Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Console Update: Orphix Venom (Status: LIVE!)

[DE]Danielle

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

i mean outriders is going to be cross play to start and now destiny is going cross play , i could understand doing the different builds prior to cert but i dont see how thats a thing anymore when other companies dont have to do nearly as much to update and patch consoles . youd think de would be able to do the cross save fairly quickly in comparison 

This is whats getting me....I see so many other companies that can accomplish it and im like...warframe when?

On 2021-01-05 at 5:25 PM, [DE]Danielle said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Clan Tier / Scores:

Ghost

Terracotta: 1390
Bronze: 5860
Silver: 13920
Gold: 18850

Shadow

Terracotta: 3510
Bronze: 22275
Silver: 69120
Gold: 137250

Storm

Terracotta: 11700
Bronze: 75250
Silver: 230400
Gold: 457500

Mountain

Terracotta: 35100
Bronze: 222750
Silver: 691200
Gold: 1372500

Moon

Terracotta: 117000
Bronze: 742500
Silver: 2304000
Gold: 4575000

• Fixed Xaku’s Grasp of Lohk ability becoming non-functional if cast too rapidly.

This comment has been annoying the hell out of me ever since I read it last week. Please define "too rapidly." 1 second? 15 seconds?

Thing is the non-functional Grasp of Lohk my Xaku has doesn't correlate with timing so much as it does with vast untiming. If I try a grasp after first activating the 4th ability, I wind up with guns floating on my right, and over my head, behind my back, sometimes even under my feet. If I had weapons working correctly on my left, but they unfortunately deactivated at the moment I cast my 4th...  same deal. Tenno forbid I'm surrounded by enemies while having my 4 active and my 2 not -- 38.75 seconds is a really really long wait to start the process over! When it glitches 35 seconds into a 5 minute or longer mission and I have no way to disarm these view-obstructing obstacles? Sad sunshine.

So. If you fix it based on some sort of players-are-fingering-faster-than-they-should notion, it might not actually get fixed. Just saying you might want to look into it more. Impeded digits crossed.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Please calm down.. me myself am really really impatient and nagging in this thread, but it's literally been only 10 days, a week of work days only..

I suspect it to launch next week IF they're done fixing exploits from the event, because to me, it looks like that's the main reason for the hold up. Since people still won't stop abusing glitches to get the most points..

I wasnt raging or screaming or throwing a tantrum, just stating an honest opinion that i was surprised that an update wasnt in/out to deploy, given its small one. sorry you seem miffed by people complaining , but i dont see how that is in alignment to my post, so the context of "calm down" seems inappropriate? 

Last year was doing a good turn around and fairly quick as of late even with events like scarlet spear (and its exploits) its not like when i initially started, as an example waited 3 months for germesi skin update , now its usually 2 weeks at most

this update also has been worked on after the build via pc release on DEC 18th 2020 , the console team is a separate division, so once a pc build is done they hand off a stable build to the consoles team. Now given the team (de)  took time off, further delayed this , it has been a while to even get to deployment stage , let alone release. so it was surprising with their normal quick turn around on deployment

the exploiting fixing part is fair, but then de sometimes dosnt load those fixes until a hotfix after initial deployment . and its not like their wont be exploits and cheesing, happens in every event, and overall this one isnt really something i look forward to. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PSN)ThanatosSloth said:

This is whats getting me....I see so many other companies that can accomplish it and im like...warframe when?

well de staff is small in comparison to say bungies 3k+ staff and such. iirc its around 200+ people right now , and half is the support team

but then again given they are now under tencent control they do have other studios and resources open to them like the epic and riot , ect . and de has used other studios prior to buff the speed of releases and creation on projects prior. its not like they cant simply buy a cross play platform system and simply implent them via cloud services 

pc,xbox,playstation can easily be done using cloudshare setup with a central server system to log in through and deploy out

meaning buying something on either one would be applicable to any platform, and eliminate the needs for them to do certs for the consoles as its a unified server hosted push out not a push out to a store, the clients would possibly get a minor hotfix to accommodate the new server updates but that pushes a lot of problems and staff from being pc/console to just all around user staff pool increasing productivity  

Spoiler

See the source image

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

i just want tennogen xD

That is one of the few things I don't quite get either.  As long as it took for round 19. They should have just done the whole thing on console as part 2 was in the hands of PC when we got part 1

5 hours ago, (PSN)ThanatosSloth said:

I think this may be more of an issue with how the game is designed at it's core.  Age wise Warframe is more similar to destiny 1 than 2.  So the level of overhaul and server/hosting changes would basically be like a new game. Cross save may be possible but I think the devs don't want to admit they can't accomplish cross play.

