Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Console Update: Orphix Venom (Status: LIVE!)

[DE]Danielle

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Belmonts Demon said:

Are the Necramechs going to be able to use the Dual Decurion Archgun with this update? The left handed gun sits more crooked than my 4th grade bus driver's lazy eye. Oh Mr. Flannigan... may your alcohol soaked liver find peace.

That's a good question; Unless I'm mistaken, I remember seeing a video of someone with the Dual Decurions, but whenever they aim with a Necramech or as a heavy weapon, only one of them is used. I think it would make more sense if you could dual-wield both guns at once, rather than hold the left one down to one side until you slap an enemy with it.

• Hopefully they'll be updated to work like that someday (Although I'm still figuring out if Bonewidow can hold someone on Meathook while firing an Archgun (Not the Decurions), after finishing my Voidrig build).

Edit (01-13-2021): I found the video in question;

They really do look interesting I think! But I can definitely understand why it'd sound like they're able to be dual-wielded. Not sure exactly why they can't be.

Edited by (NSW)Gamer-Steve
I finally found the video, as a reference :)
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Well that's what happens when a company takes a vacation.

And the new consoles are out. Look, I think they'll figure out the algorithm to port it to each system, then updates won't take as long. I have to admit, it is a bit much, even considering the vacation.

I think they need a vacation like every one needs, that being said, lets give them time to make things the way they like. It´s a free to play game, probably the best FTP ever... and we keep asking for more every time they give us content.

I can´t believe everyone in this game is MR 30 and have everything else in this game...

Edited by (XBOX)LeMaquiniste
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, (NSW)Symberzite said:

And the new consoles are out. Look, I think they'll figure out the algorithm to port it to each system, then updates won't take as long. I have to admit, it is a bit much, even considering the vacation.

or they can stop releasing upates on pc that are buggy and then go on vacation the same week.... just a thought

1 hour ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

It might in cert already but we don't know cause they're not saying it anymore...

I thought the whole point of this was that they were going to say in cert.  But they really aren't even there yet and want us to know "We're working on it". Basically so we can stop asking.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)LeMaquiniste said:

I think they need a vacation like every one needs, that being said, lets give them time to make things the way they like. It´s a free to play game, probably the best FTP ever... and we keep asking for more every time they give us content.

I can´t believe everyone in this game is MR 30 and have everything else in this game...

Also the problem with giving time for them to give us a good update is well they won't.  Deimos has shown us that at most the update will be less buggy.  But it won't really be fixed.

I honestly have no problem in waiting.  However, the time from announcement to release makes it hard to convince my clanmates to return to the game. Especially when the issue of the long time from PC to console release appears to be getting worse not better.

• Like 1

Regrdless of this system being better or worse. I don't really understand the argument of this system being ''more transparent'' than before. Look at the Deimos Arcane announcement. In the past we went through In DEV -> In CERT -> Launching on xxx -> Live. Now In Cert is being cut out, so this gives us less information. That's not more transparency. Also when looking at Arcana the ''Launching on xxx'' phase was the same day as the update going live. We didn't have several days in advance as a headsup. We had hours before launch. This is why people prefer In Cert. In Cert doesn't mean same day or next day. It usualy means around 1 week to organize, prepare and talk with friends/clan/alliance. 

I prefer having the In Cert status over not having it.   

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

thought the whole point of this was that they were going to say in cert.  But they really aren't even there yet and want us to know "We're working on it". Basically so we can stop asking.

"We are doing away with the industry jargon “In Cert'' status and individual platform threads so that other communication efforts can be made in its place on our socials, live streams, etc. Our goal continues to be to keep you up to date with the latest Console Update news!"

I agree it's irrelevant to keep asking "when" it's just less informative than before

• Like 1

On 2021-01-13 at 5:35 AM, (PSN)Luke_Zakalwe said:

So I did need to clarify.. I thought that was enought to show my point you so gracefully asked for, but it's not a poroblem, really.

You said that: "Well, with in cert, we never knew when they were working on the update." And I corrected, that at the Cert point of process, the work was already done and the finished update was sent for evaluation to the partners.

There's the difference between "working on" and "ready", as you surely are aware.

