Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Console Update: Orphix Venom (Status: LIVE!)

[DE]Danielle

Manage your disappointment! Holy cow! Are you an infantile? Have you never witnessed disappointment? Life is full of disappointment, get over it!

Btw, we are witnessing the biggest health crisis ever, this pandemic is far from over and still developing.

Somethings just suffer from that.. besides lifes and fates and whatever, professional business is affected as well - all over the bloody globe. Are you blind on two eyes?

I can only watch in disbelief how entitled some people are, as if DE were there own private game development company...seriously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)NabotLysergeek said:

Btw the fact that you're never doubting about DE being honest with us doesn't mean they are. People are disappointed, it's ridiculous to try to convince them not to be, we can't all be such never doubting knights like you are. 

I never said I don't doubt them ever. You don't know me. I can try to ease people's concerns by simply being logical, and I can show people a different perspective or make them think about certain things by being logical as well. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)Korserr said:

@(PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 don't feed the troll, they're only trying to waste your time.

I suppose you're right. 😧

What are your thoughts on the matter? Would you like to give your two cents? 

Edited by (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, (PSN)Korserr said:

@(PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 don't feed the troll, they're only trying to waste your time.

Sorry but "they" I hope you do not include me, because on the one hand it is he who came to answer me and on the other hand my arguments are factual compared to his which are only hypotheses✋🏿

Manage your disappointment! Holy cow! Are you an infantile? Have you never witnessed disappointment? Life is full of disappointment, get over it!

Btw, we are witnessing the biggest health crisis ever, this pandemic is far from over and still developing.

Somethings just suffer from that.. besides lifes and fates and whatever, professional business is affected as well - all over the bloody globe. Are you blind on two eyes?

I can only watch in disbelief how entitled some people are, as if DE were there own private game development company...seriously.

🤔🤔And to answer you, this is a thread where you mind that people still have the right to talk about their feelings and disappointment 🤔🤔 ... ??

47 minutes ago, (XBOX)OrmeVariable996 said:

the other hand my arguments are factual compared to his which are only hypotheses✋🏿

What argument have you made that is factual that I haven't agreed with? Mine aren't hypotheses. They're based on ordered thinking. Quite factual. If X is to happen, Y has to happen, but Y can't happen without Z, etc. 

Your claims about delays being avoidable are based on what? You don't know what hitches they run into during development. Your mention of duviri was pointless cuz that was delayed by covid. Your mention of your knowledge being valid because of seniority is literally a fallacy. 

Edited by (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1
  • Like 1

hace 3 horas, (PSN)Korserr dijo:

He doesn't need people to directly waste his time, for what I've seen in this thread, he's willing to do it himself.

For real, dude, unless I'm being paid, I wouldn't go this far just to defend DE, not that they need defending, but why? why put this much effort? it just seems pointless to me, accept the fact that you can't satisfy or convince EVERYONE that comes asking in this thread for the update, move on already.

• Like 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1:

I never said I don't doubt them ever. You don't know me. I can try to ease people's concerns by simply being logical, and I can show people a different perspective or make them think about certain things by being logical as well. 

I suppose you're right. 😧

What are your thoughts on the matter? Would you like to give your two cents? 

What else could I add that 

a) has not already been said and

b) that would change anything to the situation?

As @[DE]Danielle put it in the monday's evening stream: DE understands the frustration of us consoleros and they want to bring the update asap.

All is said, really.. and your efforts in all honor @(PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 it is clear to my eye that you act in good faith, intending to ease concerns. Problem of today is, many people want to be concerned because they lack in other things in their life, and beeing concerned and beeing able to shout and scream gives them a sense of purpose. I have work to do, see ya around Tenno :)

Edited by (PSN)Korserr
Formatting
  • Like 5

il y a 38 minutes, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 a dit :

Your claims about delays being avoidable are based on what? You don't know what hitches they run into during development. Your mention of duviri was pointless cuz that was delayed by covid. Your mention of your knowledge being valid because of seniority is literally a fallacy. 

The proof that says things to you without knowing duviri had to go out a long time ago the SP operation and deadlock protocol but they pushed it back because it was not yet ready, they said it in the devstream and it was in December 2019, hence the fact that I am talking about my seniority because I followed and listened but in short I let you speak.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)OrmeVariable996 said:

duviri had to go out a long time ago

Duviri was slated for mid to late 2020, yes. Guess why they couldn't do it? Because they need the motion capture in their studio which requires them being in their studio. Guess where they haven't been for a long while due to covid? 