Wait... Still not on console yet? Didn't y'all have a stream on Thursday named after the event? I can't say this looks good. I'd get this out now. Separate the consoles for their own updates. If switch is lagging the time it takes to get something on the other platforms? They need to be specific and split the consoles, instead of grouping them up.

Do better.  

• Like 2

On 2021-01-15 at 4:40 PM, (PSN)ThanatosSloth said:

.if you are gonna put all the consoles effectively on the same patch or update,

They're not. They just are choosing to do one thread for all consoles instead of multiple. It's Ore concise. 

16 hours ago, (XBOX)Shatterpiller said:

Wait... Still not on console yet? Didn't y'all have a stream on Thursday named after the event? I can't say this looks good. I'd get this out now. Separate the consoles for their own updates. If switch is lagging the time it takes to get something on the other platforms? They need to be specific and split the consoles, instead of grouping them up.

Do better.  

They're not doing a simultaneous release unless things happen to line up as been said multiple times in this thread. They're only taking so long in our eyes because they had their vacation. 

It hasn't even been a month since PC got this. Chill out. 

20 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

the console team is a separate division,

Are you sure on that? Where have we been told this? 

19 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

they do have other studios and resources open to them like the epic and riot , ect .

That's not how DE does things even if they can. It's a them project. 

its not like they cant simply buy a cross play platform system and simply implent them via cloud services 

Knowing DE's coding, engine, etc, I'm sure it wouldn't work as of now. They still need to fix their base coding. 

pc,xbox,playstation can easily be done using cloudshare setup with a central server system to log in through and deploy out

And that would take a long time to setup. Not to mention it would delay updates much more. 

meaning buying something on either one would be applicable to any platform, and eliminate the needs for them to do certs for the consoles

No... they'd still have to send updates out as usual to each individual console. I dunno where you get the ideology that they wouldn't. 

17 hours ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

think this may be more of an issue with how the game is designed at it's core.  Age wise Warframe is more similar to destiny 1 than 2.  So the level of overhaul and server/hosting changes would basically be like a new game. Cross save may be possible but I think the devs don't want to admit they can't accomplish cross play.

Hit the nail on the head. The game at its core (the foundation of the engine, the coding, the way everything works) is outdated and needs a massive overhaul. It may need it to the point where they'd have to rebuild the game from the ground up. As of now, I don't believe cross play is viable. May be possible, but it isn't viable. 

Yeah...I know the dev team is around 300+...Google is great for that knowledge...but also a game like no mans sky can take their game, that had at launch not even a freaking character model back in 2016, to having freighters, multiplayer, customizable characters, and expanding the entire universe twice i think...and they only have 26 employees....I do not want to hear about how they are 2 separate games, cause I get that, but one game has so much more depth to it while the other has layer and layers of forgotten code that needs to be reworked....and they have 274+ more employees to do it with...without microtransactions to boot

Edited by (PSN)ThanatosSloth
Expanding thought

15 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:
  1. Are you sure on that? Where have we been told this? 
  2. That's not how DE does things even if they can. It's a them project. 
  3. Knowing DE's coding, engine, etc, I'm sure it wouldn't work as of now. They still need to fix their base coding. 
  4. And that would take a long time to setup. Not to mention it would delay updates much more. 
  5. No... they'd still have to send updates out as usual to each individual console. I dunno where you get the ideology that they wouldn't. 

1. devs have stated such prior in plenty of streams, they have a dedicated team for the consoles for the development of those builds. the certification process however is  the choke point, but even then, de tends to wait a bit after cert to ship on a targeted date they prep behind. other then special cases, like the war within was cert and released on same day (iirc).
  2. only recent time i can recall was the sacrifice quest, they needed the extra help to get it in and out due to time crunch. now its not to say doing so isn't costly, but with the new tencent owners (overlords)  they should have a pretty nice backing and availability to do so if needed. heck de themselves were the studio that used to do that for other games originally, so not out of question to make use of that resource given past experience doing so
  3. your not wrong .. (their spaghetti setup aside...) they did say this year they were going to try and clean that up (hopefully). but there are easy server implementation to sync /link such as how destiny did theirs. use one account as the base,  but sync multiple accounts to match it ,so no difference between them. given all the platforms input main account and then link other accounts to that account to allow the system to mirror off main.
  4.  de shouldnt need to delay if its a singular system , least xbox to pc side its a clean shot now , playstation and Nintendo are the real choke points, and sony has been playing well with others so there is that. as to delay if de actually made it cross save to the same level as destiny (as an example) they can deploy in mass to all platforms and as its done server side for the majority, the clients need only minor updates
  5.  its how it gets delivered to the client system, in this case de has proven they can sync and deploy on all platforms at the same time quite a few times now. As i already explained, if its one account mirrored then what you do gets added to the account regardless of what platform its signed in on, same thing is already done on pc (example) normal client, vs steam client vs epic client exclusive skins (tennogen or epic weapon skin), you can buy cosmetics on them and when you sign back in on generic client from warframe (not steam) you keep the cosmetics. thus proving they can infact sync and share exclusive cosmetics on one account across multiple client types that dont normally have them. this would just be taking that to the next level, its logical given we have real examples of it that you can try out. 