Hes not aware clearly just another one of de's rosey glasses wearing white knights to the rescue lol

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

"We are doing away with the industry jargon “In Cert'' status and individual platform threads so that other communication efforts can be made in its place on our socials, live streams, etc. Our goal continues to be to keep you up to date with the latest Console Update news!"

I agree it's irrelevant to keep asking "when" it's just less informative than before

Ya that definitely is less informative.  I will admit when I read the initial post of this thread I was a little sad.  Because the way it was presented. It's obvious that while they have the update in mind.  They are just now working on it.  Meaning for the past few weeks they weren't working on it at all. (Yes vacation but they dropped it on PC before then and didn't even think of console). 

• Like 4

Il y a 10 heures, (XBOX)LeMaquiniste a dit :

OK it is free but it earns money when we put the credit card right?

and the time to spend on this game has no value ??? So no to say that it is a free game is not admissible ..

OK for a vacation but in this case everyone has the same policy and no one has an update and that's fair. 

And I can not be level 30 but 26 and I am tired of experimenting for my weapons to go to rank 30 .... Wow exciting

Edited by (XBOX)OrmeVariable996

15 hours ago, (PSN)ghost-sniper132 said:

Regrdless of this system being better or worse. I don't really understand the argument of this system being ''more transparent'' than before. Look at the Deimos Arcane announcement. In the past we went through In DEV -> In CERT -> Launching on xxx -> Live. Now In Cert is being cut out, so this gives us less information. That's not more transparency. Also when looking at Arcana the ''Launching on xxx'' phase was the same day as the update going live. We didn't have several days in advance as a headsup. We had hours before launch. This is why people prefer In Cert. In Cert doesn't mean same day or next day. It usualy means around 1 week to organize, prepare and talk with friends/clan/alliance. 

But in cert was unpredictable. Based on the clarification given, I'd imagine there would be at least a couple days before release that we are told. If not, then there'd be no reason to remove cert, and since they did remove cert, I get the feeling they'll give ample heads up. 

15 hours ago, (PSN)TEAINSHENNON said:

Hes not aware clearly just another one of de's rosey glasses wearing white knights to the rescue lol

You wanna throw shade into a conversation you weren't apart of and obviously didn't grasp the meaning of? Most the time I'm criticising DE actually. Don't act like you know me. I'm being logical by not jumping to conclusions like many are. 

7 hours ago, (NSW)Lorkhan said:

I love how they always go on vacation when half of the job is done. 

After all of PC has the update, who gives a crap about consoles, PC are the one giving us money.

THAT is DE mentality. 

No more on cert? Well thousands of consoles players will just ask the stupid question "Is it in cert??"

And people should stop saying they need vacations or covid or any other damn crap. 

In what job does your boss let you go on vacation for 1 month when the work is NOT finished??

DE's job should be finished when ALL the people that give them money have the game at the last update, not just when PC has it!

I resonate with some of this. It's frustrating when people go in vacation when their customers are not happy. 

15 hours ago, (PSN)ghost-sniper132 said:

I liked cert too. A good way would be in development, in cert, live; but like I said, it makes sense to remove cert if a set release date is going to replace it. 

"In Cert" used to provide players a confirmation that the latest build had been independently sent to Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo and each platform would then either make it go live or kick it back to DE. This "In Dev" jargon seems like it's DE's new plan for telling players that the latest build isn't ready on all console platforms and won't be submitted for "In Cert" status until it's simultaneously ready for all platforms. If this is true, Sony and Microsoft players of Warframe ought to anticipate that all future content will be significantly delayed due to DE's commitment to Warframe on the Nintendo Switch.

• Like 3

So, uh, since you just recently ran a script on PC to ensure some people with issues can buy their second Umbra Forma from Teshin I was wondering if the fact that noone on consoles can buy a second Umbra Forma is going to be adressed at some point. Consoles missed the first Teshin Umbra Forma due to receiving the update later but having the same shop rotation as PC. Which makes the current one the first for consoles and second for PC.