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)OrmeVariable996 said:

hence the fact that I am talking about my seniority because I followed

Again, your seniority means nothing. We are on equal ground. We probably both know a lot.

My biggest point overall is that we can't expect huge shifts in development, and many of the things people are requesting are literally not possible right now, and some things may never be. 

• Like 5

I don't mind the wait people really should learn to have patience & stop rushing DE..

I would rather they take their time & iron out all the bugs & glitches vs rushing a big bug filled update..

There's already enough bugs in this game that haven't been fixed that need to be fixed..

I'd rather wait & let them iron these out then play a bugged filled game 

Please learn to be patient folks because those who are patient are always rewarded in the long run..

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Don't claim this update is heavier than rail jack or open worlds

Never said I did. However you can't just say it's a frame and weapon, there are a lot of other stuff going in, they're working on the next gen update, new sound overhaul, probably the next prime frame and weapons. They add stuff to PC for future releases that they add to this version as well. It's not all black and white.

Edited by (XBOX)Shodian
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)Lorkhan said:

I hope that DE new overlord hear about this new Fiasco.

DE, always promising, always lying 

I doubt it's that big of a deal in the minds of Tencent.  However, some honesty of what is possible with the aging core of the game would go a long way.

That though may have bigger implications with Tencent if they didn't already know they bought a game with an engine two or more generations behind.

I feel this is still right around the corner so it won't be that big of a deal in the end when this update drops. This will only become a big issue if they stonewall it all the way to devstream 151.  Just to make a little statement about it in the works. Then proceed to tease a bunch of new PC content that will be promised to drop in a week or so. 

• Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 a dit :

Again, your seniority means nothing. We are on equal ground. We probably both know a lot.

My biggest point overall is that we can't expect huge shifts in development, and many of the things people are requesting are literally not possible right now, and some things may never be. 

When I talk about seniority I'm not talking about superiority your thinking is wrong I'm just talking about game knowledge and those updates with cert and also DEx's policy against consoles I've seen and for which I played for a while that's all so please don't confuse

Il y a 2 heures, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 a dit :

Duviri was slated for mid to late 2020, yes. Guess why they couldn't do it? Because they need the motion capture in their studio which requires them being in their studio. Guess where they haven't been for a long while due to covid? 

No, but think about it for 2 seconds if the project is postponed well before the pandemics, it is because the logistical means were not reached !! So it is my point of view that DEx lacks logistics to undertake projects and given the scale of this activity this is no longer allowed at the same time

Hello again! Checking in as we move along with getting Orphix Venom out the door… TODAY!

Yes, Orphix Venom: Update 29.6.5 is launching today at ~ 3:00 PM ET on PlayStation and Xbox. The Operation will begin shortly after that at around 3:20 PM ET! This will give you time to download the update and for us to make sure there are no major issues with it before we turn the Operation on. 

We are also targeting today for Nintendo Switch, the reason for the delay is time zone differences between us and Nintendo making the approval process take a bit longer. So we require a bit more time to prepare for launch and get everything in place for the Operation! We’ll keep you posted when we know the launch time of the update and Operation: Orphix Venom itself! If for any unforeseen reason there’s a further delay, we’ll let you know ASAP.

Also! Sometimes it's not enough to just thank you for your patience, so we have extended the originally planned two weeks of double Affinity on consoles to THREE! Once the Operation is live we will be flipping the switch and earning you all double the Affinity until February 11th!

Looking forward to seeing you all out there Necrawebbing and Meathooking Sentients during the Operation! Keep an eye out for Red Text to make an appearance as usual in game to countdown to the update launch.

• Like 33

DE had two more variables thrown on their plate last year with the release of the new consoles. So rather than developing and testing the updates/patches on 3 consoles, they now have 5 consoles to test their functional playability. 

I'm sure COVID also still plays a big part on their efficiency to drop the new updates and I am sure and working either from home or with limited office occupancy has proven to be a challenge as well on their rollout of new content.

Are these 2 factors too much for them to handle on a basis of what the players have become used to for releases over the years? Possibly, but then again, juggling working on new content and making sure releases are stable for all platforms quite certainly is no easy task for them especially under the circumstances. 

I've been busy occupied with my new Oculus Quest 2 purchase, so I am perfectly fine with waiting. 

• Like 5