personally im on every warframe client platform , so for me the whole cross save would be a great thing 

11 hours ago, (PSN)ThanatosSloth said:

Yeah...I know the dev team is around 300+...Google is great for that knowledge...but also a game like no mans sky can take their game, that had at launch not even a freaking character model back in 2016, to having freighters, multiplayer, customizable characters, and expanding the entire universe twice i think...and they only have 26 employees....I do not want to hear about how they are 2 separate games, cause I get that, but one game has so much more depth to it while the other has layer and layers of forgotten code that needs to be reworked....and they have 274+ more employees to do it with...without microtransactions to boot

but wasnt no mans sky a flop on release and took a while before it actually came to that level? (and i recall hearing it was acquired by someone else?) 

• Like 2

but wasnt no mans sky a flop on release and took a while before it actually came to that level? (and i recall hearing it was acquired by someone else?) 

So far i can't find anything saying no mans sky or hello games were acquired by someone else....and yes, just like warframe original, it was fairly rough...however, no mans sky and hello games literally gave their players what they wanted over the course of 3 years and has been icing for the last year with no paid content at all and no microtransactions. Warframe is approaching 10 years and can't seem to listen to what their long term players want.

And not only that, but no mans sky is also cross play and can manage to drop hotfixes on any platform at any time...I think when hello games dropped a decent update, had some bugs that were patched within an hour and was patched once a day, every day for a week....that is the level of awesomeness I hope DE can get to.

Edit: just for clarification, I don't mean to judge so harsh, but the comparison is glaring for me and I just want warframe to be the best it can be, I just think that perhaps there's a mismanagement of resources.

• Like 1

its how it gets delivered to the client system, in this case de has proven they can sync and deploy on all platforms at the same time quite a few times now. As i already explained, if its one account mirrored then what you do gets added to the account regardless of what platform its signed in on, same thing is already done on pc (example) normal client, vs steam client vs epic client exclusive skins (tennogen or epic weapon skin), you can buy cosmetics on them and when you sign back in on generic client from warframe (not steam) you keep the cosmetics. thus proving they can infact sync and share exclusive cosmetics on one account across multiple client types that dont normally have them. this would just be taking that to the next level, its logical given we have real examples of it that you can try out. 

But they'd still have to send it updates through cert. They can't add content or touch on most code without cert review. 

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

But they'd still have to send it updates through cert. They can't add content or touch on most code without cert review. 

There is a type of cert that can be pushed same day...

You are right though...they cannot add content in this type of cert, but they can still change what is currently in the game after a big update...shown after one of No mans skys big updates, they were able to do a patch a day for a week to make sure most bugs went splat lol.

https://sonyreconsidered.com/ps4-devs-gaining-same-day-certification-cb9cc51f0c68

Please bring back the "in Cert" status. Whenever I saw the "in Dev" status changing to "in Cert", I always thought that the Update was getting closer to release, and made me happy and excited. Now, however, it feels stagnant: I see the "in Dev" status and think the Update won't come out anytime soon.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, (PSN)ThanatosSloth said:

There is a type of cert that can be pushed same day...

You are right though...they cannot add content in this type of cert, but they can still change what is currently in the game after a big update...shown after one of No mans skys big updates, they were able to do a patch a day for a week to make sure most bugs went splat lol.

https://sonyreconsidered.com/ps4-devs-gaining-same-day-certification-cb9cc51f0c68

Well, DE can't. They're very limited on what they can touch on code-wise without cert. They've made that clear. 

I misread: let me clarify. DE can't because they aren't that quick, and we have yet to see them do a same day cert consistently. 

Edited by (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1

8 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

well your not wrong given current implementations, but there are ways around that 

so currently we have a client on systems that hosts its resource index and the appropriate resources /data while game is active through de server it points to the resources needed to play the game, such as mesh, animations and textures ect

the more data on our side the less the server needs to work in order to let us play , now iirc they did recently downsize the game clients and reoptimized them , i know you can play the game without the server connection, but then it looks like des wip videos, a bunch of grey boxes and checkered alpha patterns , which is interesting to do but otherwise you can play it like a sandbox

now some services utilize a web entrance so that the data and such are hosted mainly cloud wise, and the client the users get (you and me)  a minimalized application thats just simply a door into the web server , now granted we still have hosted data which will need updates as your saying, but thats minimized as the web server mainly gets the updates . and we know de can push hotfixes without needing cert , so they can do that to client , while keeping the rest on their own web service and then the server integrates through that middleman (cloud service) 

the only downside to this style is latency between 

user (client) -> web services -> game server (how fast server takes client inputs)

game   server ->web service ->client (and how fast the action is displayed)

aka the lag or latency between it , also the cost for de to further host all this 

with that being said they could technically just sync all platforms to same builds (i know pc like getting updates faster) but if de does it this way

then the implementation stays the same, cert and such is required beyond a certain sized update , so de can like they do with the devstreams now, deploy and release based on a scheduled release once a month 

they do kinda do this already but they preset and place new content in inactive states in these updates , so that when the actual rollout occurs they cans end the last bit of the update along with a activating the inactive index spots 

example of this id say is the prime access stuff thats always getting spoiled , de places it ahead of time in the builds,  but the index search can still see it on some platforms which spoils the release 

this way de further reduces work and presets for the releases in a cleaner manner, by having unified releases , that could be scheduled and pre certed so everyone is on the same page and build 

Not saying its not a lot of work and will take a lot of time, but steve has already stated cross save is the next big thing warframe wants to do and they are looking into how to implement it as best they can. i can only surmise the basis and think whats the easiest way to do said implementation 

currently the xbox and sonys individually are cross play , i,e, xbox one <-> xbox series , ps4 <-> ps5  can play with their respected systems

the problem was 2020 made de (and a lot of us) shelve stuff to a back burner and try to adapt tot he new method of doing their jobs , with that and de in devstreams now saying they are going to try to focus on cleaning up the game and flush it out better, may be a step in the unified save direction to be better implemented 

(some articles on this below)

Warframe heads to PS5 and Xbox Series X with cross-play and saves - Polygon 

Digital Extremes Talks About Cross Save For Warframe | COGconnected

Warframe cross-save is the top priority after Empyrean – “I wish we had it right now” | PCGamesN

just in my experience with destiny cross save (soon to be cross play now I hear) it made gaming more convenient and easier to play with some of my friends anywhere at anytime as having a pc/laptop/xbox/playstation made it simple to play on whatever i needed , but a console to laptop play was a nice way to be mobile and have the gaming capability imo 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Shatterpiller said:

Wait! 11 days now? It's not out yet? 

i mean i think the worst wait i can recall was the germesei skin update , that took iirc  months to deploy 

but overall de usually has a 1-2 week drop on updates not which is significantly better 

edit :

also de likes to do target days such as tues,thurs normally but on fridays sometimes, so possibly next week if it goes well?  

Just now, (XBOX)IMABEMEOUTLAW said:

The fact that we haven't gotten the update yet is kind of irritating me, kind of sucks trying to keep up with everything and seeing all this stuff being put into play but can't use it myself. Slowly giving up on WF , so many Years into this game to be treated like we are not important.

I don't think you can blame 100% on DE as the partner companies are also in the part. DE could make console updates with PC updates by sending console updates to cert and confirming for release and releasing at the same time for PC updates like how they did for Heart of Demios. 

Just now, (XBOX)CaptainSeth5423 said:

I don't think you can blame 100% on DE as the partner companies are also in the part. DE could make console updates with PC updates by sending console updates to cert and confirming for release and releasing at the same time for PC updates like how they did for Heart of Demios. 

I'm not putting all the blame on them. But yes like you said I feel like they could've done this differently, and it's just loosing my interest in the game, might just be time for another break for me lol. Feel like they could've pushed out an update for counsels by now, I just personally don't see why we don't have it yet especially with Lavos; And they're about to announce another WF so just feels like we're getting further and further behind.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, (XBOX)IMABEMEOUTLAW said:

I just personally don't see why we don't have it yet e

They had a vacation. Give them a break. 

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)CaptainSeth5423 said:

DE could make console updates with PC updates

And look how horribly unplayable HoD was. Also look how long we had to wait to get the fixes. DE chooses the "let PC go first and grab from there for console" because they know there is going to be issues, and they can fix those very quickly on PC because they don't require cert. If they did the same with consoles, there'd be update after update sitting in cert for 6 different platforms. That's a lot to manage. Not to mention, that would mean they're artificially holding PC (and other platforms) back which wouldn't be fair. 

Edited by (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1