Edited by (PSN)Deeceem
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

So, uh, since you just recently ran a script on PC to ensure some people with issues can buy their second Umbra Forma from Teshin I was wondering if the fact that noone on consoles can buy a second Umbra Forma is going to be adressed at some point. Consoles missed the first Teshin Umbra Forma due to receiving the update later but having the same shop rotation as PC. Which makes the current one the first for consoles and second for PC.

Console tenno got an alert that gave it. 

5 hours ago, (PSN)SiPerino said:

"In Cert" used to provide players a confirmation that the latest build had been independently sent to Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo and each platform would then either make it go live or kick it back to DE. This "In Dev" jargon seems like it's DE's new plan for telling players that the latest build isn't ready on all console platforms and won't be submitted for "In Cert" status until it's simultaneously ready for all platforms. If this is true, Sony and Microsoft players of Warframe ought to anticipate that all future content will be significantly delayed due to DE's commitment to Warframe on the Nintendo Switch.

But Dani has confirmed this isn't the case. They will do staggered release if the builds don't line up. Why would they wait to send to cert until all builds are ready if they want to do simultaneous release? That would be the worst move because different consoles take different times for cert. IF they wanted simultaneous release and made people wait, they'd release to each individual cert as soon as each build is ready. Then they would hold the update until the latest console passes cert. Then they'd release together. Waiting to pass to cert would prevent simultaneous release. 

There's only one ting that doesn't make sense to me. They never gave us a date because was not possible to say when the updade would pass the cert, if they are going to give a date it means that they will hold the update even after it passes the cert of all consoles, right?

Edited by (PSN)Guil_Souls
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Nope. That alert was universal for all platforms.

We are indeed 1 guaranteed forma behind. With no way of getting it because DE holds dear to the 'you can only get it if we say so' rule. 

Which would be fine, but only if fairness would've been a part of this. I'm still checking daily if they patch it in but so far absolutely nothing. That's not really how an item that literally can't be acquired unless 'x rule' applied and timegates are waited out..

Unfair!

Oh? Was that universal. That's a shame. 

Well.... if the Umbra Forma is one PC just got then DE has time to give us one. They'll probably give it to us as an alert in the near future. I wouldn't worry to much. They have had this before where PC got something and we got it in alerts so it stayed fair. 

4 hours ago, (PSN)Guil_Souls said:

There's only one ting that doesn't make sense to me. They never gave us a date because was not possible to say when the updade would pass the cert, if they are going to give a date it means that they will hold the update even after it passes the cert of all consoles, right?

No. They're not holding all the consoles for a simultaneous release. If we get a simultaneous release, it'd be because everything happened to line up. What this DOES mean (as it has always meaned) is that there will be a gap between cert and live because they do set a date for it to go live after it's approved for release. 

4 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

No. They're not holding all the consoles for a simultaneous release. If we get a simultaneous release, it'd be because everything happened to line up. What this DOES mean (as it has always meaned) is that there will be a gap between cert and live because they do set a date for it to go live after it's approved for release. 

dont forget that even after the approval they may make small changes before release if they find something that needs to be corrected prior to launch im not clear on the rules of how much could be changed but even after a certification they have a little wiggle room to change things

Not really a fan of the whole process going forward...if you are gonna put all the consoles effectively on the same patch or update, then go all the way and do cross save at lease among consoles...I swear if dauntless can make it look easy, you guys should be able to pull it off...I get that the switch is still not caught up in tennogen, so I would seriously make an effort to get switch to where it needs to be cosmetically, cause I see no other reason for lack of cross save at least

• Like 2

im really surprised this didnt drop already 

2 hours ago, (PSN)ThanatosSloth said:

Not really a fan of the whole process going forward...if you are gonna put all the consoles effectively on the same patch or update, then go all the way and do cross save at lease among consoles...I swear if dauntless can make it look easy, you guys should be able to pull it off...I get that the switch is still not caught up in tennogen, so I would seriously make an effort to get switch to where it needs to be cosmetically, cause I see no other reason for lack of cross save at least

i mean outriders is going to be cross play to start and now destiny is going cross play , i could understand doing the different builds prior to cert but i dont see how thats a thing anymore when other companies dont have to do nearly as much to update and patch consoles . youd think de would be able to do the cross save fairly quickly in comparison 

• Like 1