Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe VR mode.

elitharcos

I think that for future playability it would be a good idea to add it. It could be solved quite easily. Yes, many people will say that "but ahh motion sickness" but I own a VR headset and I can say that if you get used to it even warframe would be playable in my opinion with a VR. Having gun selection related to a belt function like in payday 2 or phasmophobia, and voice chat would probably be used a bit more. Not to mention that spy missions would be a bit more fun. There are a few things to be noted though:

1. When you jump around, etc. your head shouldn't turn with the character while in VR just other players should see it as a maneuver being done.

2. Abilities could be solved by linking them to the little button on the right controller that is usually the menu on the left one. as a rotating wheel and if you wish to use the ability just tap the button.

3. Everything else, weapons, gears, etc. would be at around the belt.

4. The melee system since it uses combos would make it so that when you press the hit button with the sword it would play the animation for you while you lose control of hands temporarily.

5. The sliding/crouching would be on the right pad's touch while jumping is on the left hand's touch.

It would be awesome to play the game in VR and it would be possible to implement it in my opinion and I wish to see it in the future as a possibility.

I played some games which werent made with VR in mind and had it added later as after-thought and its usually not that great of an experience.
Warframe in VR... Is a bad idea. Warframes doesn't need any VR features. Best thing they can do is to make 3rd person camera VR so we can still see  our warframes and continue playing the game as normal.

But honestly either they should  not look to  that  direction,  or  first  attempt  something simple.
For example free exploration of warframe maps in VR mode, just  to check out  the scale, enjoy the views,   yadi yada.
Or maybe something close to what they did with  Glassmaker investigation  rooms. They are giving off VR vibes already.

Isn't immersion the main point of VR? If so, then the POV in a potential VR setup would need to be fixed to the Warframe's head (preferably, the eyes). You can, of course, just have a disembodied camera somewhere near where the warframe should be, but that would just not be immersive at all - making VR pointless.

Now look at the animations for some of the melee stances and imagine seeing those in first-person view! I'm pretty sure that most people viewing "Broken Bull" from Cleaving Whirlwind like that would actually fall over IRL before the 6th spin! And anything from Sovereign Outcast would produce similar results! There's a reason why VR (and 1st person) games work best with a much more tame (and realistic) melee system!

This is the 2nd "please give us VR" thread on these forums I saw this week! Did a bunch of people get VR headsets for Christmas or something?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021-01-06 at 11:31 AM, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Isn't immersion the main point of VR? If so, then the POV in a potential VR setup would need to be fixed to the Warframe's head (preferably, the eyes). You can, of course, just have a disembodied camera somewhere near where the warframe should be, but that would just not be immersive at all - making VR pointless.

Now look at the animations for some of the melee stances and imagine seeing those in first-person view! I'm pretty sure that most people viewing "Broken Bull" from Cleaving Whirlwind like that would actually fall over IRL before the 6th spin! And anything from Sovereign Outcast would produce similar results! There's a reason why VR (and 1st person) games work best with a much more tame (and realistic) melee system!

This is the 2nd "please give us VR" thread on these forums I saw this week! Did a bunch of people get VR headsets for Christmas or something?

Actually VR provides a great 3D. I would play warframe even in 3rd person to be honest. It would feel weird at first, but it would feel like being an observer of the character I am controlling rather than "not immersive at all".

Yeah, some people managed to do some "vorpx" sht, but I would love to see an official version or smth. Even if it's just camera 3rd person mode.

And many times i do NOT play VR for immersion, sometimes i do it for just the 3D effect.

A game like phasmophobia for example was so immersive that i cannot imagine playing it without VR.

But a game like payday 2 would be more fun, even if it is less immersive.(The only thing why it scks is because of the controls... you cannot turn unless you turn in real life and you cannot jump or use half the skills.)

In warframe if there was an option to follow your character around like currently, but with VR's 3D, meanwhile you would still have to use keyboard, i would take it. (I know where my inputs are on keyboard without looking at it)

Archived