counsels by now, I just personally don't see why we don't have it yet especially with Lavos; And they're about to announce another WF so just feels like we're getting further and further behind.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, (XBOX)IMABEMEOUTLAW said:

I just personally don't see why we don't have it yet e

They had a vacation. Give them a break. 

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)CaptainSeth5423 said:

DE could make console updates with PC updates

And look how horribly unplayable HoD was. Also look how long we had to wait to get the fixes. DE chooses the "let PC go first and grab from there for console" because they know there is going to be issues, and they can fix those very quickly on PC because they don't require cert. If they did the same with consoles, there'd be update after update sitting in cert for 6 different platforms. That's a lot to manage. Not to mention, that would mean they're artificially holding PC (and other platforms) back which wouldn't be fair. 

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

They had a vacation. Give them a break. 

And look how horribly unplayable HoD was. Also look how long we had to wait to get the fixes. DE chooses the "let PC go first and grab from there for console" because they know there is going to be issues, and they can fix those very quickly on PC because they don't require cert. If they did the same with consoles, there'd be update after update sitting in cert for 6 different platforms. That's a lot to manage. Not to mention, that would mean they're artificially holding PC (and other platforms) back which wouldn't be fair. 

They've had plenty of time to release an update, they've been back from vacation for a while now. 5 PC hotfixes but couldn't focus on the counsel update? And that's why I said I'll just take a break from the game. They had their break should be catch up time now.

Edited by (XBOX)IMABEMEOUTLAW
1 minute ago, (XBOX)IMABEMEOUTLAW said:

They've had plenty of time to release an update, they've been back from vacation for a while now. 5 PC hotfixes but couldn't focus on the counsel update? And that's why I said I'll just take a break from the game. They had they're break should be catch up time now.

They have been back from vacation for not even two weeks. And no, they don't focus on a console update until the PC version is stable and proper. Then they start working on console. Refer to the other part of my previous comment as to why. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

They have been back from vacation for not even two weeks. And no, they don't focus on a console update until the PC version is stable and proper. Then they start working on console. Refer to the other part of my previous comment as to why. 

To be fair, the event is almost over for PC. I don't see the point of making the event stable after it's no longer playable. 

safe to say after a dozen pages that this "in-Dev" only thing is confusing the hell out of people and is causing some to freak out. won't be long before mud-slinging at Nintendo occurs because "switch is holding back the updates"

some things shouldn't be changed, because they work: the simple in dev > in cert > set date > release schedule worked absolutely fine. "In Cert" was a VERY reliable indicator that the update would be out within a week, and if it were to fail cert for any reason, DE would tell us: they would HAVE to tell us. not once has the phrase "in cert" been anything other than a comfort to me; a sign that the TM is being chopped of the Soon.

now they're also dialing back the devstreams to once a month... if the streams end up being much longer with more content, then that's fine: otherwise why are DE slowing down communication with their fans? (especially when their communication has usually been one of their only strengths in the past).

• Like